What is it exactly that makes it so smart?

Well for one you can answer the phone by sliding the screen up and hang up by sliding it closed.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 03:33 PM
    Is it a toilet or a phone?
    10-18-15 03:36 PM
    What an original joke

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 03:41 PM

Well for one you can answer the phone by sliding the screen up and hang up by sliding it closed.

Posted via CB10
    Matrix... you can quickly hang up if Agent Smith decided to call in in person... ;-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-18-15 03:47 PM
    If it was an iSlide, the world would have bought the stores empty yesterday... ;-P

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    Adam Frix likes this.
    10-18-15 03:49 PM
    What an original joke

Posted via CB10
    Jealous?
    Doggerz likes this.
    10-18-15 03:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    My Sony Ericsson did that. It's a very nice feature.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 04:03 PM
    Yeah it's awesome and fun

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 01:18 AM
    I gave up hoping they'd change that abortion of a name. So I started thinking about how to justify the name.

How many times over the years has someone made a thread about dropping their BlackBerry into the Privy? What if BlackBerry announced it was the Priv because it's smart slide would protect the phone from damage if dropped into the Priv?

BlackBerry really need a good ad agency with some creative talent to create self depreciating ads based on the cringe worthy name.

Priv certainly isn't privacy. So go for the toilet humor. My favorite ad idea is a public restroom with suit and tie wearing executives all using their privs while sitting on the toilet.

"The Priv by BlackBerry ... sitting in a toilet stall is the best privacy you're going to get.".

Have people exiting a rural British Outhouse with phone in hand saying the Privy is the best place for discreet phone calls.

It's BlackBerry's seriousness with the name, the fact they actually believe it's Privacy and Privilege when it's neither one, that is the main problem with the phone.

Another angle on this would be to show a board room of executives trying to name this phone. And they have a list of great names. They want to run the name past Chen and they can't find him. Camera cuts to Chen sitting inside the Privy to get a moments peace and he decides that's the name.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-19-15 07:36 AM
    I like it! Why not, their normal advertising strategy doesn't work.
    Doggerz likes this.
    10-19-15 11:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm confused by your post, which one of you is asking the questions? Is the other giving the answers?

As a big fan of the Torch (9800, 9810) I am hoping for at least the functionality I had when sliding the mechanism open and or closed plus i look forward to anything new they may have added. Other than that, I just expect it to be a branding process. Everything seems to require a name nowadays no matter how basic the premise. This would be no different.
    10-19-15 11:55 AM
    If you can assign specific events to a "slide open" and "slide closed" in different contexts that will be amazing.

If "slide open while an incoming call is ringing" will be able to answer a call, that would be swell, but a "slide closed" during a call should turn ON the screen no matter what the proximity sensor "thinks" and go to the "call" so you can click the on screen "end call" button.

Different actions in different contexts i.e. in the facebook app if i open the keyboard, go to the "post on my wall" page or at least bring any text entry box into focus... there are other ideas here but if BlackBerry implements this at the OS level and at least BlackBerry apps expose various APIs so that you can have different actions taken when the keyboard is opened and closed in different contexts, it really could be an exciting differentiator.

But it's running Android so eff it.
    NevynPA likes this.
    10-19-15 12:02 PM