Hi even though the priv had a floppy sale, and people dislike it even though bo other phone in the market even comes close to its sexy and unique design that is eye catching all the time, I still believe its by far the best phone ever made. I just wish nougat could make it on this phone that way it extends its usage life by 2 more years. Anyways I wanted to share my battery life in those screenshots. Its really good especially considering the bad treatment I gave it. I think the battery life will be even better under nougat
    Attached Thumbnails Priv's amazing battery life and why it should get nougat-17574.jpg  
    08-19-17 04:58 PM
    Too bad people think samsumg is good and iphone
    Attached Thumbnails Priv's amazing battery life and why it should get nougat-17573.jpg  
    08-19-17 05:00 PM
    Yeah why not extend the life of the PRIV and other Dtek series? Probably because they want us to buy one every year to support them.
    Nowadays things are disposable . Yet they want to recycle things because of the environment. Crazy eh?
    I use the PRIV and Dtek60 , pretty happy with them and not really interested in getting the Keyone if any phone at this time . If they don't get Nougat soon the next "O" update will be here and what is going to happen then? They will say sorry no update. Excuses every time. Getting tired of them.
    Love the BlackBerry phones, but their support for products.
    08-19-17 08:48 PM
    The Priv battery life is truly amazing. I left it over night for 9 hours, and only 2% battery consumed. The consumption used to be mainly from Tasker, which is left running in background all the time. I tried it last night to disable the app and got this amazing result.

I previously owned a LG V10, and there's absolutely no competition, although the specs of 2 phones are pretty similar.
    Rico4you likes this.
    08-20-17 02:14 AM
    You have your PRIV well optimized congrats. I get similar results with my PRIV. Just have too investigate, tweak and optimize. Really like my PRIV. But just recently got a KEYONE and that is in another league of its own with battery life..truly incredible! Easily go 2 days without charging. 7 hours on screen time! Amazed.
    skinnymike1 and Xeak like this.
    08-20-17 02:58 AM
    You have your PRIV well optimized congrats. I get similar results with my PRIV. Just have too investigate, tweak and optimize. Really like my PRIV. But just recently got a KEYONE and that is in another league of its own with battery life..truly incredible! Easily go 2 days without charging. 7 hours on screen time! Amazed.
    When I got my priv new, I used to get easily 8hrs screen on time watching youtube and some light communications. However the only reason I dont get that anymore is not because the battery deteriorated but because blackberry screwed up their updates and some of them had really awful battery life. I will never understand why a company that makes the best phones cant even stand behind their products anymore.
    08-20-17 08:07 AM
    I'm very close to taking the plunge on this Priv as a secondary to my KEYone. This thread gives me hope that it can perform decently and last a day.
    08-20-17 09:03 AM
    I'm very close to taking the plunge on this Priv as a secondary to my KEYone. This thread gives me hope that it can perform decently and last a day.
    Dude the priv is still a really fast phone. I have no lag whatsoever. The only lag I notice is only android being buggy as always otherwise the phone performs really well.
    08-20-17 10:12 AM
    08-20-17 10:28 AM
    Thats magical
    What are the tweaks and optimisations? Want to replicate

Posted via CB10
    08-20-17 11:44 AM
    I purchased my new priv three months ago and couldn't be happier. I did a lot of research on this phone and the general consensus is you have to work with it before you condemn it. Reducing screen brightness, avoiding downloading Facebook, and closing apps before they pile up on you help battery life drastically. My next move will be switching from 4k to 1080p.
    08-20-17 11:45 AM
    Thats magical
    What are the tweaks and optimisations? Want to replicate

Posted via CB10
    Well I dont have any optimisation or magic thing at all. I literally only have my apps that I need installed. Only no facebook app but messenger yes. Otherwise nothing fancy at all I didnt do anything special
    08-20-17 09:09 PM
    Well that sounds great for everyone but my case is quite the opposite. After unplugging in the morning around 10-11am I find I need to do a midday charge around 3pm after being near the 50-40% range.

While browsing I can literally see the percentage dropping by the minute, using Whatsapp I see it dropping every two minutes. And this is after reducing screen brightness, turning off adaptive brightness, and closing out apps after use. I only have 5 or 6 left running (HUB, browser (Yandex), PDF file, Whatsapp, Messenger, Piktures).
    I can barely hold the phone sometimes from the heat it gives off when browsing simple websites as well.
    08-21-17 01:23 AM
    For me... Marshmallow was better with my 808 powered DROID, not sure Nougat would have been good for the PRIV. As it is I expect the phone will be usable either way for years to come.
    08-21-17 07:10 AM
    We can hope for Nougat. Rumors say look for it by mid September, but those are just rumors. My Priv runs fine on Marshmallow, but it is beginning to show its age physically with a creaky back and the left side of the back piece gives a little on pressure. Other than that I am good.
    08-21-17 08:10 AM
    I'm just asking out of curiosity, but what makes everyone so sure that Nougat will improve the Priv's performance?
    08-21-17 08:25 AM
    I'm just asking out of curiosity, but what makes everyone so sure that Nougat will improve the Priv's performance?
    It probably won't, the performance and battery gains would be minimal at best. Android is not getting any lighter.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-21-17 10:54 AM
    It probably won't, the performance and battery gains would be minimal at best. Android is not getting any lighter.
    That's what I thought, in general it seems that both OS and app updates just keep getting larger. But in the case of the Priv most say that Marshmallow really helped the battery/overheating.
    For the S7 though, Nougat, basically killed the battery compared to marshmallow, according to many reports.
    08-21-17 11:57 AM
    You might be surprised how performance improves. Since BlackBerry Android is nearly stock, Nougat optimizations should make it smoother, and use less battery.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    08-22-17 03:08 PM
    I have three email addresses and text throughout the day. On occasion I will hit the Web to look something up. I will check for updates a few times a day for apps. I usually get home from work with between 55% - 65% battery life left. my Z10 was worse than the Priv.
    08-22-17 07:15 PM
    Z10 was a beautiful device with too small a Battery. I always carried a spare battery with me so I could swap out and stay connected.
    08-22-17 07:20 PM
    Doze on the go. Those four words.

Split screen is just a great secondary bonus.
    08-22-17 10:59 PM
    Doze on the go. Those four words.

Split screen is just a great secondary bonus.
    This affects light users considerably, but won't make much if any improvements in battery life to heavy users.
    08-23-17 12:21 PM
    Doze on the go can be achieved on marshmallow via greenify settings. Nougat would be great though to achieve this without another app taking up the very antiquated 3 gb of ram the priv has.
    08-23-17 04:56 PM
    And why would NOUGAT make it live longer? Do you realize only 60% of Android phones have marshmallow. They ie Android are pumping out updates and new os at a crazy rate. And most of them are for their devices first ie pixel and Nexus
    08-24-17 04:50 PM
39 12