So I am now on priv #2 that the wireless charging has stopped working. Has anybody had this issue or have any resolution? I hate to send back another perfectly good phone because this has quit working. Had my z30 for three years and beat the crap out of it and never had an issue with the charging. I have had nothing but perfect BlackBerrys in the past so two with the same issue is disturbing.
    12-22-16 06:44 PM
    A lot of the wireless chargers are not really compatible with the Priv, due to its pickup antenna placement.
    From the way you worded your post it sounds like it was working, then stopped? Same charger and same exact location on charger?
    Does it start to charge, then stop? What do you get at the top of the Battery screen under settings when it's on the wireless charger?
    Have you tried a 32 second power button reboot?
    12-22-16 07:03 PM
    Yea I tried a reboot and yes same charger that has worked since I got this one and same placement. Don't know what the settings say when on the charger but I tried the virtual expert and it is not showing any connection to Wireless charging
    12-22-16 07:15 PM
    Have you tried moving the Priv around on the charging surface. But kind of pause as you relocate it as it sometimes takes a bit to recognize the charging has started.
    12-22-16 07:40 PM
    Yes I have tried that. My first one quit in the same way. Just a little discouraged I guess.
    12-22-16 08:15 PM
    In my experience with 2 different wireless chargers, even with perfect placement, the Priv drains faster than it charges. Also it can get too hot.

The wireless chargers I'm using work fine with other devices.
    12-22-16 08:37 PM
    There's a whole thread on wireless charging here, actually several, but one long one with a lot of 'experimentation' from when Priv first came out.
    A 3 coil charger is pretty much a must and an absolute minimum of 2 amp supply for it.
    Wireless is about all I use, and it works great. If the phone goes below 40% it can get warm charging, but never hot.
    I have noticed that if phone is positioned off by a bit, it will start to charge then stop, or charge real slow.
    I use two, though the one on my desk is more for convenience than actual charging. The Samsung works best, so it's the one I drop phone onto at night. It was $30 when I bought, back up to $40 now.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Spigen on my desk is a tad bit slower and a tad bit touchier about placement, but it works.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Its $25 at the moment, but doesn't come with a USB supply.

Wireless is NOT fast, it's going to be 30 to 50% slower than if you plugged the same supply directly into the USB port.
    If you are not using a 3 coil, and/or using a supply less than 2 amp, you're wasting your time.
    Note that I use a Seidio hard case about half the time, it has a metal kickstand right about where the pick up coil is, and will still charge well with wireless.
    12-23-16 05:06 AM
    I do use a3 coil charger and yes it has always worked until now. This is the second priv I have had with the wireless charging gone bad. I am just surprised nobody else has had this issue since it seems to have happened to me twice.
    12-23-16 06:30 AM
    That is a bit odd, it's not a known issue. And it's rather hard to test a wireless charger, unless you happen to have another wireless enabled device at hand.
    12-23-16 06:38 AM
    Long shot but I've heard of BlackBerry switching variants on people, think there was one case who had a -1 and got a -3 as a replacement.

Check under the slide on the top, see if you see a label that says STV100-1?
    12-23-16 07:37 AM
    I have two Priv's. Both are in flip cases of different brands. One case has a rear magnet that can help hold the flip open when fully folded back. I surmise the rear magnet affects the charge - that one does not charge well and gets overheated. As a test, removed the case and it charged fine.

Obviously, if yours has changed over time, that is probably not the issue. What type of charger? Maybe it is killing the circuits in the phone?
    12-23-16 08:57 AM
    I've had my ups and downs with wireless charging. I'll likely move to one of the magnetic cables being offered by several companies. You can even find multi-packs on Amazon. Three for $20.
    12-23-16 10:34 AM
    I had issues with the wireless charger that I used for my Passport. I replaced it with a Techmate 3 coil charger. It works perfectly even with my Stilgut case. Zero issues. Another person posted that Blackberry support recommended it as one they had success with.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12709065
    12-23-16 10:46 AM
    Didn't see you mention, but have you tested the phone with another wireless charger or tested another wireless charging enabled phone on the charger?
    12-23-16 11:40 AM
    I have noticed that if phone is positioned off by a bit, it will start to charge then stop, or charge real slow.
    Yes, I have experienced this with the Moko. I used to have it plugged into a device that shows how much watts it's pulling. If it's low it's not positioned correctly. If it's approx 8 watts all is well. Unfortunately my little device stopped working so there has been a few times I've woken up and it had started and stopped. Luckily the 2amp charger gets it fully charged while I get ready for work.
    12-23-16 11:47 AM
    I've had my ups and downs with wireless charging. I'll likely move to one of the magnetic cables being offered by several companies. You can even find multi-packs on Amazon. Three for $20.
    Looked interesting but the reviews of many of the products don't make it sound effective or durable. Also, I guess some charge ONLY and will not carry data???
    12-23-16 12:17 PM
    I have the moko charger and an LG puck. The LG was always hit or miss as it is a 1 coil. The phone doesn't work on either. I just dont know if I want to get a replacement again if this is just going to happen again. Seems to make it about 4 months between failures
    12-23-16 12:52 PM
    I just dont know if I want to get a replacement again if this is just going to happen again.
    If you do decide to try again - I'd suggest either the Samsung that I posted a link for or the one in post #13, as it has BB tech recommendation.
    Samsung plus - 45 degree, which also eliminates the possibility of misalignment on one axis
    Samsung minus - twice the price.
    Both come with a power supply so you don't have to hunt up the critical 2+ amp supply.
    The Samsung also has a built in cooling fan, some people have said it's noisy. Either mine is very quiet, or it hasn't gotten warm enough to kick on.

Another thing I've noticed is wireless doesn't seem to kick back in as soon as wired. Both methods are supposed to drop down to a maintenance charge and keep the phone at or very close to 100%. Wireless seems to let the battery drop below 90 before kicking back in and taking back to 100. Not a problem for me, I can take off with 90% and still have 50 left by bedtime.
    Sometimes, if I get a bunch of app updates overnight, the charging stops and doesn't start again. Not every time, maybe 1/2 the time if more than 4 updates.
    - Anybody else using wireless notice the above two issues?
    12-24-16 05:50 AM
    I'll likely move to one of the magnetic cables being offered by several companies.
    My bluetooth, Plantronics Voyager Pro uses a magnetic cable, it truly sucks, and Plantronics is not a cheap fly by night outfit.
    The magnetic connections only advantage is that if it is an integral part of the device, water or moisture proofing is is easy.
    That advantage is totally negated if it's a plug in adapter.
    The reviews for these are all over the map, I'd bet money that the good reviews are from people who have used them less than a month. They work great until a bit of surface corrosion builds up, (and thats when, not if, because it will). If you are willing to carve a pencil eraser down small enough, and clean/polish the contacts every week or two, they are prob OK.
    12-24-16 06:10 AM
    If you do decide to try again - I'd suggest either the Samsung that I posted a link for or the one in post #13, as it has BB tech recommendation.
    Samsung plus - 45 degree, which also eliminates the possibility of misalignment on one axis
    Samsung minus - twice the price.
    Both come with a power supply so you don't have to hunt up the critical 2+ amp supply.
    The Samsung also has a built in cooling fan, some people have said it's noisy. Either mine is very quiet, or it hasn't gotten warm enough to kick on.

Another thing I've noticed is wireless doesn't seem to kick back in as soon as wired. Both methods are supposed to drop down to a maintenance charge and keep the phone at or very close to 100%. Wireless seems to let the battery drop below 90 before kicking back in and taking back to 100. Not a problem for me, I can take off with 90% and still have 50 left by bedtime.
    Sometimes, if I get a bunch of app updates overnight, the charging stops and doesn't start again. Not every time, maybe 1/2 the time if more than 4 updates.
    - Anybody else using wireless notice the above two issues?
    Not the first, but I've had problems like the second. I worked with BB support for weeks on the latter and they managed to track that problem to my Daydream app. Changed apps and it things got a lot better.

One thing to note is that on my VZW priv, the coil was offset horizontally so I had to place the phone slightly left for best connection. My ShopBB unit doesn't seem to have this issue.
    12-24-16 07:37 AM
    Not the first, but I've had problems like the second. I worked with BB support for weeks on the latter and they managed to track that problem to my Daydream app. Changed apps and it things got a lot better.
    Odd, the only daydream I have is what came on the phone, and it's never been turned on.
    12-24-16 07:50 AM
    BB support was top-notch in resolving my charging issue. I suggest you give that path a try. It will mean a lot of effort on your part since you will have to capture screenshots and debug logs many times for them. For me it took about a half-dozen tries before they identified the problem. I loved the app I was using but if it interfered with wireless charging it had to go. I went from 100% failed to charge rate to a 98% successful charge rate. It looks like the eireless charging system is real finicky on the Priv.
    12-25-16 07:48 AM
    I loved the app I was using but if it interfered with wireless charging it had to go.
    You could tell us which app
    FF22 likes this.
    12-25-16 08:11 AM
    You could tell us which app
    Clock Weather Daydream.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ruju.supernova

Unfortunately, this is a wonderful night-display, very easy to customize the fonts colors, clock display, etc. It made it very easy for us near-sighted individuals to be useful.
    12-26-16 08:47 AM
    Hopefully it will help some one, so thanks.
    I looked at it, too bad it caused problems, it looked fairly useful, specially if you use phone as bedside clock..
    12-26-16 06:49 PM