I actually don't get what those ”1000% better" would be. I agree the keyboard one the Priv isn't the best one BlackBerry came up with, actually I guess it's one of their poorer ones, yet considering everything it's still good. Small? Yes, kinda. It is about the same size as the one of my Q10 which I never had problems with for well more than 18 months. I also owned the Classic and the Passport, especially the latter has a much bigger keyboard - but I managed the Priv after giving its keyboard a chance.
    Btw. the keyboard is also larger than those on the legacy BlackBerries, those keyboards everybody raved about for years.

Besides I am somewhat baffled: You smash the Hub on Priv, which I totally understand, but praise another device for not having it. Especially since both are running the same OS and you can easily use an app which suits your needs on both devices.
    I am surprised to hear that the Priv physical keyboard is the same size as the Q10 and larger than the older legacy models. Maybe my eyes were better then!
    03-20-16 06:50 AM
    I guess my 1000% better was hyperbole. I had such high hopes for the Priv, maybe I had unrealistic expectations
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    03-20-16 06:51 AM
    Here is a photo.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    that pic just emphasize how much prettier the Priv is compared to the Samsung. 💖

Posted via Droidberry Priv 👍
    03-20-16 07:16 AM
    I am surprised to hear that the Priv physical keyboard is the same size as the Q10 and larger than the older legacy models. Maybe my eyes were better then!
    Nah, you just get used to the other keyboards, same for me. The moment I unboxed the Priv and opened the slider for the first time, I was impressed by the mechanism but just an eyeblink later, very disappointed by the keyboard size. I knew it was smaller than the keyboard of Passport (of course!) and also smaller than the one of my Classic, but it somehow looked tiny to me. It took a while till I adjusted - and compared it to my Q10, virtually the same size.
    03-20-16 07:20 AM
    Nah, you just get used to the other keyboards, same for me. The moment I unboxed the Priv and opened the slider for the first time, I was impressed by the mechanism but just an eyeblink later, very disappointed by the keyboard size. I knew it was smaller than the keyboard of Passport (of course!) and also smaller than the one of my Classic, but it somehow looked tiny to me. It took a while till I adjusted - and compared it to my Q10, virtually the same size.
    Do you like it now? I found myself using the virtual keyboard and loving it. I love to "flick" my words
    03-20-16 07:40 AM
    Do you like it now? I found myself using the virtual keyboard and loving it. I love to "flick" my words
    Yes I like it, but it sure ain't on the same level as Passport (SE) or Classic. After a few days I am just as fast as I have been on the other devices.
    I use the virtual keyboard occasionally, mostly for short replies or a quick search on the web. For everything slightly longer, I slide out the keyboard.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-20-16 09:40 AM
    Yes I like it, but it sure ain't on the same level as Passport (SE) or Classic. After a few days I am just as fast as I have been on the other devices.
    I use the virtual keyboard occasionally, mostly for short replies or a quick search on the web. For everything slightly longer, I slide out the keyboard.
    Glad you like it now, but obviously everyone's experience is unique. Comparing things does not help the adaptation i think.
    03-20-16 10:31 AM
    Besides I am somewhat baffled: You smash the Hub on Priv, which I totally understand, but praise another device for not having it. Especially since both are running the same OS and you can easily use an app which suits your needs on both devices.
    S7 is running M and Priv still on L?
    lang007 likes this.
    03-20-16 11:13 AM
    that pic just emphasize how much prettier the Priv is compared to the Samsung. 💖

Posted via Droidberry Priv 👍
    Well the Samsung is prettier and girlie the Blackberry is more rugged and man

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    03-20-16 01:18 PM
    If the S7 Edge does everything you want right now with the current OS and Sammy apps, then get the S7 Edge. Samsung is notoriously bad about providing updates. Between Samsung's OS and UI tweaks and carrier review of updates, I'm doubting we'll see any of the monthly OS patches for the Edge. In fact, I wouldn't expect more than 1 update a year for 2 years.

On the other hand, if Priv sales fall short and BlackBerry decides to get out of the handset business, I don't see BlackBerry maintaining their Android team for long just to enhance Priv apps and deliver monthly patches for devices they might or might not continue to be in the business of producing.

There's an earnings call coming up which might she'd light on how optimistic BlackBerry remains about the Priv. Of course, the Verizon variant just became available and no numbers will be available now. Sprint has yet to see their variant even hit the FCC for testing yet.

I have not yet successfully gotten the Priv apps to work on my Nexus 7 running 6.0.1. And until I can get these running, I can't assume ill be able to use them on an Edge.

There are risks with either choice and I'm going to wait until after the earnings call to make any decision.

BTW, if you've decided on the Edge, the free Gear VR offer has expired, but this week, Best Buy is offering a free Samsung wireless charger with the purchase of an S7 or Edge.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    03-20-16 01:32 PM
    I'm more excited about the note 6 rumors so far tbh. I've skipped the standard Galaxy since the note 3
    Excuse me but this thread is for Priv and S7
    lang007 likes this.
    03-20-16 02:40 PM
    Kinda weird to pay approximately $500 more for a lower spec older phone model doesn't it? Especially when everybody shuns the older model brand as totally obsolete & makes fun of it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    In my neck of the woods the Priv is cheaper...actually I got mine from BB last month discounted by $50.00 USD with a free leather flip case and Sync Pod. So...my scenario is different from the OP. If the S7 EDGE works for you..get that S7 Edge. I have nothing bad to say about it. Sorry to hear that folks near you are so critical. I have not had one person criticize my Priv...I hear "That is cool." when the PKB comes out. The Priv meet my needs with that (Wow factor) that distinguish it from other Androids. I paid less for my Priv then I would have for a S7 EDGE and I will be careful not to drop my Priv in the toilet.

Yes we Chen!!!
    03-20-16 05:06 PM
    I have owned them both and the S7 Edge crushes the Priv. I had the Priv for a bout a week and returned it and got a S7 Edge and it is 1000% better... I am not an Android fan but between these two phones it isn't even close
    Thank you for that information
    03-21-16 09:58 AM
    What is the difference in time frame of the security patch updates between the two

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 10:09 AM
    I would like to thank everyone for all of there comments it helps me out a lot.
    03-21-16 10:12 AM
    What is the difference in time frame of the security patch updates between the two

Posted via CB10
    I haven't seen any commitment by Samsung to deliver security patches. I read that the S6 devices are only patched as of November '15.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    03-21-16 12:43 PM
    I would like to thank everyone for all of there comments it helps me out a lot.
    I would like to add that I may not have given it enough time. after reading up on the Priv and I didn't know about a lot of features and benefits
    03-21-16 03:06 PM
    Honestly, I wish Blackberry just cut the gimmicks and make a Z30-like phone running Android.

Right!?

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.2.2474
    baspeed likes this.
    03-21-16 03:20 PM
    Honestly, I wish Blackberry just cut the gimmicks and make a Z30-like phone running Android.

Right!?

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.2.2474
    At least it doesn't look like a Samsung, LG or iPhone. I'd like a keyboardless version of the Priv at a lower price

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 03:53 PM
    I thought the same thing

Has anyone felt that typing on qwerty board of Priv to be top heavy?

Posted via CB10
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-21-16 04:04 PM

Right!?

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.2.2474
    Blackberry is too late enter to Android world. Samsung and Apple is big player in the market, somemore cheaper phone from China also join the party. What Blackberry can do? A completed OS is need time to mature, Android by Blackberry really need work hard.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 07:44 AM
    There's no competition tbh. I've seen a Priv vs LG G4 comparison and they're more comparable. One could say the S7 is 2 generations newer than the Priv.
    03-22-16 07:57 AM
72 123