Posting on this forum because I currently own the PRIV.

I love the device. Android + BlackBerry is the best of both world IMO. However, I am trying to justify the purchase and having a hard time doing so. I have the T-Mobile variant so I got it for $720. That is a large pricetag for what you get (clicky screen and all). Coming from a financially reserved OnePlus One user. I still look for other options considering I'm still within the 14 day grace period of the purchase.

I have my eyes set on a possible Passport SE alternative (about $250 used, very good condition, on Amazon). It is a sexy beast. The app selection isn't a killer for me cuz emails/texts and phone calls are the only things I use my phone for. I have an Xbox1 for games and a tablet, I don't use, for any videos/movie I would like to watch.

I'm torn between the two. Given the info I provided can you all help a brother out? Which phone do you think is best, for me?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-11-16 11:55 PM
    clicky? bought outright? return for a new one I'd say, but if you don't want to fork out that much, then the SE would be the go...
    acovey likes this.
    02-12-16 12:12 AM
    If you don't need any apps and just a good, fast and reliable device then I would give the Passport a try.
    You won't be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain and acovey like this.
    02-12-16 12:22 AM
    If it should be BB10, then Passport (if you like the form factor), or even a Z30.

With Android, you have nice choices: Xiaomi Mi4c, ZTE Axon, Nubia Z9, Meizu MX5 or Oppo R7s. Big guns with excellent hardware and build quality. VALUE! Some of them has novel gesture controls which are more sophisticated than the BB ones. If you need pure size, like absolute ooh & aah, try the 6.8 inch Huawei P8max.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 12:42 AM
    Oh, I left out the Nexus 6P... which is one of the best if not THE best Android smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 12:59 AM
    I have both Passport and Priv. When it comes to the Hub the Priv is no match to the Passport. The VKB and PKB on the Priv is very good. I seldom use the PKB as VKB is too good. Priv is very smooth device on Android no lagging and heating at all .

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    02-12-16 02:12 AM
    I think the true bottom line for you is do you want the Android OS or BB10? Myself I have never been an android fan so the Passport SE was my choice coming from the Z10. You will need to list the pro's & con's for you on each OS and that will tell you where you should be. Good Luck. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & retired Z10
    02-12-16 02:59 AM
    I have had the Priv since it launched here in the US and the more I use it, the more I like the device. But, I always did like my passport. In the end, if your budget can't justify owning a Priv, then the Passport SE is a great second choice.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-12-16 05:31 AM
    I agree with Bakron and will add that the Passport was quite possibly the best BlackBerry ever built. I had zero complaints about my passport and still pick it up and use it from time to time. With respect to the Priv, which is my current daily driver, I returned the first one as android is a hot mess in my opinion. I picked up another Priv and have forced myself to embrace it. To quote CNET, I Finally Stopped Worrying and learned to Love the Priv. It took me some time to get the hang of Android and now I will say I tolerate it well. I doubt I will ever love android as I did BB10 but, life and technology moves on. BlackBerry has made noticeable and great improvements to the Priv over the past few months and if their improvements on BB10 over time is any indication of how they will improve Android, I believe we may all be in for a treat. In the end, you will not go wrong with a $250 Passport and you can wait some time for a better Priv. But, if, like me, you like technology, the latest gadget AND you love BlackBerry, then give the Priv a try. Either way, you will make a great choice.

jm1219 likes this.
    02-12-16 06:56 AM
    I have both Passport and Priv for a while. I still like Passport a lot and use it as my daily driver. Not sure how secure is Priv. Is it secure enough to do you banking? Also, to browse is a pleasure in Passport. One click keyboard shortcut opens the browser. One click on keyboard brings me bookmark. One click on keyboard brings me Reader mode. Priv for your eyes, Passport gets things done. Difficult choice!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 07:31 AM
    My only problem with the PP was one hand use (and apps, and my company would not support). It wasn't a huge deal, but I have large hands and absolutely could not use it with only one hand.

02-12-16 07:37 AM
    can you explain more about why Hub is so much better on PP?
    02-12-16 09:15 AM
    That is the issue Im concerned with. The phone seems large for a one handed use.

My only problem with the PP was one hand use (and apps, and my company would not support). It wasn't a huge deal, but I have large hands and absolutely could not use it with only one hand.

02-12-16 11:03 AM
    I own both and they are excellent devices ! If you don't care much of the apps and you care more about the cost buy the passport! It will serve absolutely 100% your needs .
    02-12-16 03:37 PM
    If you want a workhorse go Passport SE if you want to play games an need lots of apps go Priv or iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 04:16 PM
    That is the issue Im concerned with. The phone seems large for a one handed use.
    My thumbs were long enough to reach across the pp, but not to balance it at the same time. I remember a couple times having to find a place to set down what I was carrying to do some tasks on the phone. Hardly productive to stand there guarding my stuff vs walking and peck/flicking. Then again that there are enough nice things about the PP that I probably would have kept it if my company supported it. Although, if I did still have it I would be a bit concerned about the dated android support.

02-12-16 04:30 PM
    I have had the Priv since it launched here in the US and the more I use it, the more I like the device. But, I always did like my passport. In the end, if your budget can't justify owning a Priv, then the Passport SE is a great second choice.
    Agree with you Ron . I am enjoying both .
    02-13-16 03:04 AM
    i dont understand these threads if your phone isnt what you were looking for or if there is something wrong with it why not just return it instead of looking for some kind of approval from people on forums, if i wasnt happy with something i wouldnt ask other people what i should do id do what feels right to me. the priv is an expensive phone it should be everything you expected it to be if it isnt then thats a problem for you.
    Keith Atkinson, jm1219 and acovey like this.
    02-13-16 09:44 AM
    When I had my Priv, I was excited and a really happy camper. But I missed my Black on Black Passport.
    Then I had a Passport SE ... and I didn't miss any other device I previously sported.
    FWIW, I share the same usage than yours, mostly. Some BBW apps here and there (+ some APKs - where needed - all performing ok after some efforts (and/or some limitations) though).
    That's my different signature. And people keep wowing at it (that's me stagy lol).

At $250 price tag ... I believe you can easily read my mind

P.S !important; I had to return my Priv after 3 weeks (was a loan). Must confess I don't know where I'd be if it was still mine.
    02-13-16 10:06 AM
    When I had my Priv, I was excited and a really happy camper. But I missed my Black on Black Passport.
    Then I had a Passport SE ... and I didn't miss any other device I previously sported.
    FWIW, I share the same usage than yours, mostly. Some BBW apps here and there (+ some APKs - where needed - all performing ok after some efforts (and/or some limitations) though).
    That's my different signature. And people keep wowing at it (that's me stagy lol).

At $250 price tag ... I believe you can easily read my mind

P.S !important; I had to return my Priv after 3 weeks (was a loan). Must confess I don't know where I'd be if it was still mine.
    What's FWIW mean? What's FWIW stands for?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 10:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Means "for what it's worth " fwiw

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-13-16 11:36 AM
    Poor (foreigner) English and abbreviations ... Sorry !
    And thanks astrodan13 !
    jm1219 likes this.
    02-13-16 11:44 AM
    I chose to stick with the PRIV. I will be paying much more but I came to the conclusion it will be a better investment in the long run.

Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-13-16 01:22 PM
    Just bought the tmo priv to test drive it before the 24th. If I like it or not, will return it. But, if I like it, will buy it through BlackBerry store for the $50 discount plus the accessories. Will let you guys know how it goes

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    02-13-16 01:51 PM
    Returning it to TM sends signal that you don't like the phone. If everyone does that it would seem TM would not view the Priv in a favorable light. They would think they made a mistake carrying it. Your return becomes a used phone that will have to be labeled as refurbished.

Just buy from shop BlackBerry and decide before the return date expires.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 03:05 PM
31 12