How is it possible that my wife's dtech50 destroys my privs camera 🎥, like no joke it seems as if 50% of the time pictures on hers look a lot better, ive heard weird **** like the cameras on androids get worse with time and it seems as if this is a prime example. FYI pics taken at night indoors
    01-21-17 11:35 PM
    I can't speak about picture quality as you have not posted any for us to see but I have to say the comment about photos automatically getting worse as time passes from an android device is not something that is possible.
    01-21-17 11:42 PM
    First pic is dtech50 second is my priv ,I just don't get it ,have done the test a half dozen times and same results
    Attached Thumbnails priv vs dtek50-46121.jpg  
    01-21-17 11:48 PM
    This is the dtek50
    Attached Thumbnails priv vs dtek50-46129.jpg  
    01-21-17 11:50 PM
    The first pic, the priv taken pic, is the clearer ...
    01-22-17 03:58 AM
    Detect50.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 04:03 AM
    This is like asking why a Sony camera is different to a Nikon camera.

They have different specs. Just because they have the BlackBerry brand splashed on them doesn't mean they'll take the same picture.

Dtek50 isn't made by BlackBerry in the first place.
    01-22-17 06:06 AM
    Try rebooting your priv..
    01-22-17 07:36 AM
    First pic is dtech50 second is my priv ,I just don't get it ,have done the test a half dozen times and same results
    heyy... it's my cat

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 09:11 AM
    heyy... it's my cat

Posted via CB10
    No, it's his.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 10:03 AM
    Check the lens. Here's the same picture taken seconds apart. The first result appalled me and then I cleaned the lens which had a fine haze on it. But in this case the first shot was so bad that it was noticeable as soon as I shot it. I looked at the lens and noticed the haze. Cleaned it and took it again - much better. But I found that sometimes it was not noticeable until viewed later on the computer and then it was too late to reshoot it.

priv vs dtek50-dirty-lens-compare.jpg

But BB's cameras have never been terrific in less than optimal light.

edited to add: more details on how and why I captured these images. Oh, this was before my Priv on my Z30. But the lens dirt messes up any picture, no matter which device.
    Last edited by FF22; 01-22-17 at 12:43 PM.
    01-22-17 10:58 AM
    What did you use to clean it just ,water and cloth ,or windex or something like that
    01-22-17 12:07 PM
    The first pic it brutal the second is bang on
    01-22-17 12:09 PM
    What did you use to clean it just ,water and cloth ,or windex or something like that
    I breathe deeply on it and fog it with my breath and then wipe carefully with a microfiber cloth. (I think breath has a bit of CO2, making it slightly acidic and good for light cleaning) I actually do the same for the screen but the screen might have some solid, stuck debris - then water or spit! The lens usually only gets a haze but careful if there might be any grit - tiny, sand-like particles can definitely scratch the lens and screen.

Actually, the above pictures were taken with my Z30 before I got the Priv. But the same holds true for any Phone camera lens. We don't tend to protect them like we do with real cameras. I had noticed a few times my pictures were fuzzy and then saw the lens had a haze. I started carrying a small square of microfiber and trying to remember to wipe the lens.

I've now escalated my procedure making the phone less accessible. My phones are tucked into a microfiber eye glass bag. That keeps the lens clean when stuffed in my pocket and the microfiber is always available.

May be overkill but why bother taking pictures if they are not going to turn out good because the lens is smeary.

I just edited the picture post above with some more info on what happened and why I noticed.
    thekidshop likes this.
    01-22-17 12:38 PM