I was wondering if the PRIV will allow the user to enter their voicemail password so that when I call to retrieve my voicemails, it would enter the password automatically for me.

There was a feature in BB10 which allows us to enter our password code into the phone which would automatically dial this after a few seconds.

I found this to be extremely handy but can't seem to locate this feature on the PRIV.

I may not be looking in the right area so I am asking here to see if anyone knows if this exists.

Thanks,
    03-31-16 03:02 AM
    If you save the voicemail number as a contact and the enter your pin following a comma it should work, the comma inserts a pause while the number is dialed.

i.e. xxxx xxx xxxx, xxxx
    FF22 and misterabrasive like this.
    03-31-16 03:57 AM
    Thanks Paul!
    03-31-16 11:06 AM
    If you save the voicemail number as a contact and the enter your pin following a comma it should work, the comma inserts a pause while the number is dialed.

i.e. xxxx xxx xxxx, xxxx
    Okay, that worked BUT.... How do you put in the COMMA? When I was editing the phone number, I kept getting the Dial Pad which does not have a comma. I tried pressing that little keyboard icon in the lower right but it asked me which keyboard but never gave me a regular keyboard. I finally resorted to the physical keyboard to enter the comma!
    03-31-16 01:09 PM
    It gives you the numeric keypad but you still have the symbol key which gives you access to the comma.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-31-16 03:01 PM
    Okay, that worked BUT.... How do you put in the COMMA? When I was editing the phone number, I kept getting the Dial Pad which does not have a comma. I tried pressing that little keyboard icon in the lower right but it asked me which keyboard but never gave me a regular keyboard. I finally resorted to the physical keyboard to enter the comma!
    Can't you press the *# key on the left side of the virtual keyboard?

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    03-31-16 03:02 PM
    Can't you press the *# key on the left side of the virtual keyboard?

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    Ah, that is the SYMBOL key Paul mentioned!

So, I'm thick!!
    03-31-16 06:17 PM

i.e. xxxx xxx xxxx, xxxx
    That's what I did. Works great.
    03-31-16 06:54 PM
    No need to add a contact for voice-mail: go to Phone > Settings > Call Settings > Voice-mail > Setup, edit the number to add 2 pauses (commas) and your PIN. The ";1" may be added as well if you need to press 1 to hear your messages.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    03-31-16 09:16 PM
    No need to add a contact for voice-mail: go to Phone > Settings > Call Settings > Voice-mail > Setup, edit the number to add 2 pauses (commas) and your PIN. The ";1" may be added as well if you need to press 1 to hear your messages.

Aha. I don't recall if it was in the Verizon Thread but no one made the suggestion that it was already embedded but needed editing. Thanks.

Now to ask the next question: Quick way of accessing it?
    03-31-16 09:44 PM

This works when I access voicemail with long press on 1 on dialpad...but doesn't work using the voicemail shortcut icon that came with the Priv. Any way to edit the number that shortcut uses?

03-31-16 10:04 PM
    Aha. I don't recall if it was in the Verizon Thread but no one made the suggestion that it was already embedded but needed editing. Thanks.

Now to ask the next question: Quick way of accessing it?
    When the new voice-mail notification appears opening the notification allows you to call to check your voice-mail.

FF22 likes this.
    04-01-16 07:45 PM
    This works when I access voicemail with long press on 1 on dialpad...but doesn't work using the voicemail shortcut icon that came with the Priv. Any way to edit the number that shortcut uses?

I set it up on the shortcut also. It works just fine but you need to give it a few seconds. The recording comes on telling you to enter your password but if you do nothing for a couple of seconds, it goes to your mailbox.
    04-01-16 07:58 PM
    Thanks! I also used the swipe shortcut so when selected it dials the specific contact info set up for the voicemail.
    04-03-16 12:17 PM
    I thought that I had entered my Password. It works sometimes..If I tap the VoiceMail Icon it works. But...
    04-03-16 12:37 PM
    On the physical keyboard if I press the W, it goes to Voice Mail but does not enter my Password.
    04-03-16 12:38 PM
    Is there a different place to enter password info that I've missed?
    04-03-16 12:38 PM
    (posting is not working right.
    04-03-16 12:39 PM
    Longer sentences don't post
    04-03-16 12:39 PM
    Longer sentences don't post
    I thought that everyone used the physical keyboard for longer posts. Try using the Virtual keyboard for short sentences like this. 😁😁😁
    04-03-16 01:10 PM
    I thought that everyone used the physical keyboard for longer posts. Try using the Virtual keyboard for short sentences like this. ������
    Just answer why W on pkb does not work!!!
    04-03-16 01:37 PM
    Tech is trying to fix POSTING errors on CB!!
    04-03-16 01:38 PM
    Just answer why W on pkb does not work!!!
    I don't use the PKB. So I don't know :-D
    04-03-16 04:49 PM
    I don't use the PKB. So I don't know :-D
    You are earning your name!!!

I do wonder where the data is stored since I did edit the appropriate location(s) that I found.

But, here, I'll share part of my dinner with you

PRIV voicemail access code setup (ala BB10) possible?-img_20160403_1712386.jpg
    04-03-16 08:23 PM
    I set it up on the shortcut also. It works just fine but you need to give it a few seconds. The recording comes on telling you to enter your password but if you do nothing for a couple of seconds, it goes to your mailbox.
    I set it up in the phone settings, and works fine when accessing voicemail with long pressing 1 on dialpad. But if I hit the stock voicemail shortcut, it dials into voicemail but just says 'enter your password' a few times and then times out and says try again later. Is there a way to edit that actual shortcut, beyond just editing the phone number in the phone settings?

04-13-16 02:20 PM
26 12