In BB10 we had visual voicemail right in the Hub. If you received a voicemail, you didn't have to call a number to retrieve it, you just pressed play in the notification in the Hub and you could hear your voice mail. I don't see this in the Hub on the Priv. Why is that, and is there a way to get it?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-03-16 10:42 PM
    Because... Android?

Honestly though, the Hub on the Priv is an app, not integrated into the OS. So things won't work as seamlessly as they did on BB10. It's just something you'll have to accept. Maybe one day they might get the Hub more integrated into system functions, but I don't know if it's even a possibility at this point.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    08-03-16 10:57 PM
    No, I understand that, but it doesn't seem like something difficult to integrate. I know T-Mobile offers Visual Voicemail but at an additional charge. Not sure how BlackBerry pulled it off on BB10 but I never needed to pay anything extra. Does anyone have any insight as to this?

08-04-16 07:16 AM
    No, I understand that, but it doesn't seem like something difficult to integrate. I know T-Mobile offers Visual Voicemail but at an additional charge. Not sure how BlackBerry pulled it off on BB10 but I never needed to pay anything extra. Does anyone have any insight as to this?

I use it regularly on BB10, however it is not a bonus feature - I pay extra for my carrier to provide the service. I'm not entirely sure that it is actually available for Android though. I almost switched my carrier a while ago and, since I use this feature quite heavily, I wanted to make sure I didn't lose it. They told me that it was only available for iPhones. Now, I don't know that all carrier service reps are exactly as up-to-speed as they should be on everything, and I would expect they would be less informed on BB10 or Windows Phone, but I would tend to think they would have said that it is "only available for iOS AND Android" if that were the case, rather than specifying that it was "only for iPhones"...

So, anyway, I would call your carrier first to find out. It's possible that it's there but it is definitely something that they have to enable on their end.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-04-16 07:52 AM
    Vvm is free on tmobile. The vm to text isn't free. If you want Vvm you will need the tmobile Vvm application. As far as I know, Android doesn't have a built in Vvm application so it's up to oems and carriers to add it. Bb10 had the service built into the OS. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vm.application
    08-04-16 08:49 PM
    On Android Marshmallow, I've seen a "Voicemail" icon in the Phone app. Before I had VVM accessible via it, but at some point it disappeared...
    08-30-16 03:06 PM
    BlackBerry would need to add the specific apps to the hub.
    08-30-16 04:38 PM
    In BB10 we had visual voicemail right in the Hub. If you received a voicemail, you didn't have to call a number to retrieve it, you just pressed play in the notification in the Hub and you could hear your voice mail. I don't see this in the Hub on the Priv. Why is that, and is there a way to get it?

It's carrier controlled! Is your account provisioned correctly!?

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    08-31-16 12:38 PM