AtT drops
    TMobile drops
    Done
    & at such a young age...
    At least the passport made it a year or so...
    The only hanger on at BlackBerry is JC...
    Why?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-07-16 07:09 AM
    Because

Posted via Overheating Z10
    06-07-16 07:22 AM
    Revenues.... hardware might be a division with no future, but that doesn't mean you throw in the towel of $100's of millions in revenues.
    06-07-16 07:22 AM
    Mismanagement doesn't shine, other customers without Hardware available to them will melt away...
    06-07-16 07:35 AM
    As long as BB keeps making Android devices with physical keyboards and hardware specs that aren't entirely garbage, like the scant few other physical keyboard Android devices that still exist, then I'll keep buying their devices. I'll never give up the physical keyboard. Just because many people have been convinced that inferior virtual keyboards are acceptable, doesn't mean they are better.
    06-07-16 09:24 AM
    BlackBerry should revision the Priv and fix the hardware issues. Release it as 2016 edition or something and offer it for 499. That should help. And yes, make the keyboard bigger (taller) please. And use metal frets.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry should revision the Priv and fix the hardware issues. Release it as 2016 edition or something and offer it for 499. That should help. And yes, make the keyboard bigger (taller) please. And use metal frets.

Posted via CB10
    Might as well ask BlackBerry give you money directly.

They have to be able to make money off this product, otherwise it becomes charity.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-07-16 09:45 AM
    As long as BB keeps making Android devices with physical keyboards and hardware specs that aren't entirely garbage, like the scant few other physical keyboard Android devices that still exist, then I'll keep buying their devices. I'll never give up the physical keyboard. Just because many people have been convinced that inferior virtual keyboards are acceptable, doesn't mean they are better.
    Scratch BlackBerry and replace it with any manufacturer would be my statement.
    artemis-kun and anon(9742832) like this.
    06-07-16 11:26 AM
    People have to realize that mobile security isn't a perfect science, and until it is, those who want it will have to accept some sacrifice in the way of speed, and fluidity in a mobile device. I think all things considered, BlackBerry has done a bang up job of trying to get a good balance. I think that anyone who wants a fast, and fluid smartphone, and is not concerned about mobile data security, or physical keyboards, should strongly consider a device other than a BlackBerry.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    Notna Nosyel likes this.
    06-07-16 11:38 AM
    Hmm that's why they build this overheating phone with bad hardware. I sell mine in August. When the Samsung Note 7 Is out. What a piece of junk is this phone
    06-07-16 03:14 PM
    Unfortunately, heating consumes battery. The priv is not a source of pride for a company attempting to sell confidence in security most of which they purchased ...other than the label BlackBerry (now more of a handicap), and some acquisitions of security from other perhaps capable entities, and unpopular hardware, what exactly does BlackBerry actually do or make ??
    anon(9742832) and soulbat25 like this.
    06-07-16 03:28 PM
    So many dramatic replies! So far the PRIV has been a great phone for me. I haven't had any issues with heat or lagging performance. Battery is working well too.

I haven't loaded a lot of applications on it and maybe that's help keep it running well. Who knows.

Just my opinion.

06-07-16 10:44 PM
    My Priv does occasionally get pretty warm, but overall this has been the smoothest operating Android device I've ever used, and I don't even have MM yet.
    garpt, Macjr68, Lotster and 1 others like this.
    06-07-16 10:58 PM
    My Priv does occasionally get pretty warm, but overall this has been the smoothest operating Android device I've ever used, and I don't even have MM yet.
    Exactly my experience except I have MM. I am loving this device now that I got a "good" one from a QA standpoint. I own a 6S+ as well and the priv is the more fun device by far. I've become so used to the pkb that I barely remember the far superior pkb on the pp that I used to have.

This device could have really gone viral if BlackBerry bothered to educate the carriers and end users as to its unique advantages over the competition. Unfortunately Chen doesn't seem to know how to sell hardware. The initial price was beyond ridiculous and essentially sealed the fate of our little priv from day one. The fact that shopbb in canada still sells it for 900 proves how clueless the company is.

Macjr68 likes this.
    06-07-16 11:27 PM
    This device could have really gone viral if BlackBerry bothered to educate the carriers and end users as to its unique advantages over the competition.
    No, it would not have "gone viral." Its only "unique advantage" was its keyboard, and the market as a whole already rejected hardware keyboards on phones years ago.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, Wrec and yohannrjm like this.
    06-08-16 07:33 AM
    While I hope your experience is the norm, there does seem to be a pretty high percentage of problems.
    Based on post here and Android Central (even the initial reviews were three reviewer got duds for testing), along with the report from the AT&T rep about returns - I think BlackBerry did have a Quality Control issue or issues. For some issues they were very apparent on day one, for others they have developed over time.

Sometimes cost cutting can go too far...
    Wrec likes this.
    06-08-16 07:44 AM
    <snip>Sometimes cost cutting can go too far...
    Selling cheaply made, poorly equipped, inadequately tested phones promoted as "premium" & priced high... this is not a business model taught at the Harvard MBA program...
    06-08-16 07:57 AM
    Price Price Price

No one outside of die hard loyalists will pay more than $600 for a phone. That includes apple, samsung, and blackberry.

Price it at $400/$450 and this thing will do well. I bought mine for 350$ used and I absolutely love the thing.

The higher the price, the more expectations there are. At 700$ I expect this thing to cook me dinner, massage my back, and walk my dog. /sarc
    FF22, david7saad and mzceetee like this.
    06-08-16 07:58 AM
    Selling cheaply made, poorly equipped, inadequately tested phones promoted as "premium" & priced high... this is not a business model taught at the Harvard MBA program...
    I bet BlackBerry is used in a few business schools as an example.....
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    06-08-16 08:35 AM
    Releasing a flagship into a market wanting good mid-range phones?
    Pricing said phone above established competitors?
    Naming the device apparently by pulling random letters out of a hat?
    Using paying customers as beta testers?
    Holding the launch event at Noon at the Waterloo Tim Horton's?
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-16 09:07 AM
    This device could have really gone viral if BlackBerry bothered to educate the carriers and end users as to its unique advantages over the competition.
    Fantasyland! Anything with a PKB is doomed. That's not an opinion. Users have moved on and they moved on years ago.
    06-08-16 09:31 AM
    Price Price Price

No one outside of die hard loyalists will pay more than $600 for a phone. That includes apple, samsung, and blackberry.

Price it at $400/$450 and this thing will do well. I bought mine for 350$ used and I absolutely love the thing.

The higher the price, the more expectations there are. At 700$ I expect this thing to cook me dinner, massage my back, and walk my dog. /sarc
    I guess when you have low expectations, satisfaction is easy to come by.
    http://www.cio.com/article/593372/Go...ongs_to_iPhone This was published back in 2010. 6 years ago
    Last edited by xtremeled; 06-08-16 at 10:34 AM.
    1raygin likes this.
    06-08-16 09:32 AM
    Fantasyland! Anything with a PKB is doomed. That's not an opinion. Users have moved on and they moved on years ago.
    It's not doomed by any means. There are a very large number of us that refuse to give in to nonsense about virtual keyboards being acceptable. They absolutely are not, and anyone thinking otherwise has either got themselves fooled, or are poor typists to begin with. That said, given the average typing skill of most users, it makes perfect sense that the infantilizing virtual keyboards have become as popular as they are... Why bother learning a skill properly, when you can get away with being poor at it and using technology as a crutch? Don't even get me started on spell checking...
    06-08-16 11:06 AM
    It's not doomed by any means. There are a very large number of us that refuse to give in to nonsense about virtual keyboards being acceptable. They absolutely are not, and anyone thinking otherwise has either got themselves fooled, or are poor typists to begin with. That said, given the average typing skill of most users, it makes perfect sense that the infantilizing virtual keyboards have become as popular as they are... Why bother learning a skill properly, when you can get away with being poor at it and using technology as a crutch? Don't even get me started on spell checking...
    That attitude is condescending, elitist, smug, false, and one of the reasons Blackberry is in the position it currently occupies.
    thurask, ubizmo and aha like this.
    06-08-16 11:40 AM
    That attitude is condescending, elitist, smug, false, and one of the reasons Blackberry is in the position it currently occupies.
    The correct term is "supercilious" and the poster child is JC who is the laughingstock of the industry.
    06-08-16 11:45 AM
121 123 ...