After reading this would you buy the Priv? Another Day, Another Billion Android Users at Risk | Mobile | TechNewsWorld.
    It makes me wonder if it's possible to feel safe and secure on an Android based phone even with BlackBerry Security? Any thoughts?

The Classic
    10-07-15 10:43 AM
    83% of the world seem prepared to accept the current security level of Android. As long as BlackBerry can make you feel a BIT safer than most of the Android competition it may be compelling. How much so? I don't pretend to know.

The bigger selling point will be the capacitive physical keyboard. Is there a big enough market for it? Enough to keep BlackBerry in the hardware business? We'll soon find out.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-07-15 10:46 AM
    True. I've been doing some research on Android and realize Google will send a security update whenever a breach is found. But if BlackBerry Security is as some have called a white-labeled version of other security apps available, is it enough or is this something more? Is this part of the agreement BlackBerry and Samsung have? The Priv and S6 Edge look similar. Is this BlackBerry's spin on that phone with Knox level security provided by BlackBerry?

The Classic
    10-07-15 11:03 AM
    Security will ultimately come down to how BlackBerry will handle Android updates. Hopefully it will be closer to Nexus, and not low end HTC level of support
    10-07-15 11:26 AM
    True. I've been doing some research on Android and realize Google will send a security update whenever a breach is found. But if BlackBerry Security is as some have called a white-labeled version of other security apps available, is it enough or is this something more? Is this part of the agreement BlackBerry and Samsung have? The Priv and S6 Edge look similar. Is this BlackBerry's spin on that phone with Knox level security provided by BlackBerry?

The Classic
    I thought John Chen said the Priv doesn't use Knox, but rather Google for Work instead. Plus their own additions, of course.
    10-07-15 11:56 AM
    It makes me wonder if it's possible to feel safe and secure on an Android based phone even with BlackBerry Security?
    Making people feel safer and more secure on Android with the Priv is one of the important marketing goals for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 02:48 PM