For we of the OG Passport crowd & curious Priv fence sitting ilk, will there be a 30day no questions asked return to BlackBerry direct purchasers? Also, have they moved on from digitalriver, or is that misery still their conduit?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 01:03 PM
    You will have to check where you are contemplating purchasing the device.. many vendors have different policies.... so let you fingers do the walking....
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-04-15 01:10 PM
    I mean from BlackBerry website...
    10-04-15 01:51 PM
    For we of the OG Passport crowd & curious Priv fence sitting ilk, will there be a 30day no questions asked return to BlackBerry direct purchasers? Also, have they moved on from digitalriver, or is that misery still their conduit?

Posted via CB10
    I sense you are not a risk taker, so perhaps a better strategy for you might be to wait until others have tested the waters before you step in?
    10-04-15 01:54 PM
    Buy it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...D02FD314AE6192

Make sure you return it, so I can buy it on Amazon Warehouse Deals.
    10-04-15 02:07 PM
    I sense you are not a risk taker, so perhaps a better strategy for you might be to wait until others have tested the waters before you step in?
    I bought the Passport right after release & within a week the price dropped $100 on BlackBerry website...after some back&forth I got a refund of that from BlackBerry... I didn't want to return it & buy another which is what they initially wanted me to do as I feared getting a lemon. I was right to insist on keeping my original as I have never had a hardware issue ever (i.e. double type, screen lift, light leak, etc.) with this sample. I want to know about the usual BlackBerry 30 day return policy for purchases on their website as I am uncertain as to the Priv form factor, balance, & functionality for my individual needs.

I still mistrust the build quality as well. Is there any data from more recent production runs if they finally used up the pot & bought some better glue? I would not expect good service from digitalriv if they are involved, but would get direct support from whoever is left at BlackBerry instead of the imps a ATT-USA & Proximus-BE, the cluelessness leaders of the earth.
    10-04-15 02:17 PM
    Are you the kid who would lick the cookie and then put it back on the plate? Seriously, why would you plan to do that?

Make an informed decision once you have all of the facts. If you are still on the fence, then just wait it out and see what the ones who are 'more brave' than you find about the device.

Also, the biggest thing to be skeptical of about this device is the software, which is almost guaranteed going to change for the better with time. I'm guessing that you didn't buy a Z10 the first day that it came out, otherwise you'd have likely said to hell with BB10 and ran off (think of the irony if it had been Android you went to then). Either have faith in BlackBerry and buy the device when it becomes available and enjoy being a pioneer along with the other early BlackBerry / Android hybrid adopters... Or don't. And wait it out.

But if you buy a device just planning to return it afterward, I WILL taunt you. I might even find out where you live and have an envelope of glitter shipped to your house.
    10-04-15 02:22 PM
    Are you the kid who would lick the cookie and then put it back on the plate? Seriously, why would you plan to do that?

Make an informed decision once you have all of the facts. If you are still on the fence, then just wait it out and see what the ones who are 'more brave' than you find about the device.

Also, the biggest thing to be skeptical of about this device is the software, which is almost guaranteed going to change for the better with time. I'm guessing that you didn't buy a Z10 the first day that it came out, otherwise you'd have likely said to hell with BB10 and ran off (think of the irony if it had been Android you went to then). Either have faith in BlackBerry and buy the device when it becomes available and enjoy being a pioneer along with the other early BlackBerry / Android hybrid adopters... Or don't. And wait it out.

But if you buy a device just planning to return it afterward, I WILL taunt you. I might even find out where you live and have an envelope of glitter shipped to your house.
    I like glitter. I don't live by faith. I always lick the cookies, even in the store.

If BlackBerry offers 30day return, it's to entice fence sitters to try without risk.

If it is returned, you can surely purchase the returned one proffered as new at full price from those digitalriver scamps.

Since I am not willing to drag all the way to Waterloo to hold a Priv in my hand, the trial period is the only other option unless JC wants to let me hold his when he shows up at my house to beat me up after all my insulting comments here.

I fear lack of uniformity & functionality of the Priv experience, glitchy BlackBerry wannabee implementation on android, & trouble with the hardware. I may wait for the round of discounts soon to follow the release since my passport works just fine...
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    10-04-15 02:36 PM
    Perhaps u want to make ur own brand of phone and let ur potential customers do that. The return policy is not meant for u to abuse it. It's meant for defect devices. If you are not willing to wait or take a risk of buying, why would BlackBerry let u "try"?

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and wincyUt like this.
    10-04-15 03:08 PM
    Perhaps u want to make ur own brand of phone and let ur potential customers do that. The return policy is not meant for u to abuse it. It's meant for defect devices. If you are not willing to wait or take a risk of buying, why would BlackBerry let u "try"?

Posted via CB10
    I beg to differ. The return policy on purchase of my passport a year ago was "no questions asked" & the warranty was for defective devices extending one year (two years in the EU & some other places, by law).

I will consider trying it if I am able to return it at my discretion. I will not commit to such an expense without recourse.

I believe the BlackBerry Store still has this policy.

ShopBlackBerry Online Store - Returns and Cancellations
    10-04-15 03:31 PM
    I like glitter. I don't live by faith. I always lick the cookies, even in the store.

If BlackBerry offers 30day return, it's to entice fence sitters to try without risk.

If it is returned, you can surely purchase the returned one proffered as new at full price from those digitalriver scamps.

Since I am not willing to drag all the way to Waterloo to hold a Priv in my hand, the trial period is the only other option unless JC wants to let me hold his when he shows up at my house to beat me up after all my insulting comments here.

I fear lack of uniformity & functionality of the Priv experience, glitchy BlackBerry wannabee implementation on android, & trouble with the hardware. I may wait for the round of discounts soon to follow the release since my passport works just fine...
    Well that's one way to get me to leave the Chips Ahoy on the shelf.

Crackberry: Weight Watchers for nerds!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 05:44 PM
    The price didn't drop on the passport within a week I'm not sure what you are talking about. It's price was first lowered this June...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 06:03 PM
    Nope... I bought it in September a week later the $599 was offered on BlackBerry website... I got a $100 refund to my credit card from them directly after many phone calls. I initially put the passport in my shopping cart & then got cold feet. They came at me with free overnight shipping. I pulled the chain. Three weeks later, the thing showed up. A week later, the discount appears. I was shocked, and I let them know for sure; they were nice & made it right. The $100 (US) came back promptly. They sent me a free passport hard case to appease my long wait. This is fact.
    Last edited by patapoof; 10-04-15 at 06:41 PM.
    10-04-15 06:29 PM
    Well that's one way to get me to leave the Chips Ahoy on the shelf.

Crackberry: Weight Watchers for nerds!

Posted via CB10
    LOL (fr: MDR)... I am an equal opportunity licker, mallomars, sugar wafers, oreos (or hydrox), lemon wafers, lorna doones, social teas, lady fingers (mmmm), whatever & wherever I can get away with it... in the US, in the EU, & occasionally in Canada (yes!!)...
    10-04-15 06:51 PM
    Nope... I bought it in September a week later the $599 was offered on BlackBerry website... I got a $100 refund to my credit card from them directly after many phone calls. I initially put the passport in my shopping cart & then got cold feet. They came at me with free overnight shipping. I pulled the chain. Three weeks later, the thing showed up. A week later, the discount appears. I was shocked, and I let them know for sure; they were nice & made it right. The $100 (US) came back promptly. They sent me a free passport hard case to appease my long wait. This is fact.
    ?! Passport was always 600 in the us... let me guess, you are one of those who bought the secret vip edition...

"The upcoming BlackBerry Passport will cost $599 without a contract in the US, according to what BlackBerry CEO John Chen told The Wall Street Journal in a interview published today."

Source: http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-p...hout-subsidies

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 07:04 PM
    Whether or not the OP is mistaken, I hope BB do not offer a 30 day NQA refund policy. This loss to the company is inevitably borne by those who are able to make their minds up in a more conventional manner. I certainly would not want to purchase a recycled unit, believing it to be new.
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-04-15 08:24 PM
    3rd world problems sometimes bothers me... some people really. XD

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 09:14 PM
    ?! Passport was always 600 in the us... let me guess, you are one of those who bought the secret vip edition...

"The upcoming BlackBerry Passport will cost $599 without a contract in the US, according to what BlackBerry CEO John Chen told The Wall Street Journal in a interview published today."

Source: http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-p...hout-subsidies

Posted via CB10
    OP was one of the lucky ones that took advantage of the SHOPBBSAVE15 coupon. Which actually gave closer to 20% off site wide. I don't think it was supposed to work on the Passport (especially so soon after its release) but Digital River honored it.

I have to graciously say that I was also one of those lucky ones. However, as a result, I did end up waiting for about 3 or 4 weeks with the stock on backorder.
    10-04-15 09:52 PM
    OP was one of the lucky ones that took advantage of the SHOPBBSAVE15 coupon. Which actually gave closer to 20% off site wide. I don't think it was supposed to work on the Passport (especially so soon after its release) but Digital River honored it.

I have to graciously say that I was also one of those lucky ones. However, as a result, I did end up waiting for about 3 or 4 weeks with the stock on backorder.
    so he claims bull**** due to an accident by digitalriver. mmmmmmmkay. the passport was probably the first bb10 phone that didnt get a price drop for a veeery long time, and its still $500...
    10-04-15 10:18 PM
    Being an early adopter of any technology puts you in the beta tester drivers seat.... without any perks.

Being a BlackBerry early adopter.... let just say like is too short for me to do that a 4th time.
    bbnrs likes this.
    10-05-15 08:46 AM
    A few minutes hands-on on a demo in a store should be good enough to help you make up your mind.
    10-05-15 09:32 AM
    A few minutes hands-on on a demo in a store should be good enough to help you make up your mind.
    Yup, with many carriers expected to carry it, that should allow the OP to play with it in the store before paying for it.
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-05-15 01:10 PM
    I have never seen a BlackBerry device displayed anywhere. I hav not been everywhere , I certainly don't wanna drag all over creation to hunt down a phone nobody wants... I will take the NQA 30day n risk return or shop elsewhere...
    10-05-15 05:11 PM
    I have never seen a BlackBerry device displayed anywhere. I hav not been everywhere , I certainly don't wanna drag all over creation to hunt down a phone nobody wants... I will take the NQA 30day n risk return or shop elsewhere...
    Maybe you're in the US, but almost every Telus store I've been to has the Passport and Classic on display and functional, with the Passport being replaced by the Leap lately.
    10-05-15 05:17 PM
    Whilst I do believe you are a troll, were you real, you'd be an excellent reason why BB should not contemplate such a policy again. On the other hand, if you are genuine, suspect you'd be wise to start looking at the alternatives...
    chw6922 and bbnrs like this.
    10-05-15 05:56 PM
29 12