I have a PRIV and one day in May it suddenly got stuck on a small screen at the top of the screen and would not let me get to the normal home screen (It appears as though it is a smaller screen meant to be seen through the window of a carrying case). It resolved when I rebooted the phone by holding down the power button until it restarted. For the last week it has been getting stuck on that screen again intermittently. It resolves if I slide open the keyboard but goes back to the small screen once I close the physical keyboard. When it is on that screen I can't use the touch screen for anything except answering or ending a call. Does anyone know how to make it stop doing that?
    09-16-16 02:31 PM
    I have a PRIV and one day in May it suddenly got stuck on a small screen at the top of the screen and would not let me get to the normal home screen (It appears as though it is a smaller screen meant to be seen through the window of a carrying case). It resolved when I rebooted the phone by holding down the power button until it restarted. For the last week it has been getting stuck on that screen again intermittently. It resolves if I slide open the keyboard but goes back to the small screen once I close the physical keyboard. When it is on that screen I can't use the touch screen for anything except answering or ending a call. Does anyone know how to make it stop doing that?
    Sorry, I had tried replying earlier but somehow my reply wound up in another thread!!!

That is the screen shown by the BB Window Flip Case. It is triggered by a magnet in the case activating it.

It should not show up unless activated.

If one of the following boot methods does not fix it, you might want to call BB Support

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

Edit / Delete
    09-17-16 12:08 AM
    @F2 you're getting old ! 😁
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-16 12:49 AM
    You might want to try BB Virtual Expert, can't remember if there is test for the magnetic sensors, but I'm thinking there is, should be.
    If you have a bad sensor that would explain it, it thinks there is a case on it with a cutout. No idea how the PKB interacts.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rry.bbve&hl=en
    09-17-16 06:50 AM
    @F2 you're getting old ! ��
    I am not getting old. I am OLD!

Wezard: I'm not sure if there's a magnet sensor test. That would require folks dragging magnets over the screen and around the back. Now, I do do that with a strong small SMOOTH magnet to find the sensor locations.
    09-17-16 09:40 AM
    I've had an issue like this occur one time. I use a blackberry branded hardshell case. Inside on the interior of the case I have a big metal plate (not magnetized). In my car I have a mag mount windshield holder so all I have to do is "stick" the phone case, with phone in case, to the magnet and it stays. It's a very unobtrusive means to me to hold the phone in the car.

Anyway I had to perform preliminary testing as if I placed it in center, the magnet would automatically make the phone perform as you describe.

So in essence as everyone else said, only a mag or mag interference is going to trip that circuit. If it's doing it on its own, that amounts to sorcery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-16 10:51 AM
    So in essence as everyone else said, only a mag or mag interference is going to trip that circuit. If it's doing it on its own, that amounts to sorcery.
    I've seen many a mag switch go bad, including random intermittently.

Wezard: I'm not sure if there's a magnet sensor test.
    As I said I'm not sure either, was thinking that it did give the status, haven't played with it in a while. It just went on the charger, and I'm about ready to hit the sack, or I'd check. If nobody has chimed in with an absolute yes/no by morning, I will check
    09-17-16 09:17 PM
    The Sleep sensor is located about equal to the Volume Down button and about 1/2 inch inward from that edge.

When that small screen is active, you can potentially scroll upward IF there are any notifications. You can scroll through them.

Is it possible something got stuck behind the screen that could be triggering it when extended?
    09-18-16 12:23 AM
    There is no mag sensor test in Virtual Expert, what I saw was Magnetometer, and it only reads present, or whatever, if it isn't present.
    Even if there was some sort of test or reading for the 2 case mag switches, prob wouldn't do much good if you were stuck in window screen.
    09-18-16 04:12 PM
    I guess the OP can grab some magnet and when it "freezes" on that 'window screen' they can slide a magnet to the sweet spot and then move it away and see if that frees it up. I've got one of those small disk magnets which is strong and smooth and attracted to a paperclip. I just can move it towards the screen in that spot and it will display that window briefly then go dark. When removed, the screen comes back fully.
    09-18-16 08:38 PM