Hi all,

So I've had my Priv for about 10 months and in general I have been pretty happy with it. Sure it lags sometimes but it was a great way to transition to Android for me. About a month ago however my battery started dying. It would burn 30% by the time I got to work in the morning and then would start doing things like going from 60% battery to shutting itself off. The only way back in would be to plug it into a charger and hold down and one button for 15 seconds and manually continue the boot. I was limping along like that for the past month realizing I should really get it returned while still under warrantee when the other day I had a crash where Blackberry Services and I think Google Services stopped working. The message came up to that effect and I could discard or send error report. I tried both options but it was stuck in a loop with those messages coming back up. So I did a manually shut down on it. Since then I can't get it to boot back to my phone desktop. It starts, asks me my password, then starts android services. However the Square, Circle, Triangle just keeps going indefinitely. Have tried a dozen times and even left it going for a couple hours once and it just won't boot past it. I am going to get it repaired under warrantee looks like. Anyone have any idea how to get it to fully boot? I would love to clean off anything in my internal memory before they wipe it but I'll survive if that's no longer possible.

Thanks in advance.
    10-27-16 11:03 AM
    Hi all,

So I've had my Priv for about 10 months and in general I have been pretty happy with it. Sure it lags sometimes but it was a great way to transition to Android for me. About a month ago however my battery started dying. It would burn 30% by the time I got to work in the morning and then would start doing things like going from 60% battery to shutting itself off. The only way back in would be to plug it into a charger and hold down and one button for 15 seconds and manually continue the boot. I was limping along like that for the past month realizing I should really get it returned while still under warrantee when the other day I had a crash where Blackberry Services and I think Google Services stopped working. The message came up to that effect and I could discard or send error report. I tried both options but it was stuck in a loop with those messages coming back up. So I did a manually shut down on it. Since then I can't get it to boot back to my phone desktop. It starts, asks me my password, then starts android services. However the Square, Circle, Triangle just keeps going indefinitely. Have tried a dozen times and even left it going for a couple hours once and it just won't boot past it. I am going to get it repaired under warrantee looks like. Anyone have any idea how to get it to fully boot? I would love to clean off anything in my internal memory before they wipe it but I'll survive if that's no longer possible.

Thanks in advance.
    There are a few different boot sequences. So give them a try if you haven't. You can also try an Autoloader but that will wipe data - although I gather there is a way to edit the Autoloader package and avoid the wipe. The Safe Mode might be one to try. Good luck.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    10-27-16 12:05 PM
    I did try all methods. Safe mode I had high hopes for. I got to where it said safe mode and asked for my PIN. Entered it and then it went into the Circle Square Triangle pattern and never gets out. I have a loaner phone now so it looks like I'm shipping it back for repair. Unfortunately had some good stuff on the internal memory but there is no real way to get it off I have found. Anyone have any ideas to access internal data when it hasn't fully booted?
    10-28-16 05:30 PM
    I just needed this info. #2 worked for me. Thanks for posting!
    10-07-18 11:23 AM