Has anybody posted anything regarding the speakers? I see blackberry have boasted the Priv features"extraordinary sound", but what I'm more interested in is how they're set up. Do we have a stereo set up much like the Z30 so that with we can enjoy a spacious stereo sound when using the phone in landscape or do we have a distinctly non stereo sounding double speaker bottom of the bezel affair? Anybody sourced any information on this?

Personally I should just be patient as all this will be revealed come launch but being interested in potentially upgrading my Z30 and preordering this device I wanted to know if that information was already out there. I just can't find any...

Many thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 07:31 AM
    It will be impressive. Trust.
    10-29-15 07:40 AM
    I hope it's better than the q10 or classic. I now I'll miss my htc m9's speakers.
    10-29-15 07:42 AM
    Brahs there is a days old thread with the same discussion here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1044902

Not to mention the many times this was discussed within threads.

The search function is your friend.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 07:47 AM
    Seriously, I don't think the speaker is a very significant factor that determines if a phone is well sold. Get your self a 50 bucks portable speaker, way much better than ANY build-in ones inside phones.
    10-29-15 07:51 AM
    Seriously, I don't think the speaker is a very significant factor that determines if a phone is well sold. Get your self a 50 bucks portable speaker, way much better than ANY build-in ones inside phones.
    No way, if your phone has a kick *** speaker, why bother carrying a second device.

The passport is loud and if the Priv is louder, it will be impressive

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 08:00 AM
    It matters quite a bit when you're in the bar and want to watch a Youtube clip with your friends.

Several times I've had a friend with one of the Galaxy models try to show me something and I can't hear the damn thing, so I whip out the Passport and, with the bottom speakers placing the phone against the table, it "fires" the sound right at you and is plenty loud to hear clearly.

With the front-firing speaker bar the Priv should be even better -- and yeah, that matters to the average person who consumes multimedia clips on their mobile device (that's a lot of people!)
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    10-29-15 08:05 AM
    Perhaps we will be able to read a few tear-down reports in a couple of weeks . . . even Wall Street Journal used to carry tear-down reports of legacy OS devices before Apple and Google started to dominate the world of mobile devices.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...33751932669646

Priv Speakers.-ob-jp251_torchc_g_20100816224845.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 08:08 AM
    I use my phone when biking. So having a good loud sound is nice for that. Hopefully I can find a bike mount that fits the priv with a case. My current one just barely fits the m9 with its case.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    10-29-15 08:08 AM
    Have you ever heard the Z30 speakers???

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    10-29-15 08:22 AM
    Well from a business minded phone company the speakers should be pretty good. Using the phone's speakerphone should sound good and be loud enough for a group of people to use as in a conference call. It does matter if it doesn't work well.
    10-29-15 09:57 AM
    No way, if your phone has a kick *** speaker, why bother carrying a second device.

The passport is loud and if the Priv is louder, it will be impressive

Posted via CB10
    louder and better are very VERY different things.
    10-29-15 09:59 AM
    It matters quite a bit when you're in the bar and want to watch a Youtube clip with your friends.

Several times I've had a friend with one of the Galaxy models try to show me something and I can't hear the damn thing, so I whip out the Passport and, with the bottom speakers placing the phone against the table, it "fires" the sound right at you and is plenty loud to hear clearly.

With the front-firing speaker bar the Priv should be even better -- and yeah, that matters to the average person who consumes multimedia clips on their mobile device (that's a lot of people!)
    Now samsung moved the speaker to the bottom, but like in the S5, where they had the speaker at the back, what a terrible decision... Not only it was firing the oposite direction, the quality was poor AF.
    10-29-15 10:00 AM
    louder and better are very VERY different things.
    When I'm biking I would rather louder, so I can actually hear the music or nav directions.
    10-29-15 10:04 AM
    Having owned the htc one m7,m8 and z30 the z30 is definitely the loudest but not the clearest sounding; M8 has great quality speakers. That being said I would trade sound quality for loudness but of course I'd rather have both.
    10-29-15 10:22 AM
    Have you ever heard the Z30 speakers???

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    I have a Z30. Nice sound for videos but music still sucks.
    10-29-15 10:25 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Any information on if there is a top bezel speaker present at all? I absolutely love my Z30 in landscape mode. It sounds natural having evenly distributed stereo between 2 distantly placed speakers. How does the passport sound with the speakers being entirely on the bottom? Can you even distinguish stereo and isn't it lopsided in landscape mode (not that the passport has a landscape mode really). If the passport is a good with stereo then I'm confident the Priv will be too, then.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 01:23 PM
    This was posted on Reddit today from someone with a Priv in hand:

[�]bbprivthrowaway[S] [score hidden] an hour ago
    Audio is great and very underrated (similar to how I feel about the Passport speakers). I can't get any pictures outside, but I've been playing with the camera inside and it is a huge improvement. It's an 18MP sensor and in the camera app there is an exposure dial and filter settings for you to control. I tested video and it seemed to produce very good non shaky video as well. I know you didn't as this, but I don't see a slo-mo function the camera app if anybody was wondering.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...l_be/?sort=new
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-29-15 02:24 PM