I have a Blackberry Priv that has a speakerphone microphone that doesn't work. I have only tried it recently (purchase a month or so ago) and the phone works fine but I am not heard when I speak. If I plug in a headset with mic, it's fine. When I call myself through another phone to try the speakerphone and I speak, I hear an echo so the microphone is picking something up. Muting the microphone disables that echo. It also does NOT work in Safe Mode so it must not be another app doing something weird.

Here's the interesting part. I tried the Blackberry Virtual Expert and when I try to test the "Second mic audio", it has a brief pop-up that states "Volume is temporarily increased for this test". The second mic test then works fine.

Is there somewhere that I can increase the volume for the second mic? I think that's the problem and I would prefer not to send back the phone as it is almost new.

Any help is much appreciated.
    10-26-16 07:06 AM
    I have a Blackberry Priv that has a speakerphone microphone that doesn't work. I have only tried it recently (purchase a month or so ago) and the phone works fine but I am not heard when I speak. If I plug in a headset with mic, it's fine. When I call myself through another phone to try the speakerphone and I speak, I hear an echo so the microphone is picking something up. Muting the microphone disables that echo. It also does NOT work in Safe Mode so it must not be another app doing something weird.

Here's the interesting part. I tried the Blackberry Virtual Expert and when I try to test the "Second mic audio", it has a brief pop-up that states "Volume is temporarily increased for this test". The second mic test then works fine.

Is there somewhere that I can increase the volume for the second mic? I think that's the problem and I would prefer not to send back the phone as it is almost new.

Any help is much appreciated.
    If you download blackberry virtual expert you can test the microphone to see if it works. I'd try that first to see if it's working.
    10-26-16 07:39 AM
    If you download blackberry virtual expert you can test the microphone to see if it works. I'd try that first to see if it's working.
    I tried that already as noted in my original post. Here is what I wrote:

I appreciate any help.
    10-26-16 07:44 AM
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...d/td-p/3182356

https://m.reddit.com/r/blackberry/co...ophone_issues/

From what I've researched it may not be fixable.
    You should read these threads though as a replacement may be used as a last resort.
    Hope I could help.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 07:45 AM
    You might contact BB

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067
    0800-141-3330 (UK)
    10-26-16 11:33 AM