I think I may have broken my Priv's speaker I went to answer it straight after washing my hands. I stupidly didn't dry them before swiping right to answer. Unfortunately as I did that some water dripped off my hand into the middle of the speaker grill. About half an hour or so later one, I got a notification which made it sound like my phone was underwater. Lo and behold, I realised it was my ***** fault. I took action as soon as I realised and drowned it in rice and have done so for about a day now (apart from the time I took it out to get my SIM out). When do I take it out to check? Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 07:01 PM
    A can of compressed air for cleaning computer keyboards should help dry the speaker grill.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    07-25-16 07:36 PM
    You could also place it in front of a fan or air conditioner to get rid of any residual moisture.
    07-25-16 10:08 PM
    Create a custom vibrate notification if all else fails....then you'll have some sound in the event the speaker is bust.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-26-16 01:57 AM
    Create a custom vibrate notification if all else fails....then you'll have some sound in the event the speaker is bust.

If it's bust I'll just have to accept it and pay for a speaker replacement, I just hope it's not expensive. That's what I get for not insuring it

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 07:53 AM
    You could also place it in front of a fan or air conditioner to get rid of any residual moisture.
    I've read that heat and direct air should be avoided to prevent the moisture from getting deeper into it and to prevent vapour from being created inside.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 07:55 AM
    A can of compressed air for cleaning computer keyboards should help dry the speaker grill.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Hm might give that a go, it'll move something surely.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 07:55 AM
    I've read that heat and direct air should be avoided to prevent the moisture from getting deeper into it and to prevent vapour from being created inside.

Posted via CB10
    The idea is to have air moving across and around the device to encourage evaporation. Air conditioned air is quite dry and can draw out moisture.

My example: I and my camera fell into a creek. The case was filled with water. When I opened the battery/card compartment water poured out. The lens and view screen were totally fogged. As we drove a few hours to our destination, I hung the camera in front of the air conditioner vents, rotating it regularly. At our destination I set it in the hot sun for another two hours. Finally decided to give it a go. Worked fine and continued to do so for another year or so.

Good luck.
    07-26-16 08:40 AM
    Thanks for that It seems it wasn't my stupidity in the end! I got it out of the rice and it still sounded weird. I left it out for a bit and tested again and it sounded fine. I then tested it on a speaker via Google Cast and something weird happened - the audio turned weird on the speaker, it sounded muffled just like it did on the phone! I've got a bad feeling it's something internal - the fact I answered it with wet hands had nothing to do with it!

07-26-16 09:27 AM
    Where does one buy parts for a Priv?. Need to replace earpiece and battery
    08-30-17 08:17 PM