I just got my first Blackberry, and love it! Except two problems. 1. They physical keyboard is terrible compared to my OLD stratosphere II
    2. It takes FOREVER to charge.

It takes anywhere from 3 to 8 hours to fully charge from low battery.
    Charging the phone while playing a game on it, at times DIScharges the phone (percentage actually goes down, while its plugged in).

This is not a typical charge time is it?
    Has anyone had this issue or is it a known issue?
    Fix?
    I have updated to android 6.0.1
    12-04-16 09:12 PM
    I just got my first Blackberry, and love it! Except two problems. 1. They physical keyboard is terrible compared to my OLD stratosphere II

Charging the phone while playing a game on it, at times DIScharges the phone (percentage actually goes down, while its plugged in).

Fix?
    You might want to invest in a Quick Charge 2 type of charger. Or, at least, once that provides much more power. I tend to use the charger that came with my Playbook. The QC 2 tends to put out much more power when the device is really depleted and slows the charge at it gets higher. My layman's understanding!

Welcome to Crackberry.
    12-04-16 09:35 PM

Fix?
    Didn't you try the keyboard before purchasing it?
    12-04-16 09:45 PM

Fix?
    Get yourself the charger for the PlayBook.
    12-04-16 09:46 PM
    @FF22
    Thankyou for the welcome! I do have a portable battery that has a 2 Amp output slot, and my MSI also has a "super charger" slot that I assume is just a 2 amp USB slot.... Those 2 amp connections help, but it still takes hours and hours!

@andy957
    The stores in my small town did not have them in-store. Also, its basically the only android with a qwerty. Anyways I love the phone, despite a downgrade on the keyboard....
    charger for the playbook? Is that any different than a typical fast charge 2 Amp output?
    12-04-16 10:43 PM
    Thankyou for the welcome! I do have a portable battery that has a 2 Amp output slot, and my MSI also has a "super charger" slot that I assume is just a 2 amp USB slot.... Those 2 amp connections help, but it still takes hours and hours!
    You can get Quick Charge 2.0 cubes really cheap right now on amazon or ebay. Try one of those. If it doesn't improve things, you probably have a bad battery
    Last edited by zinkiewicz; 12-04-16 at 11:00 PM.
    bluesqueen23 and shawha_haha like this.
    12-04-16 10:49 PM
    Even using my charger from my Q10, the most mine takes to charge (from dead) is 4 hours. But like the others say, an investment in a quick charger is not a bad idea. I do recommend you look for something OEM, however. But maybe I'm just paranoid.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and shawha_haha like this.
    12-04-16 11:53 PM
    It takes less than 1:30 h on a QC charger. I have this one and it's definitely worth a 12 USD investment.

[Qualcomm Certified] BlitzWolf QC2.0+2.4A 30W Dual USB EU Charger Adapter With Power3S Tech | BlitzWolf.com
    (this one is for EU power sockets so be sure to check that depending on where you live)
    12-05-16 07:50 AM
    It takes less than 1:30 h on a QC charger. I have this one and it's definitely worth a 12 USD investment.

[Qualcomm Certified] BlitzWolf QC2.0+2.4A 30W Dual USB EU Charger Adapter With Power3S Tech | BlitzWolf.com
    (this one is for EU power sockets so be sure to check that depending on where you live)
    Have you found that you can still use chargers that supply less juice after using the Quick Charger?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 07:52 AM
    Have you found that you can still use chargers that supply less juice after using the Quick Charger?
    The phone knows what it's plugged into, it will give the fastest charge possible with what it has to work with. A possible exception would be a knock off quick charger, make sure it's Qualcom cerified if buying a QC.
    Also make sure you are using a good cable, just as important as the actual charger, the elcheapos have under sized wires, and especially if long, will not charge properly no matter how big a charger it's plugged into.
    Would you try and power your house with a 100 ft, $19.99extension cord from Kmart?
    Personally, I use wireless charging. It does take 4 to 6 hours, but I drop it on the charger before I go to bed, so I don't care.
    FF22, shawha_haha and NightFire like this.
    12-05-16 08:07 AM
    I think your all pretty much right, according to the "ampere" app, both my supposed 2A usb ports are only putting out 500mA up to 1A barely better than the wireless charger!
    12-05-16 01:57 PM
    If it's an app, it is trying to measure what the phone is actually using, not what the ports are capable of. And if the battery is at or above 80% the charge rate drops off drastically. See what it says when the battery is down below 20%.
    12-05-16 02:10 PM
    If it's an app, it is trying to measure what the phone is actually using, not what the ports are capable of. And if the battery is at or above 80% the charge rate drops off drastically. See what it says when the battery is down below 20%.
    I have been charging it now, from about 75% to about 90% that app is claiming around 1A charge rate using a USB port on my pc and a good quality cable.
    I will let it drop in percentage real low before charging again and see if it gives a different measurement using the same port and cord.....
    FF22 likes this.
    12-07-16 09:41 PM
    Any idea what the PC port is rated at? Most of them are quite low, standards only require 500ma from a USB2, and 950ma from USB3. If the port has a lighting symbol next to it, it's a dedicated charging port and may allow quite a bit more current, and is supposed to contine to supply power when PC is in sleep, or hibernate mode.
    12-08-16 01:52 PM
    It does have a lightning type symbol, and it does charge while PC is in sleep mode. It is definitely the 1 USB port out of 4 that is intended for charging on the computer...

I now tested it charging from 13% to 30% and it is about the same rate as before but at times stays steady at 1250 mA

Sounds like that is a typical charge rate?
    12-08-16 05:26 PM
    I honestly have no idea what typical is. But all modern top tier phones will charge at a much higher rate when low, and taper off as they reach full.
    I'd bet money 1250 is about max on the port. Course the Priv may not be able to use much more than that, they don't tell us this sort of thing.
    If you really want a quick charge, buy a QC2 charger, they are less than $20 US, just make sure it's QualCom certified.
    shawha_haha likes this.
    12-09-16 06:59 AM