Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Priv SIM Unlock Code provided by AT&T doesn't work??

I've been struggling to get Priv by AT&T to be unlocked. This is my 2nd replacement from AT&T warranty department that can't be unlocked even though the unlock code was provided by AT&T, by calling and waiting 24-48 hours to get the code.

When I insert other carrier SIM card, it asked for unlock code. I entered more than 1 time, exactly as it is shown, it says "SIM Network unlock request unsuccessful". Tried calling blackberry direct..and they said they no longer provide support for Priv.

This is so frustrating. Anyone ever run into similar issues? What's the alternative? I know after multiple failed attempts, the phone will be MEP locked, which I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akusnowo View Post
    I've been struggling to get Priv by AT&T to be unlocked. This is my 2nd replacement from AT&T warranty department that can't be unlocked even though the unlock code was provided by AT&T, by calling and waiting 24-48 hours to get the code.

When I insert other carrier SIM card, it asked for unlock code. I entered more than 1 time, exactly as it is shown, it says "SIM Network unlock request unsuccessful". Tried calling blackberry direct..and they said they no longer provide support for Priv.

This is so frustrating. Anyone ever run into similar issues? What's the alternative? I know after multiple failed attempts, the phone will be MEP locked, which I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks
    I am appalled that BB arbitrarily ended their complimentary support. I just started a new thread about this issue.

If AT&T can't unlock the phone and you are entitled to such unlocking, demand a refund and purchase unlocked directly from ShopBB. Although, now that BB has suspended their support - what else about them is suspect!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

So they sent me to the corporate store which I knew they can't do anything...but went ahead comply with their request. Sure enough...im here..they can't do anything.

Called CS back..they said the code is working just fine on their end..but entering that darn code just doesn't work on the phone.

I wonder if att refurbished phones are permanently blocked to their network???
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Well....now is MEP locked. 3rd refurbished phone will be send...

Amazing!! What's up with all refurbished phones?

If anyone had luck unlocking refurbished phone before successfully...let me know.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Going through this myself. First device was unlocked, after a few faulty replacement just got this one unlocked. Was given code by At&t and it says unsuccessful. Waiting on AT&t to finish their research and see if there's another code. Otherwise I was told they would just send me another one and try again. Not very hopeful.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Well...the third refurb Priv arrived, entered the new unlock code supplied by AT&T..."SIM NETWORK UNLOCK REQUEST UNSUCCESFUL". Transferred to Blackberry....and blackberry said they can't do anything either because they're not the one who put the lock.

This is just beyond me...what's up Blackberry????
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts

Well...the third refurb Priv arrived, entered the new unlock code supplied by AT&T..."SIM NETWORK UNLOCK REQUEST UNSUCCESFUL". Transferred to Blackberry....and blackberry said they can't do anything either because they're not the one who put the lock.

This is just beyond me...what's up Blackberry????
    Why BlackBerry? They're correct in telling you they didn't lock it. AT&T locked it to AT&T network. What does it have to do with BlackBerry? What are they supposed to do? They didn't sell you the phone?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Finley69 View Post
    Why BlackBerry? They're correct in telling you they didn't lock it. AT&T locked it to AT&T network. What does it have to do with BlackBerry? What are they supposed to do? They didn't sell you the phone?
    That is correct they didn't sell the phone or provide the phone to me...but at the end,....it's blackberry phone. Shouldn't they have all the codes or at least help getting AT&T square away with this?

I'm posting here to see if there are anyone out there who has the same frustrating experience and how they go about resolving this matter.

I'm still blackberry fan...using Dtek60, passport, priv, z10, you name it....
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts

That is correct they didn't sell the phone or provide the phone to me...but at the end,....it's blackberry phone. Shouldn't they have all the codes or at least help getting AT&T square away with this?

I'm posting here to see if there are anyone out there who has the same frustrating experience and how they go about resolving this matter.

I'm still blackberry fan...using Dtek60, passport, priv, z10, you name it....
    That's great, however, BlackBerry is not part of this problem. It's like complaining to your insurance company about problems with your automobile.

AT&T could not care less about BlackBerry...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Update: I was sent an email by ATT stating the Priv is no longer supported and there is no unlock code avaliable for my device. ATT warranty is now sending me another device so I can repeat the same process with a different Imei.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by G7Seven View Post
    Update: I was sent an email by ATT stating the Priv is no longer supported and there is no unlock code avaliable for my device. ATT warranty is now sending me another device so I can repeat the same process with a different Imei.
    Yeah...I'm not sure I don't understand what they're trying to do. They're locking their Privs and sending people the certified refurbished which in turn they themself can't unlock or support. Let me know how it goes with you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

I went thru the same experience months ago. It was so terrible that I just threw my hands up. I refuse to by a phone from at&t ever again. The worst part of experience is uninformed reps that think they know more about BlackBerry and the thieves they work for than us.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I had a similar experience. ATT Priv that the unlock code first worked on. Used it on T-Mobile then sent it overseas to someone. Once it was there the phone was relocked and would no longer accept the unlock code that had already worked once. Weird problem.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by G7Seven View Post
    Any update on your attempt getting your priv unlocked by AT&T??