So I got a notification for a software update (guessing its a July or August security update) for my Priv a couple of days ago. I clicked "update", and my oh so wonderful Priv began the updating and restarting of the phone process.

As the phone was restarting, or probably updating during the phone restarting phase, all of a sudden I just see a dead looking little android guy with a red "X" popping out of its little belly with the dreaded words "error" below it. I then press the power button once and the phone turns off immediately. At this point i'm freaking out and thinking my phone just bricked. Press the power button again and it turned back on after about 1 minute

So I go to "System Updates" immediately to see if I might be able to try the update again. All I see are two options,"Check for Updates" and "Continue Update", which were both greyed out... . So I thought i'd just wait a couple of days and maybe the options won't be greyed out anymore. Checked again this morning and both options are still greyed out...

Has anyone ever had this problem with an update? If so, were you able to find out a way to get the update going again?
    08-28-16 11:52 AM
    Yes it has happened before. The below steps should fix it.

1) Open*Settings*>*Apps*>*All (click the over flow dots in top right and ensure system apps are showing as well)
    2) Locate*Google Services Framework
    3) Click*Clear*Cache,*Clear Data,*then*Force Stop*
    4) Restart your device then check for the update again

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-28-16 01:11 PM
    Just tried those steps but still no dice... Both options are still grayed out
    08-29-16 08:29 PM
    Might have to try a wipe or autoloader maybe.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-29-16 08:35 PM
    Just tried those steps but still no dice... Both options are still grayed out
    Do it again it will working had the same situation and it gave me the update notification again!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    08-30-16 09:07 AM
    Do it again it will working had the same situation and it gave me the update notification again!
    Just tried it twice back to back. Still no update option available
    08-30-16 05:43 PM
    Thought I'd check again today, and what do you know? Was able to update! Thanks for all the troubleshooting!
    08-31-16 08:38 PM