You are correct, that is what Samsung does with KNOX.
    Isn't that what Samsung does with Knox sandboxing or no?
    Same with Android for Work available for all Android devices.
    jm1219 likes this.
    02-10-16 03:18 PM
    Same with Android for Work available for all Android devices.
    But is it the same level of "security"... if so, what is the purpose in KNOX?

Chen clearly said that the PRIV was less than both BlackPhone and maybe even KNOX... And there really is no sign that BlackBerry is promoting the PRIV to customers with major security concerns. Right now the PRIV is about Privacy. In the future the PRIV (PRIV on BES/GOOD) may become a leading enterprise security device....
    02-11-16 07:23 AM
    But is it the same level of "security"... if so, what is the purpose in KNOX?

Chen clearly said that the PRIV was less than both BlackPhone and maybe even KNOX... And there really is no sign that BlackBerry is promoting the PRIV to customers with major security concerns. Right now the PRIV is about Privacy. In the future the PRIV (PRIV on BES/GOOD) may become a leading enterprise security device....
    Knox is more hardened than the standard Android for Work, but both are container solutions (which is the part I was pointing out).

BES/Good supports both Knox and Android for Work - providing additional features and improvements.

As to which one (blackphone, knox, Priv) is more secure today, tomorrow, or next month, I can't answer.

Chen's actual quote was here:

"Walt Mossberg: Are you willing to say you have the most secure Android phone?

Chen: We're probably the same level as Samsung's Knox. The only other commercial phone that can SAY they have the same or better than us is MAYBE the BlackPhone."
    Last edited by conite; 02-11-16 at 09:15 AM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-11-16 07:48 AM
    Every device is secure if not connected to the Internet.
    02-11-16 02:51 PM
    I understand. But to add:

I give my private information out all the time to institutions or vendors I choose to work with - those that benefit me (where there is quid pro quo). Weather it be a financial institution, or a health care provider, or a travel agent, etc. I see Google in that same light.

Taking my data when I have expressly denied permission, and/or grabbing it for illegal purposes or in order to hurt me, is a giant leap in my eyes. This is my version of privacy.

I'm not about to live off the grid.
    You do because they force you to. I am sure we could deal with the bank without having to give them personal data if encryption were the standard and there were willingness for people's information to be secure. But when the head of US security would rather be hacked by the Russians, the terrorists and the Chinese than have the Internet secure and not data mine and surveill all of us, what hope is there?
    Been there done that!

In the end incompetence rules and will unravel any security state and even Google. Even Google cannot figure out that I am not Indonesian when I use an Indonesian sim card. They are that stupid and incompetent.
    That's our only hope..
    Last edited by sorinv; 02-11-16 at 09:24 PM.
    02-11-16 07:16 PM
    You do because they force you to.
    As much as I "force" them to provide me with services.
    Last edited by conite; 02-11-16 at 08:20 PM.
    02-11-16 07:39 PM
    As much as I "force" them to provide me with services.
    It's all BS. They can provide you with all the services you need for the fees they charge you. No need for any private information.
    When I log into my bank account from my phone they do not check anything, just my password. It could be anyone using my phone.
    They don't need to know my mother's maiden name, or my dog's name, or what I had for breakfast. The password is all they use and they don't know from me what other banks I deal with and what other bank accounts or credit cards I have. They know that info from their network of banks.
    Sure, if my account gets hacked, (never happened in 30 years of being on computers and internet) then they should start checking and that's the only time they do it. Every other time they just monitor the locations and computers you log from. They don't need anything else.
    02-11-16 09:41 PM
32 12