Has there been an issue with Priv Display panels? I have a brand new copy that has vertical streaks all across it, looks very dirty.

Further, my screen looks much dimmer and dingier than my Passport OG screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 10:12 PM
    Has there been an issue with Priv Display panels? I have a brand new copy that has vertical streaks all across it, looks very dirty.

Further, my screen looks much dimmer and dingier than my Passport OG screen.

Posted via CB10
    I am not aware of complaints about the screens looking dirty or streaked. You have taken off the factory sheet that protects the screen in transit?

Are you running any new apps? Have you tried a complete reboot?

Not a perfect example but here's my week old Priv screen (with the factory protector still on it) taken with my old Priv. It is pretty darn bright and very clear.

Priv Screen Streaks-img_20161021_2159347.jpg

The left overlay is a sidebar app to provide quick access to apps.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    10-22-16 12:03 AM
    It only appears well on uniform backgrounds. it's really easy to see when sliding between home pages, or moving the background. It's a fixed set of streaky lines, looks like burn-in to me. Probably couldn't photograph it, but maybe I'll try.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 08:42 AM
    It only appears well on uniform backgrounds. it's really easy to see when sliding between home pages, or moving the background. It's a fixed set of streaky lines, looks like burn-in to me. Probably couldn't photograph it, but maybe I'll try.

Posted via CB10
    Run BB Virtual Expert - it has screen tests that fill the entire screen with fixed colors.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-22-16 09:18 AM
    Yeah mine looks quite dirty. It's cause of the AMOLED screen. I onl notice it when there's a lot of uniform light colours on the screen so I ignore it.
    10-23-16 06:54 AM
    Yeah mine looks quite dirty. It's cause of the AMOLED screen. I onl notice it when there's a lot of uniform light colours on the screen so I ignore it.
    Yeah, I guess that's just standard? It looks great with other backgrounds or photos, however.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 10:46 PM
    Yeah, I guess that's just standard? It looks great with other backgrounds or photos, however.

Posted via CB10
    Depends. It's the standard on my priv and previous Nokia that used AMOLED screens but I have not seen it on my Samsung s6 till date and I've had that for almost 2 years. I guess Samsung does make the best displays.
    10-25-16 12:55 AM