Has anyone experienced screen rotate issues? I have auto - rotate set but when in the browser or playing videos it will not rotate to landscape mode. Games will force the screen to landscape.

I have power cycled with the rotate option. Toggled with no results.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-01-16 10:04 AM
    Games that want you to play them in landscape are going to overrule any rules you have set against it. That just sounds logical. As for your browser and video issues, I have never experienced them.
    01-01-16 10:21 PM
    This has happened to me once or twice.. a reboot resolved it. I filed a bug report.. will follow up when I'm back in the office.
    I also fired up some sensor test apps, and they were not showing any gyro / accelerometer activity, so that points to a lack of data coming from the sensors.
    01-01-16 10:42 PM
    If you go to settings>accessibility there is an auto rotate tab. I checked that and haven't had those issues since. Hope it works for you.

01-03-16 06:46 AM
    I am having the same issue. I have rebooted the device a few times but that has not helped either. I downloaded a gyro and a mangnato app to check the hardware. They seem to be working fine. the SW update says that I have the latest version.

Anyone has a resolution for this?
    02-09-16 02:17 PM
    I am having the same issue. I have rebooted the device a few times but that has not helped either. I downloaded a gyro and a mangnato app to check the hardware. They seem to be working fine. the SW update says that I have the latest version.
    you've checked that auto-rotate is enabled in your quick settings?
    02-09-16 04:49 PM
    Done all of the basic checks and power cycled a few times too. No results

02-10-16 01:27 PM
    I'd contact official support channels then. If the sensors are funcitoning ok when you use a test app, but the screen-orientation doesn't change when you rotate the device, and are sure auto-rotate is enabled, then it sounds like something odd is up.
    02-10-16 02:52 PM
    I LOVE the Blackberry presence on this forum...we are getting timely answers from credible sources. I really hope this continues! Kudos to the reps that do this on their own time!
    smcv likes this.
    02-10-16 02:57 PM
    My priv has the same problem, screen rotate doesn't work. Tried all settings and reboots, not success. Any news on this issues? Thx

02-18-16 02:36 PM
    So, my Priv started doing this today. It seems to have happened after the March update. I've done all of the usual, check unchecked rotate in display and accessibility, and also the quick setting menus. I've also rebooted several times and did a hard reset. When I did the hard reset, it seemed to go through the update process again. Optimizing all of my apps. The problem still exists and I use this feature quite a bit, reading documents etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Enjoying the Priv
    03-24-16 12:40 PM
    Has anyone experienced screen rotate issues?
    My problem is that after I change the setting to Auto Rotate, it resets itself to Portrait after I power cycle the phone (oddly, most of the time but not every time).

Definitely a bug. Settings should be sticky through power downs.

I'm still on the February update, so this wasn't caused by the March update as suggested above.
    04-01-16 05:05 PM
    My problem is that after I change the setting to Auto Rotate, it resets itself to Portrait after I power cycle the phone (oddly, most of the time but not every time).

Definitely a bug. Settings should be sticky through power downs.

I'm still on the February update, so this wasn't caused by the March update as suggested above.
    I'm having the same issue. Has this been resolved for you?
    11-14-16 09:25 AM
    This just started happening to me today as well. Reboots don't help.
    12-11-16 01:48 PM