I am hoping someone can help me, in the middle of the night my Priv screen started to act strange. I usually have the screen saver/ bedside clock on while it is sitting in the cradle at night and it woke me up because the screen was super, super bright! I restarted the phone, tried a hard reboot ( hold the power button for 30+ seconds) adjusted the screen brightness and colour settings, played with the advanced interactions and nothing seems to work.

See the picture, it has a very bright yellow / green hue and seems to flicker depending on what is on the screen.

Does anyone have any ideas??
    Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Priv screen issue-31897.jpg  
    thanhtb3 likes this.
    04-23-17 02:46 PM
    That sounds like hardware. But I could be wrong.

[email protected]

[email protected]
    04-23-17 03:29 PM
    Hello make sure you have both Adaptive brightness and also Daydream both off. Lower the brightness to a comfortable level. Then run the BlackBerry virtual test app in particular test sensors. Good luck
    04-23-17 04:18 PM
    Also at the end of all above do another 32 second reboot.
    04-23-17 04:19 PM
    OK so I did everything suggested, even did the latest update and still having issues. Actually it's worse as there is a lot of flickering going on now at the top of the screen

And burning thru battery like crazy as the screen is as bright as a small sun. I guess I'm on the Priv# 3 now
    04-24-17 11:06 AM
    How often do you slide up for the PKB... I am just wondering if your ribbon connector has frayed or dislocated... sounds like hardware to me too. I suppose you could totally drain the battery so that it's completely off and then restart.
    04-24-17 11:37 AM
    Very rarely do I ever use the keyboard to be honest, although I used the slider two or three times this weekend.

Seems like a hardware issue to me too but in was hoping for something easy
    04-24-17 11:42 AM
    Hello st this point seems hardware related. I would contact @blackberryhelp and see what they can for you.
    Have attached other BlackBerry support areas

Priv screen issue-img_20170408_173340.png

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    04-25-17 10:59 AM
    Thank you for the suggestions!
    I took the phone in to a local repair shop to get his opinion and he says the way the screen is acting is in line with the phone being dropped. I don't recall dropping it recently but who knows, maybe it got bumped while I was at work.

He said it would be 300$ to replace the screen. Ouch
    04-25-17 12:35 PM
    Hello try also getting solution from BlackBerry support. With them had good service in fixing my Passport SE.
    Good luck

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    04-25-17 02:22 PM
    Thank you for the suggestions!
    I took the phone in to a local repair shop to get his opinion and he says the way the screen is acting is in line with the phone being dropped. I don't recall dropping it recently but who knows, maybe it got bumped while I was at work.

He said it would be 300$ to replace the screen. Ouch
    For 300 it better come with a new imei number
    04-25-17 03:00 PM
    So a happy update to this situation....
    As my screen had been getting worse and worse with washed out colour and constant flickering I had resigned myself to the fact I would have to get a replacement put on my phone today

Just for kicks I messed with the brightness setting and bam! Good as new!

Apparently my phone is self repairing! I just hope it lasts lol
    FF22 likes this.
    04-27-17 01:56 PM
    As my screen had been getting worse and worse with washed out colour and constant flickering I had resigned myself to the fact I would have to get a replacement put on my phone today

Definitely monitor the situation. Unless it was a setting, hardware might be intermittent.
    04-27-17 03:27 PM
    Good to hear ..so far so good. make sure you keep adaptive brightness disabled. See how it goes.
    04-27-17 04:26 PM

Nice.
    04-28-17 04:09 AM
    Turn off the adaptive brightness setting then adjust the screen brightness to the minimum or until the flickering stops
    10-10-17 12:25 PM
    Hello make sure you have both Adaptive brightness and also Daydream both off. Lower the brightness to a comfortable level. Then run the BlackBerry virtual test app in particular test sensors. Good luck
    This worked for me
    10-10-17 12:27 PM
    This worked for me
    Awesome! Thanks for feedback
    10-10-17 12:54 PM
    I was watching a youtube video on my priv and suddenly the screen turned yellowish. Turned it off and on, did a hard reboot, without much success Once the startup screen was normal but it lasted like 1 second or so. Sometimes is grayish. Did the bright adjustment and ran the virtual expert app.

I'm leaving it off all night long... (all nite...) Hope tomorrow will have better luck. I do use the keyborad sometimes, but, I'm always carefull, and I admit, I dropped the cell twice bit it s cased, and doesn't have a scratch.

I'm kind of like praying... I really like my priv.
    07-29-18 12:29 AM