Also, how did you guys replace? Did you call the Shop BB number or the Priv help line? How was the return process? I'm scared it will take ages to get a new one.
    11-11-15 12:49 PM
    I beat my priv with a hammer and it broke the hammer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Priv
    vanrickman likes this.
    11-11-15 12:50 PM
    Called Shop BB and went for option 3 tech support, then the option for BB Powered by Android. Got an agent (North American) who couldn't be nicer. They're sending me a new one, and I send back the old one when I get it. No time without a phone!

But it's on backorder, and they don't know when it will ship...
    11-11-15 12:58 PM
    Called Shop BB and went for option 3 tech support, then the option for BB Powered by Android. Got an agent (North American) who couldn't be nicer. They're sending me a new one, and I send back the old one when I get it. No time without a phone!

But it's on backorder, and they don't know when it will ship...
    And if you get the replacement before I get the pre-order...

I hope mine doesn't come with this problem. I hope mine is a unit that this issue has been fixed on.
    kertong likes this.
    11-11-15 01:00 PM
    Alright everyone.. Myself and a friend had the same issue and we were able to resolve it.

I think it may have something to do with the device getting off track a bit and it causes the lower (in my case left) area of the screen to lift a bit and click while typing.

*WARNING: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR MESS UP*

^This being said, I don't think you can really mess it up unless your go all Hulk on it.

Fixing the issue is simple. Hold the bottom of the device firmly and slightly flex the top of the device towards the opposite side of the clicking. So in my case I held the bottom of the device firm and I lightly flexed the device to the right. The device is still straight with no bends and it doesn't click anymore.

Please reply with your experiences to see if this helps or not.

-mrfreeze
    Any chance you can show a video of the fix? I can't seem to make it work although I have the same issue.
    kertong and WT44 like this.
    11-11-15 01:30 PM
    Alright everyone.. Myself and a friend had the same issue and we were able to resolve it.

I think it may have something to do with the device getting off track a bit and it causes the lower (in my case left) area of the screen to lift a bit and click while typing.

^This being said, I don't think you can really mess it up unless your go all Hulk on it.

Fixing the issue is simple. Hold the bottom of the device firmly and slightly flex the top of the device towards the opposite side of the clicking. So in my case I held the bottom of the device firm and I lightly flexed the device to the right. The device is still straight with no bends and it doesn't click anymore.

-mrfreeze
    This worked to get rid of the "click" of the bottom left part of the screen but there still remains some play on the entire left side (if I press on the screen it goes down like 1mm).

One note of caution, first attempt I may have over did the twisting on top and the sliding mechanism got really gritty. I had to bend it back a little. Makes me a bit concerned over long term reliability/durability of the sliding mechanism.

Heh, is this the version 2.0 of Passport's "twistgate"?
    Last edited by kneebite; 11-13-15 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Edit for clarity.
    11-13-15 03:36 PM
    Heh, is this the version 2.0 of Passport's "twistgate"?
    Haha, reminds me more of the palm pre's oreo-gate
    11-13-15 03:40 PM
    I can't seem to fix mine, it is only clicking one one side. Could someone please post a video? Or could someone post better instructions? I'm not entirely sure I'm doing this right. Should the screen be slid out while doing this? Do I push on the screen or only the body?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 04:47 PM
    I think a video recording of what the person did to resolve this would be helpful to lots of members
    kertong and jope28 like this.
    11-13-15 05:37 PM
    I have the same problem. Mexico 6 device BTW.. Left side screen clicks. I tried reading your instructions but it makes no difference. I can't make the screen move. Holding it down and pushing seems impossible to do?
    11-13-15 05:55 PM
    I just got mine today and was horrified to learn it had this issue. Thankfully the twisting fix worked for me! Unfortunately the left of the body (the bit where the lock button resides) makes a noise and gets squished inside every time I put any pressure on it.

Finally did anyone have any issues with the software being laggy when they first used it? I'm hoping it's laggy just because it's box fresh and will wear in over time.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 06:57 PM
    I can't seem to fix mine, it is only clicking one one side. Could someone please post a video? Or could someone post better instructions? I'm not entirely sure I'm doing this right. Should the screen be slid out while doing this? Do I push on the screen or only the body?

A video would greatly help. I dont have a priv yet, but if I have this issue, I would want a video.
    WT44 likes this.
    11-13-15 07:08 PM
    I think I have a similar issue, new user signed up because I was interested in the Priv and liked the idea of returning to a PKB I traded my Lumia 1520 in towards it.

I don't really get any audible clicks (unless I squeeze it with more force) although my unit on the bottom right when the screen is down I am able to squeeze/press and it has a bit of "play"/pushes downwards a bit and on my left side it is completely firm when I squeeze/press on the left side of the screen/phone along the bottom edge it is solid.

I can try and get a video up soon if it is visible I purchased mine through AT&T and would be curious if this would be acceptable to ask for a replacement.

*WILL A MOD LET ME BYPASS 10 POST LIMIT TO SHOW ISSUE, I CAN'T POST LINKS!

Thanks,
    Mark

Some prob here
    11-17-15 07:36 PM

-mrfreeze
    I works!! Thank you so much!
    11-17-15 07:38 PM
    This is really poor for BlackBerry hardware standards mine clicks also and when the slider is open the bottom can move side to side with a slight push.

Does anyone else's screen move side to side when opened from the bottom

11-18-15 02:07 PM
    Brand new priv user here.

Tbh, the fact that my slider mechanism is ALREADY doing this is a bit concerning.

I had a passport, and that thing had screen lift, but I was able to permanently fix that with some crazy glue.

I hope it was just misaligned out of the factory and now it's set forever. I heard a rather loud snap when I pulled the top right of the screen towards me to fix the bottom left.

Only time will tell I suppose. God I love this phone.

11-19-15 01:57 AM
    Agreed Mr Freeze please upload video how to fix the screen clicking, with word description is not enough not many people understand
    11-19-15 02:02 AM
    Tried the fix and it worked to some extent: the click is gone but there is still some play on the bottom left.

I have a second Priv bought from Amazon and it does NOT have any play to the bottom.

I do not really want to go through the hassle to configure another Priv but I think I am going to exchange this. It is really annoying and I paid full price for it.. I want the phone fully functional...

11-19-15 04:55 AM
    With the number of people disappointed with their Priv's build I've decided to give up on mine. Full return. Really annoyed!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 05:47 AM
    With the number of people disappointed with their Priv's build I've decided to give up on mine. Full return. Really annoyed!

Posted via CB10
    Uh? What? You are returning your Priv because other people decided to exchange theirs??

Never said I am disappointed with my Priv, I am planning to keep it for long time (probably more than any other BB10 I owned) and I want to be sure to have a perfect hardware.

This device rocks!

11-19-15 06:13 AM
    My priv screen on the left side clicks when i touch the screen and there is a noticeable gap when the phone slides up. On the right side nothing that i just mentioned any one else having this problem ?

No issue there.. It is version 2.0 of BlackBerry SurePress technology!

Got the problem as well.. I am going to exchange

11-19-15 06:26 AM
    No issue there.. It is version 2.0 of BlackBerry SurePress technology!

Got the problem as well.. I am going to exchange

An exchange probably won't do you any good in the long run.

The fact is that this phone is very thin and has some flex to it. It is very easy to induce the click. At the same time, it is very easy to fix it.

I had one that didn't click originally but made it click by flexing it gently. It was fixed in the same way.

Here is what I do:

1. Open the keyboard;
    2. Hold the phone so that your thumb is placed under but parallel to the screen (along the top of the physical keyboard);
    3. Place your index finger under the back of the phone under the speakers;
    4. Place your other hand under the phone by the camera lens;
    4. Apply GENTLE pressure to the base of the phone (not to the screen) with your thumb and index finger. You're flexing the base of the phone by the top of the physical keyboard.
    5. Close the phone and test for clicks. If there are still clicks repeat with just a little bit more pressure. Test again for clicks. Repeat as necessary.

If you wreck your phone doing this, it's on you. Why would you listen to someone on the Internet telling you to bend your phone? Don't cry to me if it doesn't work for you.

Last edited by lawguyman; 11-19-15 at 08:04 AM.
    11-19-15 07:51 AM
    Good to know.
    11-19-15 08:37 AM
    My priv screen on the left side clicks when i touch the screen and there is a noticeable gap when the phone slides up. On the right side nothing that i just mentioned any one else having this problem ?

It's the BlackBerry Storm 2.0 limited revival edition.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-19-15 08:47 AM

After returning my first Priv for the side coming loose from the frame, my second Priv has this problem you speak of. Left side of the screen moves slightly when pressed and kinda clicks. It's bothersome. And the sides are still and can see them doing the very same thing that my first one did and I can see this second phone ending up in the same place as my first one. Back at AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 09:58 AM
60 123