Hi all

My Priv runs very slow intermittently.. Then sometimes comes up with a warning saying UI not responding. Any ideas????

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-28-16 04:10 AM
    😢 😢 😢

08-28-16 04:23 AM
    Did you install any new apps recently?

KupCakes
    08-28-16 04:32 AM
    Did you install any new apps recently?

KupCakes
    Hi

Nothing out of the ordinary to be honest
    ...nothing that isn't on Google Play..

08-28-16 04:44 AM
    "Nothing out of the ordinary" doesn't really mean much Have you recently updated the software of your phone?

Have you tried simply restarting it? Are all apps up to date, especially system apps?

Install System Panel Lite and check your running processes to see what is using the resources of your phone.
    If you don't see much there, you can also install Cool Tool which can show you an overlay with the most resource-intensive process. You might find the culprit that way.
    Acchaladka likes this.
    08-28-16 05:28 AM
    "Nothing out of the ordinary" doesn't really mean much Have you recently updated the software of your phone?

Have you tried simply restarting it? Are all apps up to date, especially system apps?

Install System Panel Lite and check your running processes to see what is using the resources of your phone.
    If you don't see much there, you can also install Cool Tool which can show you an overlay with the most resource-intensive process. You might find the culprit that way.
    Thanks mate, I'll give your suggestions a try

08-28-16 05:37 AM
    I wiped my phone a few weeks ago and it has been running great!

08-28-16 06:28 AM
    Tiny core puts 3 bars in your status bar for temperature cpu and memory usage very usful for monitoring whats going on.
    08-28-16 07:55 AM
    I personally wouldn't download any app to test, optimize, clean up, etc. They all are a bunch of junk. I would just wipe the device.

08-28-16 08:19 AM
    I personally wouldn't download any app to test, optimize, clean up, etc. They all are a bunch of junk. I would just wipe the device.

The apps that I linked aren't meant to test, clean, optimize or anything else. They are only meant to show consumption of system resources, just like Task Manager and Resource Monitor in Windows. There is absolutely no harm in using them.
    TheNoseybonk likes this.
    08-28-16 08:38 AM
    Run the autoloader. It will wipe but your phone will feel new again.
    08-28-16 08:45 AM
    I second the wipe.

Sometimes it's just good for your phone to get a refresh.
    I don't know how long you have had your phone, but for example, I have had my PRIV since launch. I did a reset last week, and boy is this thing lightening fast again. Feels like day 1 all over. Battery life has been better lately too.

That's almost ten months of data and such being built up in the phone. So a reset is good just to flush it out and start fresh.
    08-28-16 08:56 AM
    I always see wiping as a last resort if there are some unexplainable issues, bugs etc. with no other solution. Some people allegedly experienced problems after larger system updates and recommend wiping, but I never do that either and never had any issues. Same with PCs and OS reinstallation. I had Windows 7 upgraded to 8, then 8.1, 10 and now 10 AU without reinstalling.

Of course it's somewhat faster after wiping, but if the reason for the original slowdown was the fact that you have every IM, news, weather, forum and godknowswhat app in existence installed and constantly syncing and doing weird things in the background, it'll be just as slow and low on battery life once you install all that junk again.

If it is already bloated beyond repair, full of leftover junk etc. then absolutely, wipe it. But if you carefully choose what you put on your device it can work its whole lifetime with no wiping or cleaning whatsoever. Maybe an occasional app cache wipe, again, if an app is poorly written and wasteful.
    Acchaladka and andy957 like this.
    08-29-16 01:47 AM
    Do the factory reset , works like a charm.

08-29-16 07:11 AM
    People today sure like wiping, on Android, iOS, Windows... One problem, one wipe...
    Don't you guys have a slight issue with the fact that after wiping you have to spend hours to set the whole device up, reinstall programs, tweak this and that...
    Wezard, FF22, mmcclure0453 and 1 others like this.
    08-30-16 02:03 AM
    People today sure like wiping, on Android, iOS, Windows... One problem, one wipe...
    Don't you guys have a slight issue with the fact that after wiping you have to spend hours to set the whole device up, reinstall programs, tweak this and that...
    I actually kind of like doing that stuff. I may be sick in the head though!

Mirko935 likes this.
    08-30-16 03:03 PM
    I actually kind of like doing that stuff. I may be sick in the head though!

Haha I can't blame you.

Setting up a device is half the fun! I will set up my in laws devices for them when they get one. They hate it and I enjoy it! Gives me a chance to play with a random gadget that I might not have.
    08-30-16 09:32 PM
    If a reboot doesn't work, factory reset. It's actually pretty painless. It remembers where your apps go on your homescreen.

Just have to log in but it's not too bad.

Regardless your launcher shouldn't do that and if you say there's no rogue app. I'd advise to factory reset.

08-30-16 09:56 PM
    Mith that didn't occur for me? Strange

From my Priv. AAG111
    08-30-16 10:05 PM
    I second, third or fourth the factory reset. That's basically my first resort. It isn't like the old days. It is relatively painless

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-30-16 11:23 PM
    I second, third or fourth the factory reset. That's basically my first resort. It isn't like the old days. It is relatively painless

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    Maybe it is, but it's still a waste of time. And if the problem was caused by a misbehaving app once you reinstall it you get the same problem.
    If you're just a bit cautious regarding what you do on your phone and especially what you install, there is no need to wipe it ever.

I use Android since 2011 or so and never wiped them except when I changed custom ROMs on my first phone. Even those custom ROMs could be updated with no issue (e.g. from version 1 to version 2 of the same ROM from the same developer). I used a ROM from one developer for more than a year with updates every couple of weeks, didn't wipe it once, and never had any issue.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-31-16 03:51 AM
    When doing a factory re-set, can you back up all apps, including contacts, texts etc... I have hesitated because when transferring from BB10 to PRIV, it limited what was transferred.

I have been unable to back-up on my computer as with the BB10.

Can I only back-up to the cloud and will that capture all?

Also, will it restore all apps or must I hunt to find some as when the PRIV switched to MM?
    Acchaladka likes this.
    08-31-16 01:29 PM
    So can someone who has done it actually confirm that if we select to backup everything on our phone and then do a factory reset the device will come back with all the apps and info placed in the same position as in prior to the reset?

FF22 likes this.
    08-31-16 03:12 PM
    So can someone who has done it actually confirm that if we select to backup everything on our phone and then do a factory reset the device will come back with all the apps and info placed in the same position as in prior to the reset?
    I.e. do that without backing up and re-installing the problem we were trying to clear up by going to factory-reset in the first place...I'd love it if we could do this. Please?

This techno-niggle and customer service is one area where iThing has it all over us BB-ians, honestly.
    08-31-16 09:08 PM

Like place on your home screen? No it doesn't happen that way. Take a screen shot of your screens if you really want the same set up.

08-31-16 11:31 PM
31 12