First and foremost, I love the Priv. That's where I stand.

Long time lurker and long time BlackBerry user. I switch my secondary phone more often than Kim Kardashian does boyfriends. However, the primary has always been a BlackBerry, dating back to the Glory Days. My line of thinking is that I get the productivity, security, superior OS, battery, and physical keyboard on my BlackBerry for my Business, the second phone, whether Android or iPhone is to fool around. Though I have had an Android phone the last two years, iPhone got too kiddie for me.

When I heard of the Frankenstein Goodness (as some may call it) of Android's App ecosystem with the Productivity Suite, Security and Physical Keyboard, I thought this was it. The moment my pants stop falling from carrying two phones on my belt. Picked it up on morning of November 6th at a local ATT Corporate Store, even though my pre-order from Shop BlackBerry is still underway.

I have really enjoyed the mushing of Android with BlackBerry, really a flavorful mix that makes you cringe a little at first, but the second bite becomes better, then third, and so forth.

My only complaint, and a big one, is battery. This phone does not get nearly the 20 advertised hours, in fact, my phone is doing approximately 8 hours of power use per day. When I say power use, is simply email, texts, and phone calls. That's it. The main culprit, judging by some monitoring apps I have installed is BlackBerry Services. The integration of BlackBerry Services with the Android OS is really draining my battery. Perhaps because I'm always going to the Hub to read and answer, which then opens the Messenger App, or Phone App, and that integration of to/from the Hub with Android OS is what's really doing me in.

Check out the attached screenshots.

All in all, I love the phone, and I can't find a single flaw in the five days I've used it, that can't be fixed with a software update.

Priv Review-ish, BlackBerry Services Gripe-screenshot_2015-11-10-10-36-49.jpg
    Priv Review-ish, BlackBerry Services Gripe-screenshot_2015-11-10-10-36-27.jpg
    11-10-15 04:53 PM
    I disabled blackberry services and hub. Solved my heat and battery issues. I'm sure they'll come up with a fix soon. Like you said, simple software update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 04:58 PM
    Strange my BB Servcies uses 1%
    Screen uses 11%
    Android OS uses 4%
    What is system UI?
    Does DU do something extra for you that the internal Settings/Bat doesn't do?
    11-10-15 05:01 PM
    I'm afraid so. That app DU Battery Saver was the better rated I found. They don't show screen use, which is odd.
    11-10-15 05:08 PM
    One odd thing about the battery usage in settings... The numbers don't add up, I'm at 75% battery but I'm only adding up 15% of usage by what it lists.

11-10-15 07:56 PM
    Exactly, the better gauge is a third party app to see the battery details. Like the one above.
    11-10-15 08:09 PM
    Maybe I'm glad Verizon hasn't released this phone yet. I'm getting one, and maybe by then, all you good folk will have solved all the issues.
    11-10-15 08:13 PM
    Question. Did you have Universal Search setup? I wonder if thats the culprit in bad early battery life reports. It would make sense and indexing for Universal Search would take a battery hit and be reflected in Blackberry Services.
    11-10-15 08:18 PM
    I actually uninstalled that Du Battery saver app, cause I honestly think it was draining my battery. I had no clue what it was doing when "fixing" battery issues either. Some people have been telling me just to let android manage the open apps, and not to "clear all" that often because it will actually drain more battery opening/closing the apps frequently.

11-10-15 08:27 PM
    Did you do a software update? Go check in the actual App in google play

11-10-15 09:24 PM
    All apps have been updated. Including the BlackBerry ones that were said to come up when the phone starts. Not true, you have to look for them individually in the Play Store and install them.

All have been updated.
    11-10-15 11:14 PM