As the topic states, my Priv restarts randomly when I wake phone to password screen. The rate of random reboots have been increasing from once every other day to 2 to 3 times daily. I've had to switch back to my classic as my daily driver cause the restarts are frustrating.

Anyone else have the same problem? And have you found a solution? Please help.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 12:54 PM
    Got my priv first week of January. Not one random reboot ever. Good luck to you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    Last edited by Centerman66; 02-24-16 at 08:50 PM.
    02-24-16 08:11 PM
    No issues here all good for me

blackradiant
    02-24-16 08:38 PM
    Good for you both, but your responses are useless to me...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-26-16 05:51 PM
    Good for you both, but your responses are useless to me...

Lol welcome to the "dare not say a bad word about the Priv" hour on CB.

Have you tried resetting and running no apps in case there's a misbehaving app causing it, or turning off the password to see if that resolves the issue? Just to try and troubleshoot the basics?
    Marcjcd likes this.
    02-26-16 05:56 PM
    Trying to show you that it isn't a platform wide problem. Doesn't fix your issue, but the information is not useless. Your attitude will not inspire people to spend time to help you. Good luck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    02-26-16 06:01 PM
    Lol welcome to the "dare not say a bad word about the Priv" hour on CB.

Have you tried resetting and running no apps in case there's a misbehaving app causing it, or turning off the password to see if that resolves the issue? Just to try and troubleshoot the basics?
    Thanks reeneebob, but I've tried a factory reset. And still the same problem. I will try resetting without the apps to find out which works.

reeneebob likes this.
    02-26-16 06:20 PM
    I've had this problem too. Mine also locks at random times while I'm using it (screen goes black and I have to unlock it again) in addition to randomly rebooting. Called ATT warranty support, they had me clear the temp app cache (I think) and tried blaming it on a bunch of different apps. They said next thing to do is use it in safe mode and see if it happens and then a hard reset if it's still happening before replacement. Since using it in safe mode is of no use to me as I won't get any work done, I'm not sure how to proceed. Not when I expected from a $700+ phone

02-28-16 11:39 AM
    Hi, not sure to be of any help, I have recently purchased a Silver Passport four months ago. And same time two other Passports, my Passport does what your Priv is doing. Random Restarts, seems No One has an answer as yet. This issue seems to be on Z10's, your Priv and my Passport, yet my other two Passports one that is 16 months old, the other Silver PP purchase same time for a friend, his and my wife's PP fourteen months back Does Not Restart Randomly.. But mine does.. like your Priv. I have done Factory Reset, it came to me as a security wiped phone. My OS is 10.3.2.2836
    I will work hard on this issue, as soon as I can find some answers I will get back to you, if you find some, get back to me.. This issue seems to be Random with a few phones not to particular any model. Some have suggested it would be Sim issue, those that have obtained a new sim said it did not make any difference. All three Passports that I'm associated with have prior Sim's from other Blackberry's, that were Z10's.. Those Passports are not having the issue. Mine is. So I do not think it's a Sim issue. Since I did a Factory Reset, first day, seemed ok, then second day, while texting it Restarted. At same time after Restart I got a Hub message telling me I needed update Password for Gamebooster, which I do not know what or where Gamebooster comes from. Because I do not have games on my phone, nor do I play games. I do have Android apps and one app I have is Clean Master. I seems that once you put Android Apps some anyway your not able to totally clean them off. Even is you do a security wipe. I'm not sure if that part is accurate. But I'm very suspecious of the App issue. Over 25 years of having BB, I found many times Apps where the issues.
    Summary, I will keep working on this, I love my PP, and BB.. I refuse to give in. I may if not able to resolve have to purchase another PP. Etc. I will update you and all if I can put my finger on and resolve the issue.
    Enjoy your Priv
    Ric
    03-03-16 06:50 AM
    Hey bigs4 and ctgo.. any luck with finding the cause of your troubles?
    03-03-16 08:54 AM