I'm about to buy a PRIV and am ordering a case for it (a few to try) in advance so I'm prepared.

I've used the flagship BB phones forever and usually don't bother with any protective cases (I'm a business user). I just use a belt-clip holster.

I'm used to throwing the phone on the desk, flat, and typing or tapping away, but it seems this isn't going to be at all practical with the PRIV without it being in some sort of case because the rear camera lens protrudes and will cause it to rock, or at least be less than entirely stable, laying flat on the desk (well, the point is that it seems it can't lay perfectly flat).

It seems this means it requires a case of some sort so the lens is recessed, in order to use the phone laying on the desk.

Is this pretty much the situation, or am I missing something?

Thanks!
    Last edited by classact; 05-19-16 at 02:42 AM.
    05-19-16 02:31 AM
    Yup correct
    05-19-16 02:41 AM
    Yup correct
    Thanks.
    05-19-16 02:43 AM
    It seems this means it requires a case of some sort so the lens is recessed, in order to use the phone laying on the desk.

Another option alternate to the case is you could purchase (or make) a screen protector for the lens. This is the option I use - case free, with lens and screen protector and full body skin.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 04:41 AM
    Screen protector sounds like a good option either way.

I watched a video which tests scratch, burn, bend, etc..........The video demonstrates that the camera lense is not tempered glass. It is not as hard as the display screen and can scratch much easier.

PRIV Durability Test:
    05-19-16 06:54 AM
    Myself, I try to set it on things so that the camera bezel doesn't directly contact with a given surface. Not entirely practical in all cases, I know, but the bezel is so far up the back of the device that it works well even when it's hanging slightly off the edge of things. I find a mouse pad works really well in this regard.
    05-19-16 07:43 AM
    I'm about to buy a PRIV and am ordering a case for it (a few to try) in advance so I'm prepared.

I've used the flagship BB phones forever and usually don't bother with any protective cases (I'm a business user). I just use a belt-clip holster.

I'm used to throwing the phone on the desk, flat, and typing or tapping away, but it seems this isn't going to be at all practical with the PRIV without it being in some sort of case because the rear camera lens protrudes and will cause it to rock, or at least be less than entirely stable, laying flat on the desk (well, the point is that it seems it can't lay perfectly flat).

Thanks!
    If you want a belt clip, your only option is Seidio. Might as well get the case and holster. Case is nice, not much bulk, and phone will lay flat
    (Somebody else could have released a clip in the last week or two, but I'm not aware of it.)
    05-22-16 05:23 PM
    Yup correct
    I'm amazed how a moderator from a blackberry forum, that seems to own a priv is spreading misinformation.

NO, the lens (in this case is just protective glass wich has the lens behind it) does NOT touch the surface of a flat surface. only the metal bezel does.

As you can see in this picture, the glass isn't flush with the bezel, it's a bit recessed, so you won't scratch it against a flat surface.

I never had a case on my priv, I'm not particulary carefull where I let it be, and I have NO scratches in the glass, and amazingly, the metal bezel seems very hard because it looks like new too.
    05-22-16 06:45 PM
    If you're smart enough to buy a Priv, you'll find a solution.
    RCM78 likes this.
    05-22-16 07:07 PM
    If you're smart enough to buy a Priv, you'll find a solution.
    Best answer ever.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-22-16 07:24 PM
    I'm amazed how a moderator from a blackberry forum, that seems to own a priv is spreading misinformation.

NO, the lens (in this case is just protective glass wich has the lens behind it) does NOT touch the surface of a flat surface. only the metal bezel does.

As you can see in this picture, the glass isn't flush with the bezel, it's a bit recessed, so you won't scratch it against a flat surface.

https://rimblogs.files.wordpress.com...ng?w=800&h=450

I never had a case on my priv, I'm not particulary carefull where I let it be, and I have NO scratches in the glass, and amazingly, the metal bezel seems very hard because it looks like new too.
    Well, that's not the issue that the OP was asking about. The phone itself doesn't lay flat because of the way the camera protrudes from the back of the phone, unless you have a case. The lens being scratched wasn't even mentioned.
    05-22-16 07:34 PM
    Well, that's not the issue that the OP was asking about. The phone itself doesn't lay flat because of the way the camera protrudes from the back of the phone, unless you have a case. The lens being scratched wasn't even mentioned.
    you're right, after a more carefull reading, I misunderstood, my bad, and my apologies to the moderator and OP
    05-22-16 07:47 PM
    you're right, after a more carefull reading, I misunderstood, my bad, and my apologies to the moderator and OP
    That's okay. I did appreciate the breakdown of the camera. I remember a few comments on a thread regarding lens covers of some sort to prevent scratches. Your reply cleared that up nicely. Thanks.
    05-22-16 08:19 PM