Since this is the 1st phone I've had in 5-6 years that wasn't company issued, I wanted to get a protection plan for it. I looked at my carrier, squaretrade, and local repair shops. I found on Blackberry.com that they offer a good protection plan for a lot cheaper than I found anywhere else. It's $4.49/month with a $129 deductible per incident. This was a higher deductible than squaretrade, but lower per/month cost and square trade is a one time up front cost. Just an fyi for anyone looking for the same thing.

BlackBerry Care Protection Plan - United States
    11-12-15 08:45 AM
    How much did they ask in square trade?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 08:46 AM
    I really think you should stick with BlackBerry insurance, check this out on ST https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...15423%2Fg.html

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:07 AM
    I really think you should stick with BlackBerry insurance, check this out on ST WHY NOT TO GET Square Trade SquareTrade ebay Insurance | eBay

Posted via CB10
    Good call on that. The BB insurance covers all of the things squaretrade doesn't. And square trade was a lot more.
    11-12-15 07:11 PM
    Since this is the 1st phone I've had in 5-6 years that wasn't company issued, I wanted to get a protection plan for it. I looked at my carrier, squaretrade, and local repair shops. I found on Blackberry.com that they offer a good protection plan for a lot cheaper than I found anywhere else. It's $4.49/month with a $129 deductible per incident. This was a higher deductible than squaretrade, but lower per/month cost and square trade is a one time up front cost. Just an fyi for anyone looking for the same thing.

Will I be able to use this Protection Plan for the Verizon Priv (When it comes out)?
    11-13-15 12:50 AM
    Yes. It's from Blackberry directly and you can sign up regardless of where you go the phone. The only stipulations I saw was that you have sign up for it within 30 days of purchase (purchase has to be new in the box) and you certify that it is new condition with no damage. It took me about 5 minutes to sign up for it. I also like the fact that they will ship you a new device overnight once the claim is approved and the deductible paid.
    11-13-15 07:28 AM
    Yes. It's from Blackberry directly and you can sign up regardless of where you go the phone. The only stipulations I saw was that you have sign up for it within 30 days of purchase (purchase has to be new in the box) and you certify that it is new condition with no damage. It took me about 5 minutes to sign up for it. I also like the fact that they will ship you a new device overnight once the claim is approved and the deductible paid.
    So If my Verizon Priv gets damaged, BlackBerry will send me a Verizon Priv as a replacement? I didn't know that they could do that. BlackBerry doesn't sell VZW compatible phones on ShopBlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 10:27 AM
    I'm not a lawyer and I'm only going on what was sent to me when I signed up. This protection plan is directly through Blackberry. I had to select my carrier when I signed up, where I bought it, online/in store, etc. I'm pretty sure that if you got the plan, Blackberry would be able to pull a model for whatever carrier they sell to from their warehouse and ship it...but that's just my thoughts.
    11-13-15 12:35 PM
    Just got BlackBerry protection plan also for my ATT Priv. Only $4.49 and cancel anytime....the only thing BlackBerry plan didn't have that plan ATT offered for $7 is coverage for lost or stolen phone.

Posted w/ Priv
    11-13-15 02:49 PM
    I am just curious because Verizon uses CDMA, etc...
    11-13-15 05:40 PM
    If you buy Bell or Rogers at Costco wholesale in Canada, you can buy a plan for 95$, you can exchange damage phone 4 times in 2years with 50$ d�ductible

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 07:24 PM
    If you buy Bell or Rogers at Costco wholesale in Canada, you can buy a plan for 95$, you can exchange damage phone 4 times in 2years with 50$ d�ductible

Posted via CB10
    Wow, for any one with a case of the dropsies, Costco or BlackBerry care is a no brainer.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 09:46 PM
    just ordered from BB
    11-15-15 11:08 PM
    I bought the slightly more expensive month to month insurance policy from Rogers Wireless because it covers loss and damage including broken screen.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 11:53 PM

I purchased the BB warranty with ease for my 2 Classics!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    11-16-15 12:42 AM