I bought my Passport on launch day from Amazon, paying about CAD$800 and I love it.
    I bought my iPhone 6s 64GB on launch day from Apple store, paying about CAD$1200 and I love it.

I won't buy Blackberry Priv at that price on launch day and here's why:
    - it's an Android phone;
    - it's over-priced compared to iPhone (pls don't forget Apple has very good warranty policy and super easy; Blackbery's warranty? FAILED.)
    - Blackberry is dying (admit or not, the public think so)
    - Blackberry support suck; can't keep promise; Playbook, BB10, Z50, etc.

Get it right Blackberry. You don't have time/another chance to test the market. I know it's too late and this topic has been discussed many times, but I just still can't believe the 2m front camera android phone can sell at that price.

If I were Chen, I would focus on BB10 while still present this Priv to previous Blackberry fans. Let them know we keep promise and can deliver. Come back to BB10.
    Last edited by epee; 10-30-15 at 02:38 PM. Reason: fixed
    10-30-15 02:19 PM
    Add:
    If Blackberry stick to BB10, it will gain my respect and confidence; and the company may still have chance to become a major player on the smartphone industry. People start feeling bore with Android and IOS and start trying something else, such as BB10 and Window10. Switching to Android is a bad move. I think Chen should know about that. Maybe he IS trying to get rid of the hardware business.
    10-30-15 02:34 PM
    Z50 was never a real phone and it was never technically promised.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:36 PM
    It will be interesting to see what the Carrier's think....

If AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon all have it in the store with a display... then I feel that they believe it has a shot. If they hide it online only, they I fell they don't have much hope in it attracting much of a consumer following.
    10-30-15 02:36 PM
    Fortunately for BlackBerry it is not overpriced for the high end consumers who don't have anything against Android and like the unique features offered by the Priv.

But you're right, it's not for BB10 fans who haven't yet accepted that BlackBerry has moved on to Android and that BB10 will now slowly fade into history.
    B_Rad BurnZ likes this.
    10-30-15 02:40 PM
    Since you obviously have used a Priv before, what's the battery life like?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:40 PM
    Add:
    If Blackberry stick to BB10, it will gain my respect and confidence;
    Thankfully for BlackBerry shareholders, the company has other priorities.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-30-15 02:41 PM
    Fortunately for BlackBerry it is not overpriced for the high end consumers who don't have anything against Android and like the unique features offered by the Priv.

But you're right, it's not for BB10 fans who haven't yet accepted that BlackBerry has moved on to Android and that BB10 will now slowly fade into history.
    That 1% high end consumers can't help Blackberry much. PRIV is supposed to bring back those previous Blackberry keyboard smartphone users.
    10-30-15 02:44 PM
    How can $699 be over priced?

Blame the Canadian dollar instead

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:52 PM
    Is it overpriced for what you get? Hell no. Overpriced based on current BlackBerry public perception? Yep.

Then again there is the crap Canadian dollar so there's that.
    Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:53 PM
    That 1% high end consumers can't help Blackberry much. PRIV is supposed to bring back those previous Blackberry keyboard smartphone users.
    No, actually PRIV is supposed to bring BlackBerry back into the mainstream smartphone market, where it has a reasonable chance of having a profitable hardware business that can support the main software and services part of its business.
    10-30-15 03:01 PM
    this phone is not just destined to former BB users, it is destined to grab Android market shares, i never used to BB before and i am very interested in it. the Android market is quite large and there is a potential for BB.

and i don't think that BB10 as an OS will disappear. and i suspect that BB will release another device at least in 2016 with BB10 on it.
    Ihauntu2 likes this.
    10-30-15 03:02 PM
    Add:
    If Blackberry stick to BB10, it will gain my respect and confidence; and the company may still have chance to become a major player on the smartphone industry. People start feeling bore with Android and IOS and start trying something else, such as BB10 and Window10. Switching to Android is a bad move. I think Chen should know about that. Maybe he IS trying to get rid of the hardware business.
    Yes, lets stick with the OS that has a .3% user base and is falling.
    That clearly will garner more sales than trying to appeal to users of the OS that has +70% market share.

I'm sorry. BB 10 looks like a great OS & I'm sure it is superior to Android in some ways. BlackBerry is trying to reestablish themselves and sell more hardware. Catering to the 1 out of every 333 smartphone users instead of the 7 out of 10 is not the best way to do this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-30-15 03:07 PM
    I'm starting to wish there were a 'disklike' button on this forum...

I'm usually a big advocate of people posting whatever is on their mind, but (with no offence to the OP) this topic is getting old REALLY fast. If you think that the Priv is overpriced, just add your thoughts to one of the other hundred 'The Priv is going to fail because..." threads.
    10-30-15 03:08 PM
    Thankfully for BlackBerry shareholders, the company has other priorities.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    And that is the problem..... too many pots in the fire and not enough hands to stir them.
    10-30-15 03:12 PM
    No, actually PRIV is supposed to bring BlackBerry back into the mainstream smartphone market, where it has a reasonable chance of having a profitable hardware business that can support the main software and services part of its business.
    Hopefully that day comes soon enough before my $30K BBRY (invested $100k) become penny stock. Android is android, no matter how you decorate it.

The change we can see and touch is the HUB and the keyboard. Is it worth $200 extra? If public hesitate about the price, then it's not priced right to regain the market.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-30-15 03:13 PM
    Is it overpriced for what you get? Hell no. Overpriced based on current BlackBerry public perception? Yep.

Posted via CB10
    My view exactly except that you say it better and in much, much fewer words. But then, I am not a man of few words.
    10-30-15 03:35 PM
    My view exactly except that you say it better and in much, much fewer words. But then, I am not a man of few words.
    Lol, I have my moments I can get pretty wordy too.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 03:37 PM
    Hopefully that day comes soon enough before my $30K BBRY (invested $100k) become penny stock. Android is android, no matter how you decorate it.

The change we can see and touch is the HUB and the keyboard. Is it worth $200 extra? If public hesitate about the price, then it's not priced right to regain the market.
    Only time will tell that and mostly everywhere I read or people I talked to, the Priv is being liked by Android and some iPhone users and they cant wait to buy at $699, save to buy, get it in hands and try it so I wouldn't say it's gonna fail right aways as we ain't general public but CrackBerry connoisseurs so the ball will be in the market on or after November 6th 2015

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 03:37 PM

As i see it, BlackBerry has had a tough few years, its market share shrunk to almost non-existent. this was the right move, for now at least. BlackBerry is not trying to get back on top of everyone, but rather trying to get back in the game. this is a long haul thing, it's a strategy. Capturing market shares in the Android world will be beneficial to the company's name, sales, cash etc. BB will be able to breath and generate profit from the hardware business. Android is built for the general consumers, for fun, for stupid things if you will. BlackBerry is getting into that through the Priv, and that doesn't mean it is not to be used for business.
    BB has no reason to drop BB10, with the success of the Priv BB will be able to buy some time and re-assure investors that it can make money in the hardware business. No harm in being cross-platform.

BB10 will stay the OS of choice for business oriented devices, and i am sure BlackBerry will enhance it, and maybe even slowly develop more apps in order to bring back the users who want to use their devices for business and fun.
    Ihauntu2 likes this.
    10-30-15 03:50 PM
    As i see it, BlackBerry has had a tough few years, its market share shrunk to almost non-existent. this was the right move, for now at least. BlackBerry is not trying to get back on top of everyone, but rather trying to get back in the game. this is a long haul thing, it's a strategy. Capturing market shares in the Android world will be beneficial to the company's name, sales, cash etc. BB will be able to breath and generate profit from the hardware business. Android is built for the general consumers, for fun, for stupid things if you will. BlackBerry is getting into that through the Priv, and that doesn't mean it is not to be used for business.
    BB has no reason to drop BB10, with the success of the Priv BB will be able to buy some time and re-assure investors that it can make money in the hardware business. No harm in being cross-platform.

BB10 will stay the OS of choice for business oriented devices, and i am sure BlackBerry will enhance it, and maybe even slowly develop more apps in order to bring back the users who want to use their devices for business and fun.
    But BB10 is NOT remaining the OS of choice even in business. BYOD rules the day which is why BlackBerry BES can now manage iOS and Android. I live in a city that is a health technology Hub, and no one uses BlackBerry phones. Even the place I work with 12,000 employees dropped their BES contract because everyone moved on to Android and iPhone. And guess what? They are still all very productive.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 03:55 PM
    You know, there's this thing called the internet that proves you wrong.

iPhone 6S Plus
    $949.99 full retail price at T-Mobile as of 10/30/2015

iPhone 6s Plus | New iPhone 6s Plus Reviews & Tech Specs | T-Mobile

Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    $779.99 full retail price at T-Mobile as of 10/30/2015

Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Galaxy Note5 Reviews & Tech Specs | T-Mobile

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
    $859.99 full retail price at T-Mobile as of 10/30/2015

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus | Galaxy S6 edge plus Reviews | T-Mobile

Blackberry Priv
    $699.00 full retail price at shop.blackberry.com as of 10/30/2015

ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV

I had to price the phones with 64GB to 128GB of memory since none offer expandable storage. The Priv can be expanded to 2TB of storage.

Now, which of the above phones is overpriced?
    10-30-15 03:59 PM
    When will people realize BB10 is a proven failure? When will people also realize that failure doesn't equal worse. These types of things happen in the fast moving electronics industry all the time. Beta was better than VHS, but VHS won, a common example. Many people thought (and still think) that WebOS was superior to Android and iOS, but it's gone. Blackberry put all their time and money in BB10 for almost 3 years. What more proof do we need to finally understand it's not going to work? Should blackberry use all cash reserves and run itself into the ground? Is "better marketing" going to make up for the app gap that is the main issue? It's done, let it go. Failed does not mean an inferior product, it just means failed.
    10-30-15 04:03 PM
    It's not overpriced. It's cheaper than the 6S Plus (which is comparable in screen size), it's cheaper than the EDGE+, it's top notch and it's secure (which is a distinguishing feature). I'd say it'll do alright
    europolska00 likes this.
    10-30-15 04:19 PM
    You know, there's this thing called the internet that proves you wrong.

iPhone 6S Plus
    $949.99 full retail price at T-Mobile as of 10/30/2015

iPhone 6s Plus | New iPhone 6s Plus Reviews & Tech Specs | T-Mobile

Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    $779.99 full retail price at T-Mobile as of 10/30/2015

Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Galaxy Note5 Reviews & Tech Specs | T-Mobile

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
    $859.99 full retail price at T-Mobile as of 10/30/2015

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus | Galaxy S6 edge plus Reviews | T-Mobile

Blackberry Priv
    $699.00 full retail price at shop.blackberry.com as of 10/30/2015

ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV

I had to price the phones with 64GB to 128GB of memory since none offer expandable storage. The Priv can be expanded to 2TB of storage.

Now, which of the above phones is overpriced?
    For the iPhone 6+ even the 16Gb is priced higher (right now 749,99) than the Priv!

Posted via CB10
    europolska00 and Gadget Fann like this.
    10-30-15 04:23 PM
27 12