Hi everyone, so suddenly my Priv Power Button just doesn't work at all anymore. The volume buttons still work no problem. Any idea what it could be? Just weird. I can turn it on by holding the volume up and down buttons but that sucks a battery pull everytime.

Help is appreciated. Or if anyone knows how to replace it let me know. I am very handy and have fixed playbook and passports before.

Thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-16 10:15 PM
    Are you using a case of any kind? I know some have complained of some cases pressing the power button and over time I can see that causing problems or damaging the button.

The power button appears to be easily replaceable. The actual button is very accessible when you remove the back cover, it stays attached to the back. The switch sensor will remain with the chassis and is also very accessible. I've taken my back off several times now and would think you wouldn't have any problems.

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-16 12:10 AM
    I am going to check how much at a couple of places but Priv looks so easy to work on based on a few videos I have seen. And the sticky ribbon looks astonishingly easy to replace. Aliexpress has replacements for $23, so I may just get it. Thanks for giving the confidence to even consider it.

09-29-16 08:06 AM
    Anyone know where to buy a power button in Canada? I dropped mine the first day I got it and it has been stuck inside.

09-30-16 07:14 PM
    LeatherfaceZ10: I assume you are no longer within the 1 year warranty?

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    09-30-16 08:45 PM
    No I am out of warranty. I actually bought the button and ribbon assembly on Aliexpress. It was only $23 CAD. I opened up the Priv a couple of days ago and OMG is this phone brilliantly engineered. It was so easy to work on. The Z30 and iPhone 5 are a bleeding nightmare, even my wife looked at me and was like, I could do that. Hahahaha. Replacing the ribbon will be a cinch. Only problem is that as with any Aliexpress order, I will have to wait 30 days for it to arrive. Darn...

On the plus side I downloaded a screen off App, and put it as my left Swipe to shut my screen from anywhere. It works great! I would love to take a screen shot for you, but unfortunately my power button is dead. Hahahaha!

FF22 likes this.
    10-01-16 06:55 AM
    It is pretty impressive isn't it. The quality and design of the chassis and components is pretty nice as well.

10-01-16 07:56 AM
    It is pretty impressive isn't it. The quality and design of the chassis and components is pretty nice as well.

A convenient work around is that you can place the 'Lock' function on the short cut swipes at the bottom of the phone. And you can wake the phone from lock mode with a double tap on the screen anyway.

Just looking to replace my power after just a year
    11-11-16 01:33 AM
    1+ year and all BlackBerry users need to repair their own devices
    Been there done that
    With my 9900, Q10, PP, Z30 :P

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 02:23 AM