When I first got the Priv, I had a hard time adapting to the PKB (mainly because it felt awkward after years of using VKB).

However, recently I realized that I've actually grew accustomed to the PKB. Whenever I need to type something, I would unconsciously slide the PKB open to type. And indeed I would make less mistakes than typing on a VKB...

Does anyone feels the same way? I for one find this a bit odd as the Priv PKB isn't the most ergonomically sound pkb out there (compared to legacy BB devices or even the Classic)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Matt J likes this.
    04-25-16 04:13 AM
    When I first got the Priv, I had a hard time adapting to the PKB (mainly because it felt awkward after years of using VKB).

However, recently I realized that I've actually grew accustomed to the PKB. Whenever I need to type something, I would unconsciously slide the PKB open to type. And indeed I would make less mistakes than typing on a VKB...

Does anyone feels the same way? I for one find this a bit odd as the Priv PKB isn't the most ergonomically sound pkb out there (compared to legacy BB devices or even the Classic)

Yep same here! It's epic once you get used to it.

Let's hope Blackberry sticks around long enough for more privs so we can get more powah!

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    04-25-16 06:06 AM
    No question. When given a choice, the PKB beats out the VKB. The only time I use the VKB is for quick one word responses.
    04-25-16 06:45 AM
    sometimes I wish the pkb was the only option, but it's nice to show off both

04-25-16 07:02 AM
    I think it's very subjective, virtual keyboard is excellent and physical keyboard is no longer necessary. My next phone will definitely be without physical keyboard

04-25-16 08:42 AM
    I'm also in the habit of using my PKB when replying to an email or typing a long response. Or when I'm browsing the web or 9Gag since I love the scrolling feature! I only use the VKB when typing short replies like BBMs and WhatsApp.
    04-25-16 08:42 AM
    I recently have found myself dropping to the PKB for responses longer than a few words. Way more accurate.
    04-25-16 08:52 AM
    I never left PKB really, but I guess my VKB friends find me annoying because my responses are always quite long.

If anything I actually just restarted after a long hiatus, but like most said it's just for short responses or passwords (really like the number row).
    04-25-16 09:07 AM
    I think it's very subjective, virtual keyboard is excellent and physical keyboard is no longer necessary. My next phone will definitely be without physical keyboard

Haha nope.

Posted via Priv
    raremage likes this.
    04-25-16 11:49 AM
    Priv PKB is indeed very good. I use it frequently while typing in local language Hindi. It is very convenient and easy and helps in eliminating mistakes always associated with the PKB.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    04-25-16 11:58 AM
    The keyboard is okay. Haven't used it in months on my Priv

04-25-16 12:29 PM
    Same for me , I have used different devises with and without physical keyboard. The physical keyboard is the winner hands down !
    04-25-16 03:13 PM
    I was specifically excited about the Priv as it captures the best of both worlds for me - app ecosystem of Android and PKB of BlackBerry.

I use mine all the time.

04-25-16 03:23 PM
    VKB - quick things and access related
    PKB - larger emails messages and when you have a bit more space.

It's a great combo.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for for Priv
    04-25-16 06:17 PM
    Only use the pkb, rarely use the vkb. Maybe just now and then to send a quick sms.
    04-25-16 10:24 PM
    I agree! Loving the keyboard.

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    04-25-16 11:14 PM

Same here. Physical keyboard is much better than virtual keyboard for typing. I use mostly physical keyboard now
    04-25-16 11:23 PM
    Seems like a lot of people here feel the same way.

Now all we need is Chinese language supoort. Come on Chen!

04-26-16 01:18 AM
    I agree. I use the pkb for things like responding here and filling things out online, writing emails etc. Use it a lot just scrolling. Vkb for texting though. Love the vkb of BlackBerry. Never jad a pkb before this and I'm getting better at it every day . The ability to flick with it too is great

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    04-26-16 01:21 AM