Hey Crackberry! Just got my Priv today and I'm very excited. There's so much to customize but there's one gripping issue I have that affects my productivity immensely: The Quick Unlock feature. It's a feature that I've used from Galaxy S1 - S5, and it also exists on custom roms.

What this does, is when you enter your PIN correctly, the screen lock will automatically be unlocked. At current, Priv requires you to hit the "Check" button after typing in your PIN.

This affects me when I'm on my bed, and I punch in my PIN but am required to move my thumb half-way across the screen for an additional key. I'm just used to 3-4 years of the same procedure and would be very happy if anyone knows where this feature is hidden, or how to enable it. Thanks!
    12-29-15 05:39 PM
    Hey Crackberry! Just got my Priv today and I'm very excited. There's so much to customize but there's one gripping issue I have that affects my productivity immensely: The Quick Unlock feature. It's a feature that I've used from Galaxy S1 - S5, and it also exists on custom roms.

What this does, is when you enter your PIN correctly, the screen lock will automatically be unlocked. At current, Priv requires you to hit the "Check" button after typing in your PIN.

This affects me when I'm on my bed, and I punch in my PIN but am required to move my thumb half-way across the screen for an additional key. I'm just used to 3-4 years of the same procedure and would be very happy if anyone knows where this feature is hidden, or how to enable it. Thanks!
    Unfortunately that is not currently offered by Blackberry on the Priv. Perhaps when they release Android 6.0 for us Privers, they'll maybe include it.
    I know how much of a difference it makes, because one of my older Android phones didn't require hitting the "OK" button afterwards, but then I moved to a different one and it DID require it; needless to say, it drove me nuts.

But with the Priv, there's this amazing new lockscreen option where you move a random number to a random spot on a photograph. No one can really guess where you're looking when you perform this action, so it winds up being one of the most secure lockscreen options. (And yes, before anyone jumps down my throat, I fully realize it's not "secure" since there's an off-chance that someone could moves the number grid around and just happen to get lucky. But compared to the other lockscreen options, this is pretty high up there).
    12-31-15 01:10 AM
    To be quite honest: Picture Password is as secure as it possibly can get without any form of biometric unlocking.
    12-31-15 06:38 AM
    Most likely it requires you to hit a button because you can have a variable length of PINs and if someone is guessing your PIN it will be much harder for them to guess if they have to manually hit the check button each time.

If it just accepted it as soon as the correct PIN is entered, there is a higher likelihood of someone accidentally guessing correctly without even intending to hit the check button at that time.
    12-31-15 11:10 AM