Hi there just want to say I love the look and feel of the phone and am more then willing to learn it I already am doing a lot of things that were suggested, turning off animations and disabling some crap and the notification things. Here are my initial questions and forgive me just excited

No update status progress how to go see whats downloading etc?
    I think I figured out you can pull the top down at the top right and click on there but it's weird that it doesn't seem to track the status of the download. It downloaded though

Productivity Tab vs Hub
    Is this sort of like the android version of the hub? Pros/cons. Do most of you use it at all

Changing Hub Icon
    Ugh it defaults to like an email note I want something cooler. Possible?

Notification shut offs and getting rid of google services.
    I think I got this one hold disable uninstall or whatever. Is this going to be ok I won't screw anything up? What should I keep ? Some of the google crap is ok right? For the app notifications just go into app notifies and click which option in there to make it so it wont drain battery for that one. I think I see "don't show" but I am not so sure that "turns it off" please clarify.

How to access playstore without google account
    I am on Android now and have a few apps I want to download. BUT it asks for my gmail and I am worried that as soon as I enter that my phone is going to explode with spam and google crap. What should I do here. Some gentleman said he uses Cortina instead thoughts ? What is cortina anyway.

no front camera flash ?
    I didn't buy the phone for this but just wondering is there a flash for selfies lol>

How to lock automatically without using power button (usually click power and gives option to lock)
    I know I can set it to lock on power which is ok but is there another way I didn't check the shortcuts.

The shorcuts are cool but only 3? And Google has to be one of them ?
    Seems like this is neat and I changed two but the middle seems to be greyed out for google. Is there a way to change that one are there any other ways to get more of things like this going ?

Best way to move contacts would prefer to avoid facebook contacts
    I guess I am lucky I only have a few local contacts on the SIM but it would be cool to have these moved over from my passport, I could save them to the SIM or to whatever the SD and just install that. Thoughts?

Password Keeper
    Easy way to export password keeper data ?

Adding another "screen"
    I see there are 3 screens anyway to add more for favorite apps ?

Add my own separate notifications and a few profiles
    I know some people have recommendations for this. I can do this through the hub so far I saw the account colors but where exactly can I change the HUB settings for LED and stuff.

BBM from BB10
    Do I need to create a new ID or can I move. I guess a new one I don't want to give up my old one anyway

Music App
    What's the default one. The google one. Is that ok to use? I can't seem to find any others installed. Thoughts ?

Notify green battery strip
    Really cool when phone is off. Does this consume a lot of power? customization ?

Ok that's a lot of crap here and I appreciate it as some of you probably seen it before. Just excited and I think some of you are eager to help so why not

Thanks more to come obviously!
    02-20-16 07:21 AM
    No update status progress how to go see whats downloading etc?
    Yes, you can pull down from the top and it will show it downloading there. If it's an app you can go to the Play Store and see the progress from there.

Productivity Tab vs Hub
    the Productivity is kind of like a mini hub. I don't use mine and have it disable so it doesn't show.

Changing Hub Icon
    That's a good question. I don't think there is but I really haven't looked into it so it might be possible.

Notification shut offs and getting rid of google services.
    I have minumal notifactions on mine and I don't let Google access anything if I can help it. There are somethings that it does need to, but I don't let it for the most part.

How to access playstore without google account
    You don't need an account to access it, but you will need a Google account to access the Play Store to get anything from there.

no front camera flash ?
    Nope

How to lock automatically without using power button (usually click power and gives option to lock)
    You can set it to go into sleep after so long, this will lock it.

The shorcuts are cool but only 3? And Google has to be one of them ?
    It is a shame it's only three. And having it set not to change the middle one is odd.

Best way to move contacts would prefer to avoid facebook contacts
    On your PP you should have a back up and transfer option. This will give you the ability to transfer all your stuff.

Password Keeper
    Sorry, I've never used this. It might be part of the back up and transfer option.

Adding another "screen"
    It's been awhile since I have used the BlackBerry Launcher (I'm using the Nova Launcher), but you should be able to long press on the home screen and see an options for that.

Add my own separate notifications and a few profiles
    That might be in the individual apps setting.

BBM from BB10
    You can use your old BBID.

Music App
    The default is an OK app. there are a lot of good apps out there. I use Poweramp, but a lot of people also like Rocket Player. The one thing I did was go with the pro version because I find the use of the equalizer makes it a lot better.

Notify green battery strip
    It doesn't seem to use very much battery.
    Drenis and chrispmoto like this.
    02-20-16 07:57 AM
    Almost forgot. Enjoy!!!!!!
    02-20-16 07:58 AM
    Thanks for your response

So to disable the apps you just disable them. Which ones. And to make sure that the apps arn't using notifications you just click block or whatever in those settings. Just want to be clear that i am doing the right thing lol.

Actually I found out you can do long press shortcuts which is great just hold a key down

If I use the BBM ID from before it won't kick me out of the other BBM because I am still using my passport
    chrispmoto likes this.
    02-20-16 08:19 AM
    Anyway to change the notification sound for when you have google play notify you. Seems like its just says to make a sound or not in the app itself.
    02-20-16 09:05 AM
    You can change all of the icons using an icon pack from the Play Store, but to change an individual icon you'll need to use a custom launcher.

If you go to System Settings > Apps then to the Google app, you can hit "clear defaults" and then you should be able to change the middle swipe shortcut.
    middbrew likes this.
    02-20-16 09:17 AM
    There is an app called "icon changer free" in the playstore which let's you change individual icons.

All it actually does is create shortcuts that are named as whatever you like and you can choose any icon or image to use as it's icon, you'd then remove the icon for the hub itself off your home screen and replace it with the new shortcut. Not as efficient as changing the icon itself but does work well if you just want to change one or two individual icons.
    middbrew likes this.
    02-20-16 10:10 AM

If I use the BBM ID from before it won't kick me out of the other BBM because I am still using my passport
    Yes it will. If you want to use both at the same time you will need a new BBID for the PRIV.
    02-20-16 10:37 AM
    You can change all of the icons using an icon pack from the Play Store, but to change an individual icon you'll need to use a custom launcher.

If you go to System Settings > Apps then to the Google app, you can hit "clear defaults" and then you should be able to change the middle swipe shortcut.
    Really? I can change the swipe up action from Google search? Does clearing Google Defaults change anything else? Don't wanna break my Priv. It's working perfectly now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    02-20-16 10:44 AM
    That didn't work

02-20-16 10:51 AM
    Really? I can change the swipe up action from Google search? Does clearing Google Defaults change anything else? Don't wanna break my Priv. It's working perfectly now.

You can change it to another search app, or another app that Google recognizes as a shortcut. It's a built-in feature of Lollipop you would see on any other Android device with soft keys. So it looks like this:

Then once you swipe to the magnifying glass you can set the app:

For example, a lot of people use DuckDuckGo instead of Google because it doesn't save your search data.

This only effects actions in which you have set the Google app as the default. If you have Google set for any other actions, you'll just see this same popup again to select Google.
    02-20-16 10:54 AM
    Awesome. Thanks for jumping back in and helping me out. Appreciate your time. Working for me now.

02-20-16 11:13 AM
    This is great however the long press shortcuts trump this i found out by accident if you press any key you can assign a long press for it to any shortcut
    02-20-16 12:34 PM
    You can export password keeper records from the password keeper settings screen (found in left side navigation menu). Look a couple screens down.

If you are using BB10 you can export from the setting there (swipe down from top of screen) and import into Priv password keeper.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-21-16 06:08 PM