Android is laggy. No matter what, it is. Most of the world seems to accept this as normal, though.

Posted via CB10
    david7saad likes this.
    03-07-16 01:43 AM
    From a performance standpoint the priv seems to have a lag issue. I been using android for years and my nexus 6 which is a year older than the priv outperforms it. I don't know what services blackberry are running and how intensive they are, but this phone is as close to stock Android as I have seen. I feel the snapdragon 808 was the wrong choice for this phone. Only a few phones use this chipset one being the LG g4 and v10 which also both lag terribly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-07-16 04:44 AM
    OP, try to turn your phone off and turn it back on. I've noticed that all phones(including BB10 phones) work a little snappier when restarted properly.
    03-07-16 08:36 AM
    Welcome to the Android environment! Lag has always been a complaint with this OS. Nothing new to see here. Move along, Move along
    techvisor likes this.
    03-07-16 09:39 AM
    have it since November and never had a problem.It's fast and reactive as always
    03-07-16 09:40 AM
    Am I the only one with this issue? There is extreme lag, and it's killing me. I write an email and then I need to wait like 10 seconds until I can go back to my inbox.

No lag here and have had device since launch day!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    03-07-16 10:33 AM
    I'm having major lag the last few days... ridiculous amounts. Everything is updated, including system update done this morning and I've rebooted. It's driving me pretty nuts.

My daughter is experiencing the same thing. (I've got an unlocked version from ShopBlackBerry and she has the AT&T version so therefore doesn't have latest system update... yet we are both having this issue)
    03-07-16 11:39 AM
    My Priv is zippy.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    03-07-16 11:50 AM
    My Priv runs fine most of the time. Sometimes I get the lag, but it depends on what I'm busy doing
    03-07-16 11:51 AM
    lol - you have a phone with multiple gigs of RAM and half a dozen CPU cores and it still lags.

I wonder if it's got enough RAM for text messages and phone calls?!
    03-07-16 01:18 PM
    Its an Android, no surprise xD
    03-07-16 03:38 PM
    Its an Android, no surprise xD
    Yeah, this is so true. My Note 5 lags big time too. It's not every day and all the time, but it gets its good and bad days.
    03-07-16 09:15 PM
    Maybe a rogue app running in the background. I had a couple of these, from Groupon constantly trying to get my location even though I never opened it. To popcorn time and a few other apps running in the background.

I used greenify to determine which apps were running in the background unnecessarily. And uninstalled them.

03-07-16 09:38 PM
    OP here. It became a little better now. Maybe it's the recent patch? Not sure though. It still lags, but I am productive again.

I did try before to restart, close all background apps, I know all that, it just didn't perform well.

03-07-16 09:45 PM
    Am I the only one with this issue? There is extreme lag, and it's killing me. I write an email and then I need to wait like 10 seconds until I can go back to my inbox.

Last two months I have not faced this issue at all. Suggest please make a hard reset of your device. I always do it twice in a week . Great device for me IMHO.
    03-08-16 12:17 AM
    I would suggest you try an app like Clean Master.

Don't do this ^^^ cheetah mobile is a huge source of data mining. Your phone will be much worse for it after a period of time. Just delete the cache yourself.

Enjoying the Priv
    03-08-16 09:11 AM
    OP here. It became a little better now. Maybe it's the recent patch? Not sure though. It still lags, but I am productive again.

I did try before to restart, close all background apps, I know all that, it just didn't perform well.

Once in a while I go through a lot of my apps an clear cache (not data). Seems to help a lot. Under settings, device then apps. Click on the app and clear cache.

03-08-16 02:53 PM
    Haha, lagdroiiiid

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 03:14 PM
    PRIV has become incredibly slow. Tried cleanmaster not sure if it's doing more harm than good. Snapchat is a nightmare, but that's just for fun. Hub loads very slowly and I've waited up to 5 seconds to get back to my homescreen after pressing the home button. Missing my BB10 this past week.
    03-08-16 07:19 PM
    PRIV has become incredibly slow. Tried cleanmaster not sure if it's doing more harm than good. Snapchat is a nightmare, but that's just for fun. Hub loads very slowly and I've waited up to 5 seconds to get back to my homescreen after pressing the home button. Missing my BB10 this past week.
    Use cccleaner
    03-08-16 11:39 PM
    Guys, if you have the 'Google' app, aka this one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...quicksearchbox

the latest update to it from February 19th causes the Priv to lag, get excessively hot and not charge.

Try disabling it if you have it and wait 20 minutes. Should make a difference.

03-09-16 03:40 AM
    I have a noticeable lag getting back to my home screen from an app. When I press the home button it takes a second or two but it eventually gets there. This seems to be a recent issue and I'm not sure what is causing it.
    This is no bug, it's well known Android feature and gives you the possibility to take a deep breath before you go on with your tasks. Just enjoy the short break. I really missed this feature when I moved to OS10!
    03-10-16 02:26 AM
    I've also started experiencing lag with the home button and some lag in general with the priv. When I look at other androids, I seriously reconsider leaving the priv. I only stay because I love pkd so much because the hub on android is no where near bb10s.

03-11-16 01:46 PM
    I've also started experiencing lag with the home button and some lag in general with the priv. When I look at other androids, I seriously reconsider leaving the priv. I only stay because I love pkd so much because the hub on android is no where near bb10s.

It has nothing to do with the PRIV - It's an Android thing. It occasionally lags. And most of the times devices become slower over time when you're installing more and more apps. Unlike OS10 most apps are running lots of background tasks. Sometimes resetting your phone helps but it's just a workaround. Performance will become an issue again, after some time.

Digging deeper, clearing caches, deleting apps etc. is more like a workaround and don't help long term. So although people are mentioning Android is working oh so perfectly with no workarounds and tweeks are not exactly right about it.

It's even more ridiculous if you compare the specs of high end Android devices and those of OS10 devices. When did you ever experience lags for seconds just to go back to your home screen?
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-15-16 11:43 AM
    I'm having the same, significant lag. I"m sorry, but this is my last return to BB if this is not fixed. It's almost debilitating. Hoping as I read through this thread there is a solution
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    04-07-16 07:11 AM
94 1234