It would be a break from past disappoints from blackberry if they do manage to update the Priv to Nougat OS. I'd certainly would like to see some changes in their customer service politics. One can dream... Right?
    FF22 likes this.
    05-08-17 01:03 AM
    I'm sad to hear that the Priv is done for, but I'm sure glad that I got mine when I did..... Best phone I've ever had, I love it. And the coolness factor of the slider is icing on the cake.... But BlackBerry better not forget the people that put down cash to buy them. They owe their customers some support.
    05-08-17 02:10 AM
    I bought an iPhone because my Priv disconnects bluetooth headsets during phone calls. I was hoping a Nougat update would solve this problem and I was thinking about buying the KeyOne in autumn.

If they don't provide Nougat to Priv owners, I'm completely done with BlackBerry. This level of quality and support is unacceptable.
    BBeast likes this.
    05-08-17 05:10 AM
    What surprises me is how long some hang on to devices. Technology changes so quick..
    A lot of us aren't going to spend money on the newest and latest technology unless it actually benefits us. The 60 does nothing Priv doesn't do, and the minuscule speed and 'smoothness' didn't justify the expense. And if you use the PKB, the 60 was actually a step backwards.
    I'm not knocking the 60, by all accounts a great phone. But no PKB
    For those that use the PKB, speed and efficiency gained there blows away any slight speed improvement gained by the 60 opening apps faster.

I'll continue to use the priv until something comes along that I need and the Priv can't do.
    And even without Nougat, I don't see that happening for at least another year, quite possibly till 5G starts being deployed, (prob starting in 2020).
    OR
    Somebody comes out with a better device having a screen size and quality at least equal to the Priv, and a capable PKB, in a reasonably sized package. In other words another slider.

I'm definitely not going to go out and spend $5 to 8 hundred dollars on something that has a slightly higher processor number and benchmarks a tad better.
    I also purchase phones outright, from the manufacturer, and don't play the carrier 'upgrade' game.
    05-08-17 05:14 AM
    Still theoretically for sale at ShopBB UK, but "Out of Stock".
    05-08-17 06:09 AM
    No surprise, BlackBerry is out of the hardware business. What surprises me is how long some hang on to devices. Technology changes so quick...once the dtek 60 came out I couldn't get rid of my Priv fast enough
    Just like how I never understood all that switch to newest device craze.
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    05-08-17 07:31 AM
    The advantage of being an early adopter of the newest device is:

1. You get to pay full price.
    2. You get to help iron out the bugs the reviewers didn't mention
    3. You get to be the first one in your group to have a new phone thus you are "cool" albeit broke (see 1 above)
    4. You get to buy all new accessories because none of your old ones work with the new phone.
    FF22 and zephyr613 like this.
    05-08-17 08:03 AM
    The advantage of being an early adopter of the newest device is:

1. You get to pay full price.
    2. You get to help iron out the bugs the reviewers didn't mention
    3. You get to be the first one in your group to have a new phone thus you are "cool" albeit broke (see 1 above)
    4. You get to buy all new accessories because none of your old ones work with the new phone.
    Buy a bb10 device and get rid of pesky number three.
    jeeper28 likes this.
    05-08-17 08:12 AM
    05-08-17 09:40 AM
    It depends how important the keyboard was on the Priv to him. If it's vital, get the KEYone, but if it's just icing on the cake, the S8 is better.
    Yeah, I was going on the assumption that a pkb was vital.
    05-08-17 09:45 AM
    I'm sad to hear that the Priv is done for, but I'm sure glad that I got mine when I did..... Best phone I've ever had, I love it. And the coolness factor of the slider is icing on the cake.... But BlackBerry better not forget the people that put down cash to buy them. They owe their customers some support.
    So many still think that....
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-08-17 10:28 AM
    Too bad, I was hoping to snag one if they discounted the price enough.
    05-08-17 10:32 AM
    sort of related.. I purchased my PRIV from Verizion last August. (supposedly has a 1 year manufacturer warranty ) .. If I have an issue with the phone during the warranty period, who will handle the warranty ? ( Blackberry won't have another device possibly ? .. will Verizion provide a re-furbed unit? or will I be offered another product from Verizion ? ) just wondering if anyone has had this issue with another dis-continued phone from a manufacturer ..
    I also have not heard if Verizion will carry the KEYone ?? supposedly it has cdma specs that may allow it to function with their network .. Has anyone heard if they will carry it ? or are they dropping Blackberry completely ?
    05-08-17 10:55 AM
    And you get rid of uber pesky numbers1,2, and 4 as well.

Via Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 12:04 PM
    And you get rid of uber pesky numbers1,2, and 4 as well.

Via Z10.

Posted via CB10
    No. You still get those.
    05-08-17 12:14 PM
    sort of related.. I purchased my PRIV from Verizion last August. (supposedly has a 1 year manufacturer warranty ) .. If I have an issue with the phone during the warranty period, who will handle the warranty ? ( Blackberry won't have another device possibly ? .. will Verizion provide a re-furbed unit? or will I be offered another product from Verizion ? ) just wondering if anyone has had this issue with another dis-continued phone from a manufacturer ..
    I also have not heard if Verizion will carry the KEYone ?? supposedly it has cdma specs that may allow it to function with their network .. Has anyone heard if they will carry it ? or are they dropping Blackberry completely ?
    As always... the seller of the phone provides initial support and replacement of damaged hardware. You'll contact Verizon.
    As always... warranty devices are usually refurbished. And generally they'll have stock, long after they stop selling a phone (FYI they still are selling the PRIV on Verizon.... ). So I expect you'll have nothing to worry about for the next four months if yours dies.

As for the KEYone... we know SPRINT will carry the phone officially, and we know that the CDMA version will work on Verizon. They said later this summer for Carriers, so we maybe months waiting to know if Verizon has it officially.
    05-08-17 01:52 PM
    Time to move on from BB. paid $700 for this phone which launched with an OS that was already outdated. Then only 18 months of support and no other major OS upgrade? Nope.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    05-08-17 02:41 PM
    Time to move on from BB. paid $700 for this phone which launched with an OS that was already outdated. Then only 18 months of support and no other major OS upgrade? Nope.
    Support hasn't ended.

Most Android devices are lucky to get one full OS update, and a second has not been ruled out yet.
    Wezard and i_plod_an_dr_void like this.
    05-08-17 02:53 PM
    Stopping sales does not equal no more support or even discontinued. People are just speculating at this point.
    FF22 and i_plod_an_dr_void like this.
    05-08-17 02:55 PM
    That may be true, but considering they won't publicly say they are going to continue to update the phone speaks more than anything .
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    05-08-17 03:24 PM
    Support hasn't ended.

Most Android devices are lucky to get one full OS update, and a second has not been ruled out yet.
    The phone was launched with Lollipop when it should have been launched with M (every other flagship launched at the time launched with M). To say that getting M after sometime is sufficient isn't a good selling point in my opinion.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-08-17 03:26 PM
    That may be true, but considering they won't publicly say they are going to continue to update the phone speaks more than anything .
    Other than Pixel, what other manufacturer that has come out and guaranteed a second major update well in advance?
    DueNorthBB likes this.
    05-08-17 03:27 PM
    They haven't publicly announced dropping the phone either. They're bad at PR. I'll just take a wait and see approach, since there was a time when this forum didn't think the "Mercury" would ever launch.
    05-08-17 03:30 PM
    Talk about making a headline out of nothing. The BB10 devices have been disappearing for months and Priv was limited in stock for a while now. On top of that, Priv has been discontinued at some carriers long ago. When the 50 and 60 disappear, are people going to run the same non-news? lol.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-08-17 03:31 PM
169 1234 ...