Just did my April update overnight, looked at my phone this morning and had an alert that the sd card wasnt in, I removed, re-installed my sd card, restarted my phone, still saying its not in the phone. Any ideas?
    04-26-17 12:25 PM
    Was the card Encrypted?
    Have you rebooted your phone?
    Does the card work in a PC or another device (if it wasn't encrypted)? (if so copy the files now)
    Do you have another SD Card you can try in your phone?
    FF22 likes this.
    04-26-17 01:37 PM
    First thing is do the reboot by holding down the on off key until the phone vibrates and then let it up. It may just be the need to reboot to get the update to play nicely with your SD card.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-26-17 03:34 PM
    How was your SD card set up in PRIV: external memory or shared memory?
    04-26-17 04:51 PM
    SD card is mounted as shared memory, Reboot did not help and I have no idea on encryption. Any other ideas?
    04-26-17 05:47 PM
    SD card is mounted as shared memory, Reboot did not help and I have no idea on encryption. Any other ideas?
    Get it out of the phone (dismount) and try it in a computer. If the files are there, back them up to computer. Then you can play with the card or just get a new one.

Good luck.
    04-26-17 06:02 PM
    Get it out of the phone (dismount) and try it in a computer. If the files are there, back them up to computer. Then you can play with the card or just get a new one.

Good luck.
    Ginowine likes this.
    04-26-17 06:03 PM

Good luck.
    The computer doesnt recognize the card either, this card is only a month old, did the update mess it up or is it just a coincidence? I had my last SD card for 4 years. Seems way like a heck of a coincidence to just happen to get messed up during an update.
    04-26-17 06:06 PM
    Hello If it's shared memory it's encrypted. What does your file Manager recognize anything? There is an app in PlayStore called SD insight which basically tells you what type of card you have installed. It's a way if that small app can detect the card. Its tells you manufacturer of card and size.
    04-26-17 06:08 PM
    Hello If it's shared memory it's encrypted. What does your file Manager recognize anything? There is an app in PlayStore called SD insight which basically tells you what type of card you have installed. It's a way if that small app can detect the card. Its tells you manufacturer of card and size.
    ES explorer says /sdcard not found, Ill try to find that app.

If I have to go back to my old card how will that work since I was using it as shared memory?
    04-26-17 06:12 PM
    In settings from above if you go into storage and usb..what shows up?
    04-26-17 06:17 PM
    In settings from above if you go into storage and usb..what shows up?
    It lists my internal storage, underneath that it says: Lexar SD card not insterted, Insight SD also says SD card not found
    04-26-17 06:24 PM
    Hello interesting it recognizes the name. Going to have to search further into how to recover shared memory card in Marshmallow Android device. Getting late. We will continue. Sorry for now..
    04-26-17 06:39 PM
    The computer doesnt recognize the card either, this card is only a month old, did the update mess it up or is it just a coincidence? I had my last SD card for 4 years. Seems way like a heck of a coincidence to just happen to get messed up during an update.
    Well, coincidences to happen but ...

You can try using one of those recovery tools for camera cards. But if you had set it up as "adoptable" storage then you will not be able to recover. The phone should be able to read it even after an update. Cards do go bad. And there are counterfeit cards out there, too.
    04-26-17 07:40 PM
    It lists my internal storage, underneath that it says: Lexar SD card not insterted, Insight SD also says SD card not found
    Hello have been searching for a solution and seems you have a corupt card. @FF22 correct what he mentioned there are a lot lower quality and or fake cards out there that give uses. On my PRIV have installed a Samsung PRO plus 128gb U3 Class 10..its not a cheap card but very reliable on of the top ones. Saying all this because in other forums like Android central and also tomsguide there are more situations like yourself. Nothing to do with the PRIV itself. Since card is encryted did you have enabled sync photos / media with Google then you are OK and any apps you had on card does can recovered. I would try formatting card on your PC and then maybe consider purchasing a another card. That is your choice. Normally if you could convert back to portable storage on PRIV itself from top right menu of internal storage.
    Good luck..and sorry we could not find another solution.

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    04-27-17 07:20 AM
    My priv is fine
    04-27-17 08:26 AM
    You said shared memory, that means you adopted the SD as internal memory. Though rare, during an update to the OS, the encryption key can change. If the SD was pulled out prior to updating, it's pretty much guaranteed. Either the space on the card allocated for manufacturer ID is not encrypted, or the phone just remembers there's supposed to be a Lexar card there.
    If your encryption key is not right, it will exhibit everything you have said. If this is the case, you will never get your data back. The only option you have is to erase the SD and start over. It won't reformat, the computer won't even recognize it, it will take a command line erase command. Then you can reformat it and start over.
    But this time, don't set it up as internal or adopted, it's a really bad idea!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-27-17 10:46 AM
    Well I have had shared memory over 1 year and no issue. That is with a high quality card and fast card no doubt. Not sure but maybe freeing up device memory with the card maybe one reason my PRIV is running so smooth. Nonetheless just do regular backups with connecting to my laptop and also with Google. But it's all a personal decision.
    04-27-17 11:00 AM
    You said shared memory, that means you adopted the SD as internal memory. Though rare, during an update to the OS, the encryption key can change. If the SD was pulled out prior to updating, it's pretty much guaranteed. Either the space on the card allocated for manufacturer ID is not encrypted, or the phone just remembers there's supposed to be a Lexar card there.
    If your encryption key is not right, it will exhibit everything you have said. If this is the case, you will never get your data back. The only option you have is to erase the SD and start over. It won't reformat, the computer won't even recognize it, it will take a command line erase command. Then you can reformat it and start over.
    But this time, don't set it up as internal or adopted, it's a really bad idea!
    How can I erase the card and start over? When it isnt showing up as being installed?
    04-27-17 11:30 AM
    How can I erase the card and start over? When it isnt showing up as being installed?
    You might try doing it the computer first. Then how large is the card? You might want to install MS exFat driver even if the card is smaller that way you are prepared for larger cards. It can be found in the Google Playstore if you search for Blackberry - it shows up.

Then if you can format is computer move to phone and format it again.

Good luck.
    04-27-17 01:25 PM
    You might try doing it the computer first. Then how large is the card? You might want to install MS exFat driver even if the card is smaller that way you are prepared for larger cards. It can be found in the Google Playstore if you search for Blackberry - it shows up.

Then if you can format is computer move to phone and format it again.

Good luck.
    The card is 64GB I already have exFat. The computer doesnt recognize the card either when its plugged in, so is there no way to erase the encrypted stuff and start over?
    04-27-17 01:30 PM
    The card is 64GB I already have exFat. The computer doesnt recognize the card either when its plugged in, so is there no way to erase the encrypted stuff and start over?
    It may be really dead. But I used duck-duck to search for ideas:

How can I format a MicroSD card which is no longer detected after a failed format?

https://www.softwarehow.com/sd-memory-card-error-fix/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-fbf9990d8f85

SD card not recognized - [Solved] - Storage - Tom's Hardware
    04-27-17 01:37 PM
    It may be really dead. But I used duck-duck to search for ideas:

How can I format a MicroSD card which is no longer detected after a failed format?

https://www.softwarehow.com/sd-memory-card-error-fix/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-fbf9990d8f85

SD card not recognized - [Solved] - Storage - Tom's Hardware
    04-27-17 01:40 PM
    I lost a micro sd card to the PRIV, tried everything to get it working again, but no luck.

I was using it for offline Google Play Music playlists, so no data loss to speak of. Pain to go get another.

Check the manufacturer's warranty - most of them come with a 2 year, if not lifetime warranty.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-27-17 03:07 PM
    So next question, I went back to my old SD card, which is set up as external storage, but now since I had the corrupt card set up as adoptable im missing certain things (ringtones being noteable and notification sounds for BBM) that were given to the SD card in adoptable mode, what is the easiest way to get all the files back that I should have on my internal storage? Im assuming a factory reset would do it but I would really like to avoid that if possible because I cant backup right now or im assuming I would back up the phone with missing files on the internal storage. Thanks again in advance
    04-28-17 02:39 PM
41 12