03-20-17 10:22 AM
31 12
tools
    I use my Samsung quick charger and cable because the BlackBerry charger and cable won't charge my priv but will charge other phones 😂
    I did charge my BlackBerry Priv using an s6 quick charger in the past without problems. Since a few weeks I had the same issue the original BlackBerry charge would not charge my phone anymore or super slow (20%) using the whole night. So used again the quick charger of my wife. Ever since I have an issue that my prove is acting weird. My Batt is draining quickly (No excessive heat). Sometimes when I plug it in I see the charging symbol in the little battery icon but the battery animation does not indicate a charging battery (and it actually does really not charge) and since a few days I get 4 thermal heating system messages a Minute after plugging it I to the charger, even the phone is cold. These messages turn everything of, even reception. The phone charges however...
    I definitely believe it had something to do with the quick charging plugs of the Samsung....

I have 6.0.1 Android and never use wireless charging (not supported on my version of Priv 1004)
    03-18-17 03:28 AM
    I did charge my BlackBerry Priv using an s6 quick charger in the past without problems. Since a few weeks I had the same issue the original BlackBerry charge would not charge my phone anymore or super slow (20%) using the whole night. So used again the quick charger of my wife. Ever since I have an issue that my prove is acting weird. My Batt is draining quickly (No excessive heat). Sometimes when I plug it in I see the charging symbol in the little battery icon but the battery animation does not indicate a charging battery (and it actually does really not charge) and since a few days I get 4 thermal heating system messages a Minute after plugging it I to the charger, even the phone is cold. These messages turn everything of, even reception. The phone charges however...
    I definitely believe it had something to do with the quick charging plugs of the Samsung....

I have 6.0.1 Android and never use wireless charging (not supported on my version of Priv 1004)
    Yes... it's been a few days now and I am also having the same issue... QC works but not any other charger. The other chargers do work on my Q10's, and tablet so I know the problem is not w/ the chargers. I have the latest (Feb) security update, AT&T unlocked on AT&T.
    03-18-17 06:30 AM
    I have had few issues since November got stuck in loop of death also start to have charging issues ended up with battery replacement then in February phone died after update to the black screen of death and blue flashing light I would also check the USB connection as I feel this a problem area of the design and weakest link

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 04:25 PM
    I am not sure what happened to my original charger... maybe used to replace a faulty roku power supply??? Anyways, I have switched to Anker and Aukey QC power supplies... I have the QC3, which is backwards compatible to the QC2 on the Priv. They have all the bells and whistles, for less than $20 CAD, on Amazon.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-18-17 08:56 PM
    Have you tried with another charger?

While connected to the charger please try pressing the power button for 15 secs
    03-20-17 03:47 AM
    The charger I got in the box with my priv never worked. Other chargers worked but not that one. However, I too have noticed that with many ongoing processes the priv will not charge. It's just too much drain vs too little gain.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-17 10:22 AM
31 12