Hi guys Yesterday I charged my phone with a samsung s6 quick charger cause I didn't have my charger and I needed to go somewhere asap and once I came home I plugged my phone to its own (priv) charger that came in the box but it doesn't freaking charge I did plugged in the charger at 63% and after a hour I came back and I was shocked to see It was at 55% I checked everything the wire was plugged in correctly it was showing charging and there wasn't even a powercut. And another thing now a days my privs battey sinks very fast I must say fast as hell even I surf fb watch some youtube vids and whenever I game or something even light games it gets hot af enough to burn your hands the location's off I just use wifi and lte sometimes but even if it's closed it doesn't matter its set on LTE/HSPA+/UMTS. HELP ME PLIS
    12-16-16 02:56 AM
    OK well your one big run-on sentence tells me a few things....about your phone.
    One-if you play games and watch videos a lot, your phone is going to heat up. That's how it works.
    Two-wifi is your friend. If you have no signal however, having wifi on makes your battery drain and your phone get hot. Think about signal strength when you go to wifi only.
    Three- have you rebooted your Priv since you used someone else's charger? there is no good reason why your own charger should not work.
    Crazymofo214 and BionicKris like this.
    12-16-16 06:57 AM
    No charger should be able to ruin your device unless the charger was defective. It should still charge using your charger.

If not, try another charger. If your device is defective, then if you have a warranty, you might call BB or carrier. But I might omit the fact you did use another charger - again, that should not have created problems but don't complicate warranty repair.

Good luck.
    Crazymofo214 likes this.
    12-16-16 08:34 AM
    I would definitely try a reboot. I've had occasional problems with wireless charging and a reboot fixed them. The charging system has sensors and driver code and sometimes it just gets confused. I've also had problems with a daydream app that interfered with charging.
    FF22 and Crazymofo214 like this.
    12-16-16 08:38 AM
    Funny, I use an s6 charger for my Priv too and while my original BlackBerry charger does charge my priv, it charges it at 200 Mah vs the 2200. Get on my Samsung charger.
    Crazymofo214 likes this.
    12-16-16 09:17 AM
    Ummm okay I'll try rebooting it but what about the battery drain and heating issues 😯😟😕😖
    12-16-16 11:38 AM
    Ummm okay I'll try rebooting it but what about the battery drain and heating issues ��������
    Are you on the latest OS update as well as the Latest HUB suites apps updates?
    12-16-16 12:02 PM
    Are you on the latest OS update as well as the Latest HUB suites apps updates?
    Yep everything's up to date
    12-16-16 12:28 PM
    Reboot helps reset phone and can help the battery drain and the Heating issue. Also go into Blackberry Virtual Expert app and check out what is affecting your battery.
    12-16-16 01:22 PM
    I just got an update so I started installing it when the battery was 79% and when the update completed after like optimising 113 apps it was hot as hell that I can make an omlet on its back (70°C) and when it finally turned on the battery was 22%. And even tho after this reboot the charger is same it still doesn't charge but it shows that it's charging and the charger used to work before I used the S6 charger.... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?
    12-16-16 11:44 PM
    Try rebooting again after the update.
    Does the wireless charging work?
    12-18-16 08:56 AM
    I did but ni changes ;(
    12-18-16 09:01 AM
    Same issue here. SOLUTION: When battery is not charging or only shows USBcharging when connected into a wall plug, unplug your Priv, turn of GPS, plug the Priv back in and it charges normally! Then turn back on GPS while charging and it keeps charging... Weird though, but works for me ever since...
    BionicKris likes this.
    12-24-16 12:12 PM
    Problem came back. It doesn't charge at all with the original BlackBerry charger... But with my old iPod charger it works, but takes about 12 hours for a full charge. Before it took like 3.5 h :-( And no, the BlackBerry charger is not broken, it works perfectly on my other devices...
    12-29-16 03:58 AM
    Problem came back. It doesn't charge at all with the original BlackBerry charger... But with my old iPod charger it works, but takes about 12 hours for a full charge. Before it took like 3.5 h :-( And no, the BlackBerry charger is not broken, it works perfectly on my other devices...
    I tried it but it still doesn't work anyways I bought the qualcomm 2.0 charger it completes 100% in like 1 & a half hour go ahead abd buy it but in the end battery drain and heating is still a pain in the butt
    12-29-16 05:18 AM
    Ok, will check if I find one. Battery drain and heating is not a problem so far.
    12-29-16 03:50 PM
    I guess mines a defective piece kinda smthng I asked my friends who are haveing priv but it looks like they're good and unfortunately I can't even avail my warranty so I guess I'll have to continue with this only ;_;
    12-29-16 04:03 PM
    Thanks guys for sharing all these experiences. Recently I bought a Priv directly from BB here in Germany (Black Friday offer), but I first needed to get a nano SIM card, and so only today I tried to charge the battery fully.

I used the BB charger that came with the Priv, and all of you can guess: zilch, niente. Desperation, panic, anger.

Right now I�ve plugged it into the USB of my desktop computer, and it�s charging� let�s see if it�s fully charged by the time I wake up tomorrow�

I haven�t been able to update the OS yet (I don�t know why: I just got a failure message), so the phone still has the system on it as it came from BB. Has anybody had experiences with charging after a system update?

Or has anybody had better experiences with other chargers?
    12-29-16 06:06 PM
    Thanks guys for sharing all these experiences. Recently I bought a Priv directly from BB here in Germany (Black Friday offer), but I first needed to get a nano SIM card, and so only today I tried to charge the battery fully.

I used the BB charger that came with the Priv, and all of you can guess: zilch, niente. Desperation, panic, anger.

Right now I�ve plugged it into the USB of my desktop computer, and it�s charging� let�s see if it�s fully charged by the time I wake up tomorrow�

I haven�t been able to update the OS yet (I don�t know why: I just got a failure message), so the phone still has the system on it as it came from BB. Has anybody had experiences with charging after a system update?

I have generally used my Playbook Charger for BB phones for years including the Priv. Also I use a Qi wireless charger (which is slower).

I believe 2A might be what you are shooting for. But look up their new hex-shaped travel charger which can be outfitted with US, Europe, UK plugs - at least you can check the specs to know how much power you are shooting for.
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-29-16 09:09 PM

This issue right out of the box? Send it back!
    12-30-16 12:58 AM
    This issue right out of the box? Send it back!
    I was seriously considering that, until this morning I discovered a weird solution (see my next post). (Well, I am still considering sending it back. Let's wait a bit and see.)
    12-30-16 05:33 AM
    I have generally used my Playbook Charger for BB phones for years including the Priv. Also I use a Qi wireless charger (which is slower).

I believe 2A might be what you are shooting for. But look up their new hex-shaped travel charger which can be outfitted with US, Europe, UK plugs - at least you can check the specs to know how much power you are shooting for.
    Out of desperation I tried something really gross this morning, and it worked: I charged the Priv using the charger of my iPad. And it recharged rather fast too.

Apple to the rescue.

Shameful and absurd. It's unbelievable that BB can't get its own hardware to work with other bits of its own hardware.

In a way Simdj is right that BB deserves to get all these phones returned to them. On the other hand, in other respects the Priv is a nice phone, and then there's this patriotic thing about Canadians supporting Canadian companies, and supporting worldwide industrial diversity and independence by whenever possible not buying things that are made in China (and showing a bit of forgiveness when something isn't 100% as it should be), and the postal expenses of returning the phone to BB, so… perhaps I just will look for a 2A as a backup for the iPad charger.
    12-30-16 05:51 AM
    Out of desperation I tried something really gross this morning, and it worked: I charged the Priv using the charger of my iPad. And it recharged rather fast too.

Apple to the rescue.

Shameful and absurd. It's unbelievable that BB can't get its own hardware to work with other bits of its own hardware.

In a way Simdj is right that BB deserves to get all these phones returned to them. On the other hand, in other respects the Priv is a nice phone, and then there's this patriotic thing about Canadians supporting Canadian companies, and supporting worldwide industrial diversity and independence by whenever possible not buying things that are made in China (and showing a bit of forgiveness when something isn't 100% as it should be), and the postal expenses of returning the phone to BB, so… perhaps I just will look for a 2A as a backup for the iPad charger.
    I definitely agree with you. I like the Priv (preferred the Passport though but I had to change due to some professionally needed apps) and the fact that it's different in many ways compared to Apple, Samsung and so on. I'll give my Priv an other chance and will buy a quick charger 2.0...
    12-30-16 07:05 AM

Apple to the rescue.

I use my Samsung quick charger and cable because the BlackBerry charger and cable won't charge my priv but will charge other phones 😂
    12-30-16 09:05 AM
    My Priv and Passport chargers are charging without a problem. But I once had problem with the micro usb head of a charger on another Blackberry. I bit the micro usb head a little bit to tighten up the grip when plugging into the phone. That sorted it out.

Posted from my  Passport
    FF22 and jakie55 like this.
    12-30-16 12:43 PM
31 12