Yeah same here I don't think have a case. It's completely naked and I get this no Sim card message randomly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Have you ever dropped the phone on a hard surface? Just asking because you say you DON'T use a case.
    01-04-16 09:03 AM
    I'm getting this error a lot more today and when I do get the error, I lose my connectivity to my carrier. I'm at work and not on WIFI so the only way to restore the connection it is to reboot the phone. This is not good at all. Will have to go see Rogers to see if I can get a new SIM to try out.

EDIT: If I re-seat the SIM card, I can get my carrier connectivity back. Very frustrating though. What is going on.
    01-04-16 12:46 PM
    01-04-16 12:52 PM
    I'm getting this error a lot more today and when I do get the error, I lose my connectivity to my carrier. I'm at work and not on WIFI so the only way to restore the connection it is to reboot the phone. This is not good at all. Will have to go see Rogers to see if I can get a new SIM to try out.

EDIT: If I re-seat the SIM card, I can get my carrier connectivity back. Very frustrating though. What is going on.
    As I mentioned above, I had the same problem and it was also with Rogers, albeit an iPhone. It was the SIM reader that was faulty, not the SIM card itself, and it was determined that it could not be fixed. I had the same thing, would lose a call in the middle of the conversation with the same error and had to restart the phone to fix it. Exact same thing.
    01-04-16 12:55 PM
    As I mentioned above, I had the same problem and it was also with Rogers, albeit an iPhone. It was the SIM reader that was faulty, not the SIM card itself, and it was determined that it could not be fixed. I had the same thing, would lose a call in the middle of the conversation with the same error and had to restart the phone to fix it. Exact same thing.
    I'll have to take this up with ShopBlackBerry then as it was bought direct from them... bah.
    01-04-16 05:59 PM
    I just had the same problem! When I removed the Sim slot it was empty now the phone works fine however, I have no Sim tray in it!
    I figured I leave it like that and just keep the phone for as long it last but decided to call in for a replacement .

Anyone know a way to save all keyboard shortcuts and settings?

01-04-16 06:22 PM
    I've been having this issue for the past couple days too. Do you think it has to do w the update that occurred on Jan 1st? Either way, can somebody just give me a clear suggestion or direction? My phone is new, Dec 22nd, new, Bell carrier.

Do I take this back or start to troubleshoot?

Thanks, Tanya

01-04-16 06:52 PM
    Also have you tried using the same SIM card in another phone to see if it's the network, the phone or the card?
    01-04-16 10:20 PM
    Maybe I found the reason of this "No SIM card" error. In my case it happens when I "press" the SIM tray (for example when taking the phone from table with two fingers, first placed on top left and second on bottom left of the phone). The finger on the top of the phone "pushes" the SIM tray little bit in and the error appears. It is much more reproducible with the case (original flip wallet case from BB).

The solution for me was to press the SIM tray as much as possible in the phone (for examle with small screwdriver) so it gets little bit under the "surface" of top of the phone. Since then I have never seen this error again.
    01-05-16 02:42 AM
    I called into BlackBerry and opened up a ticket for my device. They did the usual troubleshooting stuff etc... and I'll be calling them back as soon as the SIM error shows up again. I think they'll simply send out a new phone to replace it as they suggested it's likely a hardware issue.
    01-05-16 07:55 AM
    I called into BlackBerry and opened up a ticket for my device. They did the usual troubleshooting stuff etc... and I'll be calling them back as soon as the SIM error shows up again. I think they'll simply send out a new phone to replace it as they suggested it's likely a hardware issue.
    If you can borrow another Rogers phone from someone and use your SIM card to see if you experience this problem, that would be a good thing to do in the meantime. If you do, then it could be a network issue.
    01-05-16 08:11 AM
    If you can borrow another Rogers phone from someone and use your SIM card to see if you experience this problem, that would be a good thing to do in the meantime. If you do, then it could be a network issue.
    Good point, I can try my wife's iPhone 5S SIM as it's a nano SIM card as well.
    01-05-16 09:19 AM
    I ran out to the local Rogers store today and got them to replace the SIM. We'll see how it holds up. BlackBerry is keeping my ticket open for a couple of days to see how it goes with a new SIM. We'll see... I don't think the new SIM will make much difference.
    01-05-16 10:31 AM
    I have not had the error for 17 days (since Dec 19th). I wish I could tell you what I did or did not do. I did have the Blackberry flip/portfolio case on it which I removed because of personal preference. I did get the error after removing it from the case, so I do not think that was the solution. My network settings are currently "LTE&4G/3G&2G" I never changed this setting. Sometime around the 19th I did however do a "hard reboot". Simulates a battery pull. Just had to hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Not sure if this was a fix or just a coincidence.

I hope for you all the problem solves itself like it did for me, because I absolutely love the phone.

Twis
    01-05-16 12:40 PM
    Still crossing my fingers this doesn't happen to me.
    AT&T here.
    01-05-16 02:36 PM
    I had the issue, and it just disappeared, hasn't happened for like a month now, my buddy just got one and it started happening 2 weeks after he got the phone, now he says it has t happened in 4 days, I wonder if it's just a glitch, that settles after a few weeks ?? Very weird

01-05-16 02:40 PM
    Well, new SIM has been fine since it was put in. But it's early days... we'll see by this time tomorrow.

Heh... the "glitch"... made me think of this:

Priv No SIM card error-f0d8e37c1414b779e23a6f658ad6d8f9.jpg
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    01-05-16 03:37 PM
    I just got back from the Bell store, they've put a new sim card in....fingers crossed.

If it starts again, I'm calling BlackBerry to open my own ticket.

01-05-16 05:15 PM
    Man I'm almost 100% positive it's software issue now. It can't be SIM or Hardware problem because if it is it would happen all the time and not to happen one day and disappears on the other.

01-05-16 07:56 PM
    I don't know, if it was hardware yes, you would think it would be continual, but hard to say

01-06-16 10:57 AM
    Well, new SIM has been fine since it was put in. But it's early days... we'll see by this time tomorrow.
    Well, just an update for this thread, still no SIM errors since the new SIM went in. So far, so good...
    01-07-16 06:53 AM
    Well, just an update for this thread, still no SIM errors since the new SIM went in. So far, so good...
    How's it going? Any more errors?
    01-11-16 09:00 AM
    How's it going? Any more errors?
    Nope - still fine ever since. Must have been a dud SIM. So weird.
    01-11-16 05:41 PM
    Nope - still fine ever since. Must have been a dud SIM. So weird.
    Thank goodness. I started my experience of the Priv with a brand new nano SIM from AT&T, and I haven't had the issue yet. Guess I'm glad!

01-12-16 01:09 AM
    Exchanging the phone as a loose sim tray may be the Issue. Will see how it goes once I get a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 10:01 AM
165 12345 ...