Just make sure to pay your bill to your carrier.. If your carrier block your sim, the error will came out..

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 05:10 AM
    I had this problem earlier I believe it was related to a wake lock greenery was causing; due to how it works on stock I guess. I could be wrong but deleted greenery and haven't had the problem since. Also I changed preferred network type to lte 4g and 3g.(second option)
    12-27-15 08:20 PM
    *greenify
    12-27-15 08:21 PM
    Hi all, I got a Priv on Nov 13th and I absolutely love it. Great toy. Great tool. Battery life awesome. With 1-2 hours per day streaming audio books to my car and another 2-3 hours streaming slacker radio at my desk and about 6 accounts in the hub; battery is still almost always > 50% at bed time (11PM) after unplugging it starting at 6:30AM.

The only problem I have is an intermittently recurring �No SIM card� error. It started 7 days after I got the phone. I would look at the phone and see the error, but the device had already reconnected to the SIM and was working again. Once I did have a call dropped because the SIM was lost but within about a minute it was found again. Problem occurs maybe 6 times a week. I have taken out and cleaned the Bell SIM card twice. SIM card was new with the phone. On Dec 5th I went and bought a second Bell SIM card praying the problem was just with the SIM. Unfortunately I have had the error 3 times since then.

I am so happy with the device, I have it setup just the way I like. Am hoping I do not have to do a warranty swap/repair. My Google search suggests this problem is NOT common with the Priv but there were some issues on the Passport.

Is anybody else having this issue?

Any S/W or settings solutions I can try before reaching out to BlackBerry?

I always find that Forum support trumps Vendor support so I turned here first. Everybody knows the CrackBerry community is fantastic.

If I do have to go through a warranty repair/replace does anybody have any experience? Am I going to be able to deal directly with Bell or are they going to send me to BlackBerry?

Thanks

Twis
    Sim port or Sim tray me be damaged!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-28-15 01:10 AM
    My problem was resolved after doing a complete system wipe. It can be little painful and time consuming but it worked for me. I was getting the message almost every 30 minutes now it's been almost 24 hours and never seen the message again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-28-15 11:23 AM
    My problem was resolved after doing a complete system wipe. It can be little painful and time consuming but it worked for me. I was getting the message almost every 30 minutes now it's been almost 24 hours and never seen the message again.

Congratulations! Now hopefully you can fully enjoy all the Priv has to offer without that annoying message.
    12-28-15 11:35 AM
    I guess I spoke to soon, after 48 hours the issue is back again. Not sure really if it's an issue with the Sim card or an issue with the phone (hardware or software). My brother with the same carrier virgin and never had this issue until recently. So both of us are having this issue now.

12-30-15 08:47 PM
    I wish I could help you somehow. I've had my AT&T priv for a week without any SIM messages. :\
    12-31-15 12:29 AM
    I guess I spoke to soon, after 48 hours the issue is back again. Not sure really if it's an issue with the Sim card or an issue with the phone (hardware or software). My brother with the same carrier virgin and never had this issue until recently. So both of us are having this issue now.

Sounds more like carrier issue?
    12-31-15 12:32 AM
    I've had my Priv since 2nd week of launch (Amazon) and now I"m getting the no sim card error. I've had it maybe 5 times. Really annoying when you are on a phone call. I have not tried to reseat SIM at all, it's been there since day one. I wonder how to troubleshoot hardware vs software....
    12-31-15 08:17 PM
    Hmmmm - I just started getting this error yesterday... and it wants to reboot. Just happened now - here are the screenshots:

Priv No SIM card error-screenshot_2016-01-01-19-10-55.jpgPriv No SIM card error-screenshot_2016-01-01-19-11-18.jpg

What is going on?

EDIT: I re-seated my SIM, first time doing that since putting it in for the first time. We'll see how it goes. Will give Rogers a call to see if they have any idea.
    01-01-16 06:12 PM
    Hmmmm - I just started getting this error yesterday... and it wants to reboot. Just happened now - here are the screenshots:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-01-19-10-55.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	386331Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-01-19-11-18.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	386332

What is going on?

EDIT: I re-seated my SIM, first time doing that since putting it in for the first time. We'll see how it goes. Will give Rogers a call to see if they have any idea.
    Same problem here with? Virgin mobile

The Sim card message will start to show up after a little while and keeps on appearing on the screen in very annoying way.

Attached Thumbnails Priv No SIM card error-99.jpg  
    01-01-16 08:07 PM
    Bought 2 Privs from corporate Telus store on release day here, Nov 6. Wife's has always been fine.

Was having no SIM error a lot. Also had slightly blown phone speaker so eventually took it for repairs. They gave me a new replacement with brand new SIM.

Getting error on new Priv, albeit less than my original. BTW had network set to LTE/HSPA+/UMTS only on first Priv. Just realized forgot to do that on new Priv. Changed now, but guess hasn't been relevant.

I'll try physically adjusting SIM slot as others suggested.
    01-02-16 04:57 PM
    LoL...
    Got this while I was typing out my last post even!

Attached Thumbnails Priv No SIM card error-10555.jpg  
    techvisor likes this.
    01-02-16 05:00 PM
    I used to have my "Preferred network type" set to "LTE&4G/3G" but see it's now set to "LTE&4G/3G/2G". I don't think I changed that but maybe it popped back to that when I re-seated the SIM? I have not seen the SIM error since re-seating... we'll see if that keeps up. Won't change anything yet.

EDIT: Spoke too soon - saw the SIM error tonight... sigh...
    Last edited by shabbs; 01-02-16 at 09:44 PM.
    01-02-16 06:58 PM
    I used to have my "Preferred network type" set to "LTE&4G/3G" but see it's now set to "LTE&4G/3G/2G". I don't think I changed that but maybe it popped back to that when I re-seated the SIM? I have not seen the SIM error since re-seating... we'll see if that keeps up. Won't change anything yet.

EDIT: Spoke too soon - saw the SIM error tonight... sigh...
    It doesn't seem to happen all the time, it shows up sometime and disappears on another. It makes me believe it's a carrier issue rather a phone problem.

I don't know

01-03-16 10:46 AM
    I am kind of glad I am not alone with this one. I got my Priv more than three weeks ago and it was absolutely flawless since maybe a week ago.

It first happened when I pulled the device out of my leather pocket only to be greeted by a PIN entry screen. At first I thought the device rebooted itself, but that hasn't been the case.

Up until today, the problem appears completely random. Sometimes it happens two times in a row within just a couple of minutes timeframe, sometimes nothing happens at all for about two days, sometimes it only happens once per day.

As with many of you, my SIM card is rather new and hasn't caused any problems with two different phones I tried it with.

Maybe the issue might really be connected to the OEM cases/holsters with magnets built-in, so far it only happened on my Priv after taking it out of the OEM leather pocket.

Carrier is Vodafone Germany btw. and I am using the suggested "LTE/4G-3G/2G" ever since.
    01-03-16 01:20 PM
    FWIW - I don't have any sort of case/holster on my PRIV.
    01-03-16 09:14 PM
    Yeah same here I don't think have a case. It's completely naked and I get this no Sim card message randomly.

01-03-16 09:24 PM
    I'm roaming. Been away for a week and now every few minutes it tells me no sim card then new sim card detected, please restart and then asks me to allow roaming. Over and over and over again. Driving me crazy. Also tells me two of my email accounts aren't working yet they are. Getting very frustrating.

01-03-16 09:54 PM
    I had this problem not with a Priv but with a Rogers iPhone 5S. It was maddening. My workaround was to either tap the side of the phone where the SIM slot is located on a hard surface or hard reboot the phone. Eventually it got to the point that it was happening in the middle of a call so I went to Apple and Rogers and was told that it is the SIM SLOT not the card (the reader). I ended up getting a new phone because they said it couldn't be repaired and will get worse. Are you able to get a new Priv?
    01-03-16 10:48 PM
    I had this problem not with a Priv but with a Rogers iPhone 5S. It was maddening. My workaround was to either tap the side of the phone where the SIM slot is located on a hard surface or hard reboot the phone. Eventually it got to the point that it was happening in the middle of a call so I went to Apple and Rogers and was told that it is the SIM SLOT not the card (the reader). I ended up getting a new phone because they said it couldn't be repaired and will get worse. Are you able to get a new Priv?
    Based on my limited knowledge with this issue, even when it shows no Sim card detected I'm still able to send and receive call and browse the Internet. So it's not like it's not working because of that it's just the stupid message.

01-03-16 11:01 PM
    A couple of people here already got their units exchanged and for some the problem appeared again after a while on the replacement devices. So I am not sure if this is really a hardware only issue.
    01-04-16 08:34 AM
    I also had this occur when I first got phone. It hasn't happened in over a month. Not sure why. It's happened in Samsung phones too

01-04-16 08:59 AM
    You have to call BlackBerry support

01-04-16 09:00 AM
165 1234 ...