View Poll Results: Do you want BlackBerry to bring the BB10 clock as well as BlackBerry Blend to the PRIV?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, PRIV needs those apps asap

24 88.89%
  • No, i don't need it

3 11.11%
    Specifically about Blend they said they would not bring it to priv unless they see a lot more use of it in BB10.
    So if you want it, buy a Passport and it may come to Priv, some day ;-)
    Yeah they did indicate in that one interview that Blend was currently not in the works.....

Even though Blend was suppose to be part of the new BlackBerry Experience Suite. Of course no one is talking about the BBE anymore....

BLEND would help differentiate BlackBerry from other Android OEMs. And it is an App that appeals to BlackBerry's core business users. But to people that don't even use a PC anymore... not so much.
    12-21-15 08:05 AM
    Yeah they did indicate in that one interview that Blend was currently not in the works.....

Even though Blend was suppose to be part of the new BlackBerry Experience Suite. Of course no one is talking about the BBE anymore....

BLEND would help differentiate BlackBerry from other Android OEMs. And it is an App that appeals to BlackBerry's core business users. But to people that don't even use a PC anymore... not so much.
    I use it in conjunction with my Android Samsung Tab S as well as my PC. It is very useful that way, too.
    12-21-15 09:02 AM
    Blend is a huge selling point!

Clock with Bedside mode would make the transfer fro BB10 a little easier. I know BB is tight on resources, but I sure hope they are considering this.
    12-21-15 09:28 AM
    I seriously doubt that BlackBerry is going to be putting any development effort towards making a clock or Blend. These are things that existing BlackBerry users may prefer but they aren't the type of things that attract existing Android users or new smartphone customers in general.

Adding features to attract BB10 users wouldn't make much sense because they aren't new customers. They probably figure that BB10 users are going to make the switch eventually, anyway. Hanging on to an ever shrinking pool of existing customers is simply not a viable strategy.
    Last edited by early2bed; 12-21-15 at 10:02 AM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-21-15 09:40 AM
    I loved Blend as well. In truth, I'd love to see a form of it on iOS too.
    12-21-15 10:57 AM
    I use it in conjunction with my Android Samsung Tab S as well as my PC. It is very useful that way, too.
    I tried it on my Windows Tablet and didn't like the performance hit.... but then on Windows it was installing the full program. Not sure what the difference would be with just an apps.
    12-21-15 11:12 AM
    I seriously doubt that BlackBerry is going to be putting any development effort towards making a clock or Blend. These are things that existing BlackBerry users may prefer but they aren't the type of things that attract existing Android users or new smartphone customers in general.

Adding features to attract BB10 users wouldn't make much sense because they aren't new customers. They probably figure that BB10 users are going to make the switch eventually, anyway. Hanging on to an ever shrinking pool of existing customers is simply not a viable strategy.
    While that is true, what made them great is still viable in an Android world. BlackBerry has always been good at adding little things that make their apps great. Bedside mode makes a simple way to automatically change the notification profile and dim the display. You can accomplish those things in other ways in Android, but it's about how simple BlackBerry made it. I don't want to have to do several things just to prep my phone for bed.

As for Blend, it has the potential to really be a selling point, not just to satisfy existing BB10 users. It is a very cool and productive feature made simple. The fact you can do several other things on Android to approximate it is good, but it doesn't do it in a simple and cohesive way.

Just as BB10 was missing certain things when it came out, I believe BB will eventually add in features and apps where it makes sense. I think these two apps are good examples of things that should come. Most non-BB users don't care about those features because they haven't experienced them. BlackBerry might be saying they are all about privacy and security, but most BB fans love them for productivity, so they should continue to push in that direction too.
    FF22, Mecca EL and Carmels like this.
    12-21-15 11:31 AM
    I tried it on my Windows Tablet and didn't like the performance hit.... but then on Windows it was installing the full program. Not sure what the difference would be with just an apps.
    Well, there is certainly a BLEND hit in Win7.

PRIV needs BlackBerry10 Clock and Blend-blend.jpg
    12-21-15 11:35 AM
    i guess true bedside mode would be a bigger system change that most users would guess... so i cant really see them implementing something like that anytime soon and they should focus more on other things imo as well. Androids priority mode is a ok work around imo.

I havent really used blend that much because i couldnt get a wireless blend connection working at work and i didnt bother to bring a usb cable... Since most of my stuff (email, calendar, notes) is synced anyway, i would be using it only for sms. and there are solution for that on android.

I understand why many could miss this, it is a cool and productive feature to have but i can understand why its not planned at the moment on the android front.
    12-21-15 11:39 AM
    Would love to see that BB10 clock
    12-21-15 01:30 PM
    I don't mind the clock, I'm fine with BlackBerry not having their own flavor of an app if there are solid alternatives (clock, file manager, etc.)

Blend is the biggest thing I miss from BB10. Would love to have that back.
    12-21-15 01:40 PM
    I guess most people coming from a BlackBerry10 device miss the clock app as well as the amazing ability to see all your content via blend on any tablet or pc.

Since BlackBerry said they will develop apps in regards to the demand i thought about bringing up this poll to see how many people need those apps as well.
    I miss something as simple as the Blackberry 10 Calculator!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-21-15 01:50 PM
    productivity suite would be amazing - assume the Hub and the BB10 keyboard on iOS - would be amazing.

and also the keyboard needs the autodetect feature for up to 3 languages - really missing this feature
    plus we need to manually change the keyboardlayout form qwertz to qwerty or azerty
    Last keyboard update a few days ago added multiple language support. Works flawlessly with up to three languages.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    12-21-15 01:53 PM
    Definitely Blend, and the pictures, music and video apps as well. In that order of priority.
    12-21-15 02:06 PM
    Blend, sure. Clock? Nah. There's a billion of those.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    12-21-15 03:17 PM
    Definitely Blend, and the pictures, music and video apps as well. In that order of priority.
    I can't help but feel that even BlackBerry doesn't know exactly what they will do. They're playing it by ear too, at this point. If the Priv does extremely well, it would make sense that they keep pushing Android devices and then it would make sense that they keep adding to their software offerings within the Android ecosystem.

If the Priv doesn't do as well as they hope, it would still make sense to bring some of their software over to Android if they can find a way to monetize it properly. Would people pay a subscription for Blend? Some, probably, if it has a bunch of nice features added to it that make it worth the value. I don't see anyone paying for the BlackBerry clock so that's probably a lost cause. Unless everything else gets brought over from BB10 and the developers at BlackBerry don't have anything better to do, I doubt you'll see the clock again without going back to your BB10 device.
    12-21-15 03:51 PM
    At this point, we don't even know if they have BB10 developers working on any new features anymore. So for all intents and purposes, they are focusing on Android development.

If they want to make their phones unique in the Android world, it wouldn't hurt to port as many things over as they can but only if they feel like they can do it better than what's out there already. They certainly won't make a whole lot of money off of these things, but if it might improve the overall experience for people buying their phones and they have the resources to do it, then why not?

But yes, there is totally a priority order of things to tackle and we're probably not going to see any frills for the better part of a year.
    12-22-15 08:53 AM
    I can get by with the basic clock that comes installed. What I'd love to see would be Blend, a BlackBerry file manager, and a picture gallery. While I currently use ASUS's file manager as that and a gallery, I'd rather one built by BlackBerry. At least then I'd trust that it isn't just looking through all of my files and uploading my stuff behind my back. I dunno. I miss that aspect of BB10.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv.
    12-22-15 09:00 AM
    Push bullet is a decent alternative.

They only really need to make the simplistic remote file access part available from the native BB10 file manager.

Clock, there is no point.
    I use a combination of an app galled Glimmer ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....vuxia.glimmer ) and the priority settings for the bedside mode.
    And to simply activate all that, I programmed an NFC tag thats right next to my phone dock.
    It works pretty much flawlessly.
    12-22-15 07:47 PM
    I just downloaded Timely after you mentioning it. Its a very good second

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 08:21 PM

Completely disagree, everyone (noth IOS and anderdoid) I tell about Bland, thinks its a great idea and they all with they had it.
    12-22-15 08:28 PM
    Blend for the Priv would be a major game-changer! I would really like to see that happen.

via the CrackBerry App for Andr... for the BlackBerry Priv
    12-22-15 08:46 PM
47 12