I have had my Priv for almost a month now, and let me tell you how it is going.

Not a bad phone, but the more I work with it the more limitation come to the surface.
    The new update was good, but it fixed somethings but caused other problems.
    Did have a problem with the key board, but the phone was swapped out. No issues since.
    Might be going back to my Passport.....but will give it another month.

As for sales numbers, while I too want this phone to fly. I am hearing a few issues that worry me.

The big retailers are not ordering in bulk, but a few at a time. This is because they don't want to be stuck should the phone bomb.

This gives and opening for other Android phones. A new person to BB comes in looking for a Priv, sorry we are out of stock. But and here is the important part, I have a Galaxy that is just as good and its on sale........in stock!

This is what could hurt BB, people who have a BB device and are looking for an upgrade will wait. People who are just looking or thinking will not.

One other thing.....did I mention more advertising..............lots more...........NOW!

Time to put the phone on sale as Galaxy has and is advertising the fact that they are, its a game and BB needs to be more nimble in the fight.
    NtotheK likes this.
    12-05-15 03:54 PM
    The Priv has been on the market for a month and it hasn't even been released in some countries yet. It's not even in wide release in the US due to the exclusive agreement with AT&T. I'd say it's a little too early to speculate on what blackberry should be doing differently. Give them some time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    12-05-15 04:02 PM
    Well I thought it was nuts for them to charge what they did to begin with being that it was their first attempt at android with a pkb and going up against other phones that were slightly better but already well recognized. They should have made it a little more affordable bait some people in then later on down the road if when they release a second device maybe charge a little more after you hooked some people on your line.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 04:11 PM
    I agree with you 100%. Sort of like what google did with their nexus line.

N95->ip1->N97->9700->ip4->sensation xe->one x->s3->9780->note2->z10->z30->passport
    12-05-15 04:40 PM
    Didn't they say they were going to launch an agressive marketing campaign?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    12-05-15 07:51 PM
    Some valid points here. But, from a financial stand point. It wouldn't be prudent for BlackBerry to put their FIRST Android on sale, so soon, would it?
    12-05-15 08:00 PM
    Why are we talking about discounts when amazon can't even keep the Priv in stock at full retail? It seems that BlackBerry's problem right now is supply, not demand.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    12-05-15 08:26 PM
    That's because they seem to make 5 handsets a week

Posted via CB10
    saxxman and bp2k7 like this.
    12-05-15 08:37 PM
    Had my Priv about 2 weeks. Love the apps access. Uber, expedia, etc. I travel a lot. Frustrating the hub only works intermittently. Battery drains really quickly. Keyboard swipe down doesn't always bring up the screen keys, phone occasionally answers in mute with no way to un-mute before the caller hangs up. Really hope these are short term problems with quick fixes as I have 2 more weeks to return and use my passport again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-05-15 08:39 PM
    I have had my Priv for almost a month now, and let me tell you how it is going.

Not a bad phone, but the more I work with it the more limitation come to the surface.
    The new update was good, but it fixed somethings but caused other problems.
    Did have a problem with the key board, but the phone was swapped out. No issues since.
    Might be going back to my Passport.....but will give it another month.

As for sales numbers, while I too want this phone to fly. I am hearing a few issues that worry me.

The big retailers are not ordering in bulk, but a few at a time. This is because they don't want to be stuck should the phone bomb.

This gives and opening for other Android phones. A new person to BB comes in looking for a Priv, sorry we are out of stock. But and here is the important part, I have a Galaxy that is just as good and its on sale........in stock!

This is what could hurt BB, people who have a BB device and are looking for an upgrade will wait. People who are just looking or thinking will not.

One other thing.....did I mention more advertising..............lots more...........NOW!

Time to put the phone on sale as Galaxy has and is advertising the fact that they are, its a game and BB needs to be more nimble in the fight.
    How did the update fix some things, but cause other problems? That's quite the generic statement. What problems are you talking about?
    12-05-15 09:21 PM
    Sorry about that, some apps now open slower.....such as The Weather Channel.......and a Stock App I use. I am waiting for the Apps to update to see.
    12-06-15 12:18 PM
    I would agree with you, but in this market....Price is King. People are looking for a bargain or perceived bargain. Even a few bucks off would go a long way.
    12-06-15 12:21 PM
    Yes and no........supply is not the problem. Retailers are not ordering in bulk. I called a friend who works for Amazon in the supply chain. He told me they order a small amount and when it goes order more, this way if demand slows they only have a few hand. That said demand is good, but factor out the BB guys wait. Then I hope the real numbers hold. THEY NEED TO advertise.............................
    12-06-15 12:24 PM