Today is a sad day for many of us, but we knew, the hardware business is done. It's a new Software era for Blackberry

But, I remember first time i got a Blackberry, the 8800, Blackberry didn't even exist in my country. Until Blackberry I was jumping from brand to brand, Blackberry was the first phone brand that got me buying the same brand again and again.

with early Blackberry devices I felt more productive than other brands, I felt that I could do more email, sms, calls within the same time compared to other phones. The PKB to me still is so much better than typing on glass. But even with my priv, I feel that Android just doesn't have the same core prioritys than older Blackberry running blackberry OS'es.

I felt that BB10 had all the capabilities of doing all the "fun" stuff that Android and iOS have, but still having a priority in comunication and day to day business that the competition didn't have. The hub was an exceptional comunication apps tool, multilanguage autocorrect was smarter than in Android too.

With that, I think the priv will be my last blackberry, it was a nice adventure, but the new rebranded Alcatels running Android don't give me "enought Blackberry", I don't feel any more productive than with any other Android or iOS device. Plus, security isn't really a main concern for what I do with my phone, so I don't think I'm taking advantage in that specific feature that makes the rebranded Alcatel's more expensive. Neither does the apps.

We always "overpaid" for Blackberry phones, buying them for absurd prices at launch, but I felt that I was getting something extra that I didn't get in other phones, today I feel that I'm still overpaying, but I'm not getting much. I still miss my passport, Q10, 8800, 8900, 9700, 9900, etc in a way I don't think I'll miss the priv.

Hope Blackberry manages to be healthy for the future, and who knows, maybe make phones in the future again

(I'm not against New Alcatel rebranded phones, they don't do it for me, just for me, I fully understand other users that can take advantages of the software features that Blackberry inputs in these phones)
    09-28-16 11:31 AM
    Some here probably feel their Passport was the last BlackBerry... For others it was the 9900.

Whatever it was for you, at least you have that.
    09-28-16 11:37 AM
    Some here probably feel their Passport was the last BlackBerry... For others it was the 9900.

Whatever it was for you, at least you have that.
    Yep, that's right, this are my feelings, I'm sure some people feel the same way, and some people feel the other way, and I'm glad there's people that feel the other way, because I want Blackberry to succeed even if it's not my way
    09-28-16 11:47 AM
    It's a sad day for all of us diehards; but then again, I have felt this coming for the last 3 years. Will still hold on to the bitter end. Will continue to use my devices until it is no longer feasible. I hope, regardless of who builds it, there is a pkb device in BlackBerry's future. I am not ready to go full slab.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 11:47 AM
    Z30 is my last BB!
    09-28-16 11:49 AM
    Z30 is my last BB!
    You should try the passport. To me the best Blackberry ever built for the following reasons:

-Felt really solid in had, felt expensive
    -Had network signal in places no other phones had
    -Had wifi signal in places no other phones had
    -Battery life was amazing, better than the priv with amoled screen and similar battery size
    -Wide Screen was the best for web browsing and reading emails
    -It was an attention graber in a good way, people asking what it was.
    -Despite running a slower processor, passport felt smoother and had less app crashes than my Priv, just had more performance headroom

If BB10 still does enough for you, give it a try
    I moved to Android, because I work in movie production industry, and BB10 wouldn't connect to cameras for example, I even had an spare iphone 4 just for that. Also had trouble with straming apps
    bigedschukar and JG_Agustin like this.
    09-28-16 12:03 PM
    I did spend some time with the Passport's keyboard and decided it wasn't for me. The screen would have been nice, but overall I'm happy with the Z30.

I'm sure BlackBerry and their manufacturing partners will be hard at work designing great phones with excellent multimedia, camera and audio features. <sarcasm>
    newcollector likes this.
    09-28-16 12:18 PM
    Like so many have been saying, BB10 is now dead as far as a new device is concerned. It was a great OS but was killed by too little too late as far as meaningful app support.

Now it is BlackDroid. I feel privileged to have owned the last BlackBerry made BB10 device, the Passport, and the first and last Android BlackBerry device.

BlackBerry made beautifully designed and tough devices. Their durability put iPhones to shame. Sadly but necessarily it has come to an end.

Let us hope that BlackBerry has a lot to say about the build quality of the coming partner devices. Long live BlackBerry!!!
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    09-28-16 12:30 PM
    You should try the passport. To me the best Blackberry ever built for the following reasons:

-Felt really solid in had, felt expensive
    -Had network signal in places no other phones had
    -Had wifi signal in places no other phones had
    -Battery life was amazing, better than the priv with amoled screen and similar battery size
    -Wide Screen was the best for web browsing and reading emails
    -It was an attention graber in a good way, people asking what it was.
    -Despite running a slower processor, passport felt smoother and had less app crashes than my Priv, just had more performance headroom

If BB10 still does enough for you, give it a try
    I moved to Android, because I work in movie production industry, and BB10 wouldn't connect to cameras for example, I even had an spare iphone 4 just for that. Also had trouble with straming apps
    Agree...and the Passport IS my last BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    09-28-16 12:35 PM
    Chances are that any BlackBerry smartphone would be your last BlackBerry.
    09-28-16 12:42 PM
    Chances are that any BlackBerry smartphone would be your last BlackBerry.
    My BlackBerry Z30 might be might just be my last smartphone.
    09-28-16 01:35 PM
    Okay, they use hardware from others. That isn't necessarily bad. Perhaps BlackBerry return to their own OS10 (as a niche business line) as soon as they get out of the red numbers, or at least they work at their Android version to add more and more BlackBerry specifications.

Posted via CB10
    newcollector likes this.
    09-28-16 02:41 PM
    see ya, will love having my mercury when its released.
    09-28-16 02:46 PM
    Okay, they use hardware from others. That isn't necessarily bad. Perhaps BlackBerry return to their own OS10 (as a niche business line) as soon as they get out of the red numbers, or at least they work at their Android version to add more and more BlackBerry specifications.

Posted via CB10
    It can be good or bad, depending on the point of view. For people that look for a more "traditional" smartphone with some Blackberry features, outsourcing hardware is good.

But if you're looking for a Quirky or PKB device, that not be so good, and that's what set BB appart for me
    09-28-16 03:41 PM
    see ya, will love having my mercury when its released.
    Hope you enjoy it and keep supporting the new are of BB
    09-28-16 03:41 PM
    Sadly I went for the Priv having liked the passport a lot more... now I wonder if the device will go to seed with no updates to android blocked by that shameful bunch at BlackBerry... I feel scammed to the max with $1000 of dead Hardware by design & nobody left to hold responsable... not Canada's finest...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-16 03:43 PM
    Today is a sad day for many of us, but we knew, the hardware business is done. It's a new Software era for Blackberry

But, I remember first time i got a Blackberry, the 8800, Blackberry didn't even exist in my country. Until Blackberry I was jumping from brand to brand, Blackberry was the first phone brand that got me buying the same brand again and again.

with early Blackberry devices I felt more productive than other brands, I felt that I could do more email, sms, calls within the same time compared to other phones. The PKB to me still is so much better than typing on glass. But even with my priv, I feel that Android just doesn't have the same core prioritys than older Blackberry running blackberry OS'es.

I felt that BB10 had all the capabilities of doing all the "fun" stuff that Android and iOS have, but still having a priority in comunication and day to day business that the competition didn't have. The hub was an exceptional comunication apps tool, multilanguage autocorrect was smarter than in Android too.

With that, I think the priv will be my last blackberry, it was a nice adventure, but the new rebranded Alcatels running Android don't give me "enought Blackberry", I don't feel any more productive than with any other Android or iOS device. Plus, security isn't really a main concern for what I do with my phone, so I don't think I'm taking advantage in that specific feature that makes the rebranded Alcatel's more expensive. Neither does the apps.

We always "overpaid" for Blackberry phones, buying them for absurd prices at launch, but I felt that I was getting something extra that I didn't get in other phones, today I feel that I'm still overpaying, but I'm not getting much. I still miss my passport, Q10, 8800, 8900, 9700, 9900, etc in a way I don't think I'll miss the priv.

Hope Blackberry manages to be healthy for the future, and who knows, maybe make phones in the future again

(I'm not against New Alcatel rebranded phones, they don't do it for me, just for me, I fully understand other users that can take advantages of the software features that Blackberry inputs in these phones)
    I need evidence the "software Era" is to be anything other than short lived...

09-28-16 03:45 PM
    I need evidence the "software Era" is to be anything other than short lived...

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Software division is suposed to be profitable, but to be honest, other than BB operative systems, BB apps aren't worth that much for me.
    09-28-16 03:59 PM
    I did spend some time with the Passport's keyboard and decided it wasn't for me. The screen would have been nice, but overall I'm happy with the Z30.

I'm sure BlackBerry and their manufacturing partners will be hard at work designing great phones with excellent multimedia, camera and audio features. <sarcasm>
    I felt the same about the keyboard for a while. It took quite a while for me to like it. I would say I had my Passport for a couple of months before it became natural for me. Now it feels absolutely amazing to me. I don't have to look at the keyboard and it is comfortable. I have small hands too.
    newcollector likes this.
    09-28-16 04:59 PM
    Sadly I went for the Priv having liked the passport a lot more... now I wonder if the device will go to seed with no updates to android blocked by that shameful bunch at BlackBerry... I feel scammed to the max with $1000 of dead Hardware by design & nobody left to hold responsable... not Canada's finest...

I would think there we be updates for the Priv for a while and wouldn't worry to much about it. I would be more concerned about having a carrier branded device and wonder if the carrier is still going to port out the updates they get from Blackberry? Now it's a wait and see game.
    09-28-16 05:59 PM
    My devices are both OG as I depend upon them for my safety & security...

09-28-16 06:11 PM

It is as dead or not as any other one year old phone. BB is still in business. Didn't some Priv get updates in the last two days. Does it work?
    rotorwrench and Randal Yandal like this.
    09-28-16 07:57 PM
    Chen has effectively turned BlackBerry around. The announcement that they will no longer be manufacturing their own devices will likely cause an increase in Stock price as confidence from investors returns. This isn't the end of BlackBerry and is a far better scenario compared to where they were in 2013. I now see a brighter future for BlackBerry and fully expect that BlackBerry devices will be in my future.

I love my Passport and enjoy the BB10 experience, but will have no problem transitioning to an Android powered device manufactured by a partner.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 07:03 AM
    I would think there we be updates for the Priv for a while and wouldn't worry to much about it. I would be more concerned about having a carrier branded device and wonder if the carrier is still going to port out the updates they get from Blackberry? Now it's a wait and see game.
    Security is nice, but is a shame that we won't be able to root the phone, install future OS updates if blackberry stops the OTA ones
    09-29-16 10:40 AM

Your a troll, you have never used Blackberry the entire time you've been on this site. Go polish your iPhone.

09-29-16 10:54 AM
117 123 ...