Your a troll, you have never used Blackberry the entire time you've been on this site. Go polish your iPhone.
    Can't even tell if you're being sarcastic or not
    09-29-16 10:59 AM
    I thought about getting a passport SE as a backup but with the very old android runtime it just can't compare to the priv.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    09-29-16 03:27 PM
    I'm not interested in rebranded other phones with the BlackBerry name. I honestly enjoyed the BlackBerry DNA/hardware design. I'm happy I bought the Priv but sad it's pretty much the end of the road. I'll probably buy a OnePlus Four next summer as my next phone.
    09-29-16 06:56 PM
    Your a troll, you have never used Blackberry the entire time you've been on this site. Go polish your iPhone.
    You're
    09-29-16 10:26 PM
    Your comment here is most strange. How can you say that Blackberry Apps have no value to you. Hmmm... let's see. The Hub has no value then, Blackberry Maps, Blackberry Travel, Android Integration, Blackberry File Manager, Blackberry Calendar, Blackberry Swipe Keyboard, and so on and so on had no use to you? So what was it about the Passport that you enjoyed so much? Did you just buy a Passport and say I love this phone but I will not use the software because it's useless.

I can't stress this enough. Everything that we love about our phones is built upon the exceptional software execution and design that Blackberry is apparently not renowned for, according to you. I disagree completely. I have had every single Blackberry 10 device, Priv and still use daily my PlayBook. The PlayBook is still useful to me because the software is still that good.

Priv has come a very very long way since Lollipop to the point where I comfortably made the transition. It was painful, and I still have my Passport to give me my Blackberry 10 fix. But let's face it, the silly general public does not yet see the value of security, but that day is coming.

I would hope, that like me, you value the security of your device and want a world with Blackberry in it. If Blackberry can take other people's hardware, and securely run software on it, then you should support that. Wherever the device is made is irrelevant. I trust Blackberry software. If they were just selling rebranded phones I would agree with you, but that is not what they are doing. They are letting TCL absorb the Hardware Cost risk, while they create the software to run it. It is an amazing strategy never before thought of, and I am sure even Tim Cook, the bean counter, is jealous. Now instead of wasting millions on hardware, distribution, and more, Blackberry can now take that money, spend it on Marketing, Software and App development and more.

So I am sorry for my lengthy response, but I genuinely hope you will reconsider your position. It is my further hope that you will look at the new Blackberry strategy with an open mind, as I did and others, and realize that a world without Blackberry is a scary thought. Otherwise we open ourselves up to exploding devices with easily scratched black bodies, have easily jailbreakable or rootable software and with no headphone jack. Hahahaha.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-30-16 06:42 AM
    BlackBerry has yet to prove that it offers anything meaningful for the majority of smartphone users. It's market position, right now, is analogous to PC antivirus software. It's an add-on product that Android is constantly moving towards making unnecessary.
    anon(679606) likes this.
    09-30-16 07:02 AM
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. Software division is suposed to be profitable, but to be honest, other than BB operative systems, BB apps aren't worth that much for me.
    Why would we expect profitability from software BlackBerry proffers, much of it from purchased outside companies, when they couldn't make it with hardware historically their strong suit. The failure at BlackBerry is their management. They need a new CEO; it's almost too late. You know that when rumor is Apple is laughing.

09-30-16 11:28 AM
    Well.. I wouldn't turn the lights out just yet if I were you. Wait and see how the phones will look like as you might be very pleasantly surprised.

I bought a DTEK50 for my brother, and I have to say it's a nice enough device. And it's $100 cheaper than it probably would've been if it was made inhouse.

Depending on what Google does with Android, perhaps Samsung might need their own in-house OS. BlackBerry10 is currently in maintenance mode, but QNX at large certainly isn't.

10-01-16 03:43 AM
    Well... As both a loyal customer and a shareholder I could not disagree more with that sentiment.

Hm.. Was supposed to quote the post to above saying BlackBerry needs a new CEO.

10-01-16 03:44 AM
    I guess.

DTEK60 looks horrible. No BlackBerry branding on the front, hardly looks premium (cheap plastic look), no multi-color LED and made by a second rate manufacturer. I own a BlackBerry Priv because it's a premium looking device.

Unbelievable. BlackBerry has become the biggest joke. All they had to do is outsource the manufacturing but demanding the design style remain the same but oh no, they didn't do that. BlackBerry is a train-wreck, they miss every opportunity and have for nearly a decade. They're alienating their existing fanbase.

Guess once my Priv bites the dust, I'll be buying Samsung or HTC.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-02-16 11:00 PM
    I guess.

DTEK60 looks horrible. No BlackBerry branding on the front, hardly looks premium (cheap plastic look), no multi-color LED and made by a second rate manufacturer. I own a BlackBerry Priv because it's a premium looking device.

Unbelievable. BlackBerry has become the biggest joke. All they had to do is outsource the manufacturing but demanding the design style remain the same but oh no, they didn't do that. BlackBerry is a train-wreck, they miss every opportunity and have for nearly a decade. They're alienating their existing fanbase.

Guess once my Priv bites the dust, I'll be buying Samsung or HTC.
    Since you have the same opinion as the OP, I decided to merge the threads
    10-02-16 11:25 PM
    If one wants a cheesy cheap phone, just go on dx.com or some such to get one... why pay BlackBerry overpriced for name alone, nothing else...??
    10-02-16 11:28 PM
    im known among my friends to be the "blackberry salesman" cos i was such an ardent supporter. but the truth is, blackberry's phones arent as solid as they used to be. i had the q10, which i had to get 5 replacements for. and the priv, well i'm on my 2nd, and its falling apart physically, and the battery life is so unreliable i never know for sure whether its going to die on me. the priv indeed is my last blackberry, and i wish i never got it. im so bitter because i had so much faith in the Company, and it really has taken advantage of us loyal followers and let us down - selling a sub-standard quality phone at that price point is really....low.
    10-03-16 12:34 AM
    I feel you, the priv is the Last blackberry device built. Il maybe have a look at the mercury to carry around as the priv does get a bit annoying to always snap up my keyboard and type as I hate the vkb and never use it almost.

But it was a business decision. Now they can focus on software.

People don't understand, blackberry has officially killed their hardware division off.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    10-03-16 03:53 AM
    All they have to do is update the android runtime and we'll get another couple years out of bb10 comfortably. I would even go back to a passport for that. Passport runs android apps pretty darn good IMHO.

10-03-16 07:50 AM
    I agree with bakron1, people who purchase "Branded" phones seem to get screwed a lot by their carriers that hold back OS Releases and then blame it on the Manufacture. Most of the Carriers are reluctant to give you the unlock code so you can update your phone anytime you want. Bottom line is, they want to keep you dependent instead of independent!
    Jrox74 likes this.
    10-03-16 08:14 AM
    Your comment here is most strange. How can you say that Blackberry Apps have no value to you. Hmmm... let's see. The Hub has no value then, Blackberry Maps, Blackberry Travel, Android Integration, Blackberry File Manager, Blackberry Calendar, Blackberry Swipe Keyboard, and so on and so on had no use to you? So what was it about the Passport that you enjoyed so much? Did you just buy a Passport and say I love this phone but I will not use the software because it's useless.

I can't stress this enough. Everything that we love about our phones is built upon the exceptional software execution and design that Blackberry is apparently not renowned for, according to you. I disagree completely. I have had every single Blackberry 10 device, Priv and still use daily my PlayBook. The PlayBook is still useful to me because the software is still that good.

Priv has come a very very long way since Lollipop to the point where I comfortably made the transition. It was painful, and I still have my Passport to give me my Blackberry 10 fix. But let's face it, the silly general public does not yet see the value of security, but that day is coming.

I would hope, that like me, you value the security of your device and want a world with Blackberry in it. If Blackberry can take other people's hardware, and securely run software on it, then you should support that. Wherever the device is made is irrelevant. I trust Blackberry software. If they were just selling rebranded phones I would agree with you, but that is not what they are doing. They are letting TCL absorb the Hardware Cost risk, while they create the software to run it. It is an amazing strategy never before thought of, and I am sure even Tim Cook, the bean counter, is jealous. Now instead of wasting millions on hardware, distribution, and more, Blackberry can now take that money, spend it on Marketing, Software and App development and more.

So I am sorry for my lengthy response, but I genuinely hope you will reconsider your position. It is my further hope that you will look at the new Blackberry strategy with an open mind, as I did and others, and realize that a world without Blackberry is a scary thought. Otherwise we open ourselves up to exploding devices with easily scratched black bodies, have easily jailbreakable or rootable software and with no headphone jack. Hahahaha.

maybe you read it wrong, or I didn't express myself well. I was refering to Blackberry apps ON ANDROID. Most of those apps you specified, they don't exist in Android. And the hub? well, the Hub on BB10 is a core part of the OS, in Android is an app, not really as good as on BB10. Now there's no PKB phones anymore.

It's not that I don't value security, is that I don't use it. I don't store important information in my phone. The content that I have in my phoene is important just to me, if someone steals my phone, first thing they will do is wipe it, because is full of "garbage" from a random person.

Things like mobile payments aren't a thing where I live, so there's no real concern about someone stealing or hacking stuff from my phone.

So if I don't value security, I'm buying a Alcatel phone rebranded as blackberry that doesn't give me anything more than the Alcatel is based on.

Love it or hate it, even the priv doesn't feel as "Blackberry" as it should. This new hardware outsourcing for me isn't a blackberry, it's any other Android phone with some Blackberry features. You can pick any Android phone and install almost every BB app.
    10-03-16 10:39 AM
    Well.. I wouldn't turn the lights out just yet if I were you. Wait and see how the phones will look like as you might be very pleasantly surprised.

I bought a DTEK50 for my brother, and I have to say it's a nice enough device. And it's $100 cheaper than it probably would've been if it was made inhouse.

Depending on what Google does with Android, perhaps Samsung might need their own in-house OS. BlackBerry10 is currently in maintenance mode, but QNX at large certainly isn't.

I understand your point, but if I was interested in the Dtek50 or Dtek60, I would go out and buy that exact same phone for cheaper, I would buy the alcatel wich it is based on. I can then download Blackberry apps to it
    10-03-16 10:42 AM
    I understand your point, but if I was interested in the Dtek50 or Dtek60, I would go out and buy that exact same phone for cheaper, I would buy the alcatel wich it is based on. I can then download Blackberry apps to it
    Just also wanted to add as well, I will continue to use and purchase any future keyboarded BlackBerry device!!! I love how BlackBerry integrated android into their software and it's better than reg android! Using the Priv right now and it's a beast of a device especially with full access to Google services!!!!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    10-03-16 10:51 AM
    Had BlackBerry since 2009. PRIV will be my last too. Want the Pixel now. Also Google is ultrafast with the Android Security Bulletins

grover5 likes this.
    10-04-16 06:53 PM
    Had BlackBerry since 2009. PRIV will be my last too. Want the Pixel now. Also Google is ultrafast with the Android Security Bulletins

Unless, as someone suggested, in the US, Verizon has to get its mitts on it and, oh, yes, "we must test something else" for a month or two or six!
    10-04-16 10:53 PM

The Pixel does have some bold claims, they claim to be the fastest phone and to have the best camera on the market. Google really is trying hard to fight with apple and samsung this year, it's nice to see

I only have 2 problems with the pixel, does it have to have those fat bezels? and does it have to look like a bloody iphone? I think the current iphone has a very tired design for 2016.

People complain about the price, but for me, if it's a really good phone, it might be worth it.
    10-05-16 10:16 AM
    It's twenty quid more than the price my priv was.... Feel kinda mugged off by BlackBerry now

10-05-16 08:10 PM
    I only have 2 problems with the pixel, does it have to have those fat bezels? and does it have to look like a bloody iphone? I think the current iphone has a very tired design for 2016.
    Hope this pushes for the redesign rumor in 2017 for the 8 or 7 pro or whatever they call it then...
    10-05-16 08:45 PM
    Hope this pushes for the redesign rumor in 2017 for the 8 or 7 pro or whatever they call it then...
    Rumour is that this years iphone 7 looks like a iphone 6SS because they are saving for next year's 10th aniversary and do a big reveal. Rumours tell that apple is moving to amoled for next iphone and to be called iphone 8 not 7S.

Let's wait and see
    10-05-16 11:35 PM
117 1234 ...