It has been said that the Priv (Android) does not have the ability to play-pause or skip track by hard key.

I can confirm this on the device.. odd feature to lack for a modern OS.

My question is why can I play-pause the hard key on the headphones? Is it automatically tied into the software?

Should it not work for device keys as well?

Helpful commentary welcome! Please no "that's just android" comments... Android = customization after all.

Regards

Posted via CB10
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    11-14-15 02:06 PM
    It mutes audio while you play video as well. Pretty stupid feature in my opinion but I'd also like to know why it can't do it.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 02:36 PM
    Eww, you guys are actually trying to use google music? Disable that App and get one that doesn't suck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 02:46 PM
    It has been said that the Priv (Android) does not have the ability to play-pause or skip track by hard key.

I can confirm this on the device.. odd feature to lack for a modern OS.

My question is why can I play-pause the hard key on the headphones? Is it automatically tied into the software?

Should it not work for device keys as well?

Helpful commentary welcome! Please no "that's just android" comments... Android = customization after all.

Regards

Posted via CB10
    If you use the flip case the window has advance track function! Advance backward/forward pause and play will appear as part of the music or headset profile plugged in.

Remember folks android is different and the way the features functions will always be behaviorally different! There's a learning curve!

Just purchased the Samsung Level-in iem's. The mic control switch works amazing with full music control and the armature drivers produce amazing sound quality.

Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 11-15-15 at 02:06 PM.
    11-14-15 02:54 PM
    If you use the flip case the window has advance track function!

Remember folks android is different and the way the features functions will always be behaviorally different! There's a learning curve!

I have always been told some of the draw of Android is customization...

Make.it.happen.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 03:07 PM
    I understand you.
    It seems minor for some, but one of the things which I was very useful of the good ol' days was that you can use the middle button as a pause button when listening to music, watching vids + online tube video's. I wouldn't have a problem with it when the play bar would not automatically minimize (I'm not sure if this happens when watching videos from your sd card/youtube videos on an Android device)...........
    Anyways, let's hope BB CAN make these buttons re-assignable and re-install the convenience key feature that we all dearly love.
    11-14-15 03:14 PM
    Eww, you guys are actually trying to use google music? Disable that App and get one that doesn't suck.

Like?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 03:46 PM
    I understand you.
    It seems minor for some, but one of the things which I was very useful of the good ol' days was that you can use the middle button as a pause button when listening to music, watching vids + online tube video's. I wouldn't have a problem with it when the play bar would not automatically minimize (I'm not sure if this happens when watching videos from your sd card/youtube videos on an Android device)...........
    Anyways, let's hope BB CAN make these buttons re-assignable and re-install the convenience key feature that we all dearly love.
    It's interesting that almost every unboxing or early leaked video always got that one wrong, called it BlackBerry convenience key, apparently a feature many fondly remembered from their BBOS days, and yet... one BlackBerry totally left out.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:07 PM
    Like?

Posted via CB10
    X2, what is a better music app?

And definitely missing a couple solid BlackBerry features. But liking the device and the new experience.
    11-15-15 11:56 AM
    Neutron's decent as well. We've already got that on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 04:41 PM
    I use poweramp.
    11-15-15 05:30 PM
    Poweramp screen shots. Priv Music Play/Pause-1447630360814.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Priv Music Play/Pause-1447630334134.jpg   Priv Music Play/Pause-1447630343473.jpg   Priv Music Play/Pause-1447630352058.jpg  
    ruhban likes this.
    11-15-15 05:33 PM

What music app would you recommend?

11-15-15 05:34 PM
    I use poweramp.
    +1
    11-15-15 05:38 PM
    I use poweramp.
    So does the equaliser of Power Amp allow you to change the equaliser of the whole OS (i.e. any apps that use the OS's equaliser)?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 09:54 PM
    I also wanted to further elaborate on the certain type of headsets that have volume up/down controls that do not wrk with android phones. Most headsets have IOS drivers so these function keys dovnot wrk and have to be android specific. I was just in a Telus store at metrtown mall looking at their iem's and the sales rep said they are all compatible with all android phones. Only headsets that say they are for android have functioning music controls. Up/down and center buttons.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-17-15 04:02 PM
    How can a Samsung, LG, Sony or HTC have iOS drivers??????

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 04:34 PM
    Again and again.

When you get an Android, it comes unfinished.

They left it with developers to fill in the gap.

You have to search what works. It's like Lego. They gave you a bag of pieces to assemble. You can either like that, or hate that.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    11-17-15 04:54 PM

Probably need a separate thread to debate Music app preferences because changing to one that "doesn't suck" won't fix his Play/Pause issue.
    vgorous likes this.
    11-17-15 04:58 PM
    Good question

Posted via The BlackBerry Priv
    11-17-15 05:11 PM
    Bring back to music features on the convenience key's!! One of the best features of a blackberry so handy.

Small things like holding the volume up or down to skip tracks while the phone is in your pocket is so convenient!

ib604 and ruhban like this.
    11-18-15 02:11 PM
    Bring back to music features on the convenience key's!! One of the best features of a blackberry so handy.

Small things like holding the volume up or down to skip tracks while the phone is in your pocket is so convenient!

Couldn't agree more!! Also miss the swipe to wake feature.
    11-18-15 02:24 PM
    Have anyone figured out how to make use of the middle "convenience button"? It is the utmost dumb idea to use it to mute music that keeps on playing, but hey BB going Android is pretty failed so I am not surprised. However, is there a solution to make the PRIV middle button justify it's existence?
    03-10-17 11:00 AM
    I use pocket skip track and button remapper. I use button remapper to stop and play media, but the screen has to be on, and pocket skip track to change songs with screen off. I have not found a single app to handle both while screen is off.
    ib604 likes this.
    03-10-17 11:45 AM
    Thanks for sharing your experience trying out those apps (?) to make use of the hardware buttons. Screen on defies the point. It's about what one can do with the "smart" case window.
    03-10-17 02:22 PM
28 12