How can I make the multi language available at the same time while typing? In my passport, I turned on the language detection ON and then choose whichever language that I would like to be active at the 'enabled language' section.....up to 3 languages.

Though I can't find the right menu on priv to do this..

Thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bob80220 likes this.
    11-09-15 10:35 PM
    How can I make the multi language available at the same time while typing? In my passport, I turned on the language detection ON and then choose whichever language that I would like to be active at the 'enabled language' section.....up to 3 languages.

Though I can't find the right menu on priv to do this..

Thanks

Make sure you have the right input installed from the Google store. I had to install Korean input from the Google play store. After that you have to go to the language and input setting and under current keyboard and tap choose keyboard. Then you can enable or disable various language inputs. Once you have everything set up, you will see a small keyboard icon on the bottom right of the phone. You can tap on that icon switch from one language to the other. Obviously, the language is only supported via the virtual keyboard only.

11-09-15 10:41 PM
    So you can't do dual language simultaneously like how I had it with passport?

That was one other factors that I chose to stay with blackberry because how smart their predictive system compared to others where they can detect which language you're typing with...and no need to switch or toggle between languages...

luigieagle likes this.
    11-09-15 10:56 PM
    Yes you can do dual language. You house have to switch keyboards using the bottom right keyboard icon. Like 한글 now.

11-09-15 11:01 PM
    You can do it through the physical Keyboard as well. As long as you know the keyboard layout for the other language. I don't have the Korean layout memorized so so I use the virtual keyboard.

11-09-15 11:03 PM
    That's what I was trying to say is with passport, I don't have to press or switch between languages...for example, i have spanish and english selected as input. If I'm typing in spanish, the system is able to detect and provide suggestion or correction based on spanish...and when I mix it with english, it can detect that I'm using English and suggested proper words without the need for me to toggle back and forth using that : key to select the language to be used.

Yes you can do dual language. You house have to switch keyboards using the bottom right keyboard icon. Like 한글 now.

11-09-15 11:24 PM

Switching keyboards... It doesn't mean I have to download a different keyboard other than the BlackBerry keyboard to type in 한글?

3-10-30 -(Milltary Service for 1 1/2yrs)-Priv2..?
    11-09-15 11:27 PM
    I found it! Under spell checker, turn it on, and select your secondary language, such as Spanish. By doing so, the spell checker will do both English (since it is default) and Spanish without the need go toggle back and forth.

11-09-15 11:49 PM
    I found it! Under spell checker, turn it on, and select your secondary language, such as Spanish. By doing so, the spell checker will do both English (since it is default) and Spanish without the need go toggle back and forth.

Thank you VERY much!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    11-10-15 01:33 AM

Are the word suggestions coming up in in the language you are typing in? I have French and English language and word suggestions come up in English only unless I toggle the keyboard

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 05:34 AM
    Just checking if the priv is able to type Thai language?
    A screenshot of it would be ideal. Thanks in advance!

Posted via The Almighty Passport
    11-10-15 06:15 AM

Thank you thank you thank you!!! Have been trying to figure this out since I got the Priv.
    11-10-15 06:18 AM
    French and English are working. English is my system default and I set French for the dictionary.
    11-10-15 06:25 AM
    French and English are working. English is my system default and I set French for the dictionary.
    So to make sure I understand you correctly.

If you have the keyboard set to English and have the spellchecker set to French and start typing in French the words suggestions come up in French?? Mine is not suggesting French word with the above settings

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 06:55 AM
    No korean supported on blackberry virtual keyboard on priv

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ: ⓢⓘⓛⓥⓔⓡ
    11-10-15 07:02 AM
    Switching keyboards... It doesn't mean I have to download a different keyboard other than the BlackBerry keyboard to type in 한글?

3-10-30 -(Milltary Service for 1 1/2yrs)-Priv2..?
    I think you have to download google korean input. Link below.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.korean&hl=en

But I maybe wrong.
    11-10-15 07:26 AM

If you have the keyboard set to English and have the spellchecker set to French and start typing in French the words suggestions come up in French?? Mine is not suggesting French word with the above settings

Posted via CB10
    Suggestions will be provided in both languages as soon as they started sensing which language you're typing in....which most cases after couple words you typed in.

Not sure about Korean though...sorry...

11-10-15 07:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can go from fran�ais � anglais dans la m�me phrase and it's working

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    11-10-15 10:15 AM
    Suggestions will be provided in both languages as soon as they started sensing which language you're typing in....which most cases after couple words you typed in.

Not sure about Korean though...sorry...

Hmm not working for me. Can you explain to me exactly what settings you have. I would love for this to work as I alternate constantly between the two

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:21 AM
    Hmm not working for me. Can you explain to me exactly what settings you have. I would love for this to work as I alternate constantly between the two

Posted via CB10
    Hi,
    I do not own a BB-Priv but I side-loaded the Priv VKB on my Oneplus X and this worked for me (thanks once again akusnowo):

1) the main language I changed to English:
    Settings -> Language & Input -> Language = English (US)

2) I only set English as the input language in the Blackberry Keyboard settings. This also has the advantage you are not offered 2 keyboards by android (notification shade) whenever the keyboard comes up:
    Settings -> Language & Input (Keyboard & Input methods) -> Blackberry Keyboard -> Input languages = English (US)

3) In the same "Blackberry Keyboard settings" (Prediction & correction), I chose:
    Auto correction: No
    Show predictions: Yes
    Personalized suggestions: No

4) Back to spell checker, turn it ON, choose your secondary language (in my case Portuguese), mark the "Blackberry Spell checker" radiobutton (in my case it was Google spell checker before)
    Settings -> Language & Input -> Spell checker

It works great!
    I can type both Portuguese / English in the same sentence and suggestions and corrections (red underline) appear on the fly:

priv multi language input-screenshot_2015-11-20-18-35-37.jpg

Like the glory of BB10 (except we have 2 languages instead of 3)

Hope it helps you
    wikison likes this.
    11-20-15 11:40 AM
    Yes, after the software update this morning(12-14-2015) there is Thai language included. My Priv has Khmer language installed and it works with virtual keyboard only at this time. Word suggestion in my language blew me away.

Just checking if the priv is able to type Thai language?
    A screenshot of it would be ideal. Thanks in advance!

Posted via The Almighty Passport
    dietertong likes this.
    12-14-15 03:32 PM
    HI Felippo,

Looks like a great fix but I tried this on my Priv and unfortunately it did not work.
    In particular on point 4: "4) Back to spell checker, turn it ON, choose your secondary language (in my case Portuguese), mark the "Blackberry Spell checker" radiobutton (in my case it was Google spell checker before)
    Settings -> Language & Input -> Spell checker"

I do not have an option available to choose another language.

Any idea?

Key point is

Hi,
    I do not own a BB-Priv but I side-loaded the Priv VKB on my Oneplus X and this worked for me (thanks once again akusnowo):

1) the main language I changed to English:
    Settings -> Language & Input -> Language = English (US)

2) I only set English as the input language in the Blackberry Keyboard settings. This also has the advantage you are not offered 2 keyboards by android (notification shade) whenever the keyboard comes up:
    Settings -> Language & Input (Keyboard & Input methods) -> Blackberry Keyboard -> Input languages = English (US)

3) In the same "Blackberry Keyboard settings" (Prediction & correction), I chose:
    Auto correction: No
    Show predictions: Yes
    Personalized suggestions: No

4) Back to spell checker, turn it ON, choose your secondary language (in my case Portuguese), mark the "Blackberry Spell checker" radiobutton (in my case it was Google spell checker before)
    Settings -> Language & Input -> Spell checker

It works great!
    I can type both Portuguese / English in the same sentence and suggestions and corrections (red underline) appear on the fly:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-20-18-35-37.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	381383

Like the glory of BB10 (except we have 2 languages instead of 3)

Hope it helps you
    12-22-15 11:11 PM
    No options...

Attached Thumbnails priv multi language input-67501.jpg  
    12-22-15 11:13 PM
    No options...

Hi,
    All you need is to tap where it says "language English (United States)" to get a drop down with many options.

See if that works : )

Attached Thumbnails priv multi language input-5443.jpg  
    12-23-15 03:32 AM

So eventually this method is working, thanks.

I only got my Priv today, and also received an update of the keyboard app stating "Predict up to 3 languages and Emoji's" although I still can't find a more logical way to set this feature up instead of this workaround mentioned above.

I think I found the option BlackBerry was mentioning in there latest update. It's under "BlackBerry Keyboard" -> "Multiple Keyboard".

Posted via me BlackBerry Priv
    Last edited by JunkieXP; 01-08-16 at 03:05 PM.
    01-07-16 02:39 PM
31 12