I have an STV100-3 model Priv and am wondering if its possible that this was unlocked from factory or not. I have been reading that the STV100-1 is the factory unlocked one.
    Is there a way to check if the phone was carrier locked at one point? Is there a way to tell if it has always been factory unlocked or unlocked after the fact?
    The reason I ask is I was under the impression it was bought from Shop Blackberry but it being an STV100-3 model leaves me to believe it is a carrier model.
    02-12-16 08:09 PM
    If the phone was purchased in North America, then it's a Canadian carrier model. Factory unlocked phones in North America are all the STV100-1.
    02-12-16 08:53 PM
    Well if that's the case so much for wireless charging... The thing that makes me wonder is how was the phone unlocked before it was even taken out of the box? The seals looked pretty legit to me. I wonder if all the STV100-3 models are meant for carriers or if there were some that were supposed to be factory unlocked? There is nothing on the box that makes me think it was ever meant for a carrier....
    02-12-16 09:10 PM
    Weird.

If you have the box, there should be an info sticker on the side (with the barcodes) saying which regional packaging variant it is.
    02-12-16 09:14 PM
    Under the model # it says "Retail North America-Black"
    And says it is made in Mexico for Blackberry Canada...
    02-12-16 09:21 PM
    That's it?

To compare, my very definitely Telus Priv:
    Attached Thumbnails Priv model question-1455334224600.jpg  
    02-12-16 09:30 PM
    My sticker doesn't have as much info as yours. No carrier listed, no accessories listed, same model RHL211LW and same FCC ID. Mine is kind of the same layout as my SE sticker...
    I have been looking around and I see a few STV100-3 listed as new and factory unlocked. Maybe they send some to carriers and some to other sellers to sell outright.
    02-12-16 09:46 PM
    I wonder if the key words are "Retail North America" ... My SE has that and my Priv has that on their stickers.. I see yours doesn't though....
    02-12-16 09:53 PM
    Where did you buy it from?
    02-12-16 10:21 PM
    Second hand but not opened.. The person won it and didn't need it. I was told it was direct from BB so thats why I assumed it had wireless charging.. I could have bought one for 100 less without the wireless charging off of somebody else. I wish I was smart enough to look at the model number before buying it... lol
    02-12-16 10:29 PM
    Second hand but not opened.. The person won it and didn't need it. I was told it was direct from BB so thats why I assumed it had wireless charging.. I could have bought one for 100 less without the wireless charging off of somebody else. I wish I was smart enough to look at the model number before buying it... lol
    That might explain why it's unlocked then.
    02-12-16 10:37 PM
    I didn't know the person I bought it from so really I could have been told anything... I just thought it was odd because I thought the ones direct from BB were all unlocked with wireless charging and from what I read all the -3 versions were locked to carriers....
    02-12-16 10:40 PM