Ok, I searched everywhere but haven't found an answer for the Priv.

This started happening couple of days ago, the keys just stopped working out of nowhere, no new apps or anything installed. It fell to the floor once but some weeks ago.

So, sometimes it comes back, if I push it hard SOMETIMES, rarely, works... It's very moody about it, but most of the time nothing happens, I restarted and all, Virtual Expert says it's not working too... No idea what happened and what to do about it... I didn't want to restore or reset it but, seems another option...

Help?
    12-07-16 03:41 PM
    Kinda sounds like a hardware issue. You can try a factory reset and see if it's software but I'm betting hardware
    12-07-16 03:45 PM
    Kinda sounds like a hardware issue. You can try a factory reset and see if it's software but I'm betting hardware
    Yeah, it's probably got something to do with how " hard" and "where" it fell.
    12-07-16 04:20 PM
    My down volume button randomly stopped working on Monday. I went to the Verizon store and they also confirmed that it didn't work. I also received the Bootloader menu. However, after a random reboot today, my volume buttons are working. This is so weird. Now I'm stuck with deciding whether or not to move my data to the replacement phone ( which arrived yesterday) or not.
    12-07-16 04:24 PM
    I don't have this problem, but a kinda similar one. The touch of the screen stopped working absolutely out of nowhere for me. I tried a lot of things and didn't work. My phone never felt or anything. This is what solved my problem:

1. Reset pressing 10 seconds the lock button.
    2. Phone will turn on, make sure you type the password if you have any, and that the phone goes to the main screen where you see the apps icons etc.
    3. Reset pressing 10 seconds the lock button again.
    4. Now it should be working correctly.

Sometimes out of nowhere my touchscreen stops working again, and I follow those steps to fix it. Maybe you can try this to see if it solves your problem

Posted via Passport SE
    12-07-16 05:24 PM
    Well, I factory reset and still the same, its been some weeks my phone fell, everything else works but now I'll just contact BlackBerry and see their options, maybe it's still in the warranty
    12-09-16 03:00 PM
    Don't tell them it fell

Posted via Passport SE
    12-09-16 03:33 PM
    My volume up button did the same thing. It started off where I just had to press harder, then gradually it got worse until it stopped working altogether. At&t replaced it under the 1 year warranty (with a refurbished unit of course). Either way, the refurb works like a charm.
    12-09-16 07:39 PM
    Sometimes out of nowhere my touchscreen stops working
    Just to left of the top speaker grille is a prox sensor, if there is any dirt, bubbles in screen protector, really thick or scratched screen protector in this area it can cause the problem you are describing.

BlackBerry Virtual Expert, (app, download from google play) has all kinds of tests to check phone, I highly recommend it.
    There are test for the prox sensor and media buttons. But, buttons not working intermittently is prob a hardware, (mechanical) problem. Expert will tell you they are working when they are working, but should also tell you they are not working when they are not.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-11-16 05:31 AM