Left Priv in rain, now I dried it out but the only thing that doesn't work is the bottom touch buttons to go back home, and to the minimized apps area the square, circle, and triangle.

Anyone come across this or have any ideas on how to fix this??

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 07:48 PM
    How long did you dry it out? Use rice or a desiccant? If a circuit is fried, you probably cannot fix it.
    08-23-16 08:24 PM
    If everything else is good did you try the 32 second reboot? Might be software?
    Worth a shot.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-23-16 08:26 PM
    Rice is your friend...maybe even better is those silicone sacs that come with new products you buy. If that doesn't dry it out nothing will
    08-23-16 08:34 PM
    I've had it in rice for two days now and it helped a lot but still can't get those working. Maybe I'll leave it in rice for a couple more days

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 08:41 PM
    If everything else is good did you try the 32 second reboot? Might be software?
    Worth a shot.

What is a 32 second reboot?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 08:42 PM
    Hold the power button for 32 seconds. It's a full restart.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-23-16 09:22 PM
    What is a 32 second reboot?

Posted via CB10
    Have a variety of restart methods

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    08-23-16 11:09 PM
    Update---now the whole screen does not respond to touch....looks like I'm screwed. Bought the phone outright the day it came out for like 900 bucks...not happy

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 05:31 PM
    You've only got yourself to blame.

08-24-16 06:18 PM
    well when you leave your phone out in the rain whos fault is it? YOURS not the phones sir

I got mine wet when putting on a screen protector and screen went blank, I put in rice for a few days and turned it off and plugged it in while it was in rice.

It came back to life and works like a champ
    08-24-16 06:45 PM
    Never once said it was the phones fault...just looking to see if anyone could help, relax people

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MitchFlynn24_7; 08-24-16 at 07:28 PM.
    08-24-16 07:08 PM
    Milli Vanilli once said you should "Blame It on the Rain."

*A3-A20
    MitchFlynn24_7 likes this.
    08-24-16 08:08 PM
    Update---now the whole screen does not respond to touch....looks like I'm screwed. Bought the phone outright the day it came out for like 900 bucks...not happy

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear. I wonder if the desiccant for a longer period of time might help. Have you tried contacting BlackBerry help? PRIV includes free 24/7 support for 12 months. Call 866-533-8067 for the PRIV. (Info from the BlackBerryhelp twitter account)
    08-25-16 12:46 AM
    I'd only be guessing but restarting it while probably too damp inside and running electricity through all of its circuits probably short circuited its electronics. That fact that things got worse from initially does not sound good.

But the only thing you waste now would be time to replace it. So more time in a powerful drying agent or even a warm spot in the sun with a fan can't hurt. (warm but not oven or electric heater???)

Good luck.
    08-25-16 08:43 AM